Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry David, but I have to totally disagree with you there. I love the US version and am sad to hear that it is being changed. Very sad.
    Originally posted by Kes
    I didn't realize until I started looking around last night that Bear McCreary did the US intro whereas the UK version was Richard Gibbs original work. In fact I didn't know Mr. McCreary really took over responsibility for scoring the series while Gibbs did most of the work for the miniseries.
    Well I’m actually kind of glad that he took over scoring for the series. I like Gibbs’s work for the mini, but there is a difference with some of the instruments they chose to use, and I like McCreary’s choices better.

That’s probably why I like the US intro better because he tweaked on Gibbs’s intro. On the S1 CD, the US intro gives credit to both men.
    Originally posted by Kes
    You already got S1? Thought it wasn't released until June 21? I placed my order last night so we'll see when I get it.
    Where did you order it from? I ordered off la-la land records’ site and it started shipping on I believe June 3 even though they sent me an e-mail saying it got shipped on May 31. *shrug* Guess it takes a while for stuff to get from California to Louisiana. Hehe. The same day I order the CD I also finally decided to order me a Craig Biggio replica jersey (been meaning to do that for a while. I love my Astros no matter what. ) and DHL had it delivered a day before I got the conformation e-mail saying it had been shipped and wouldn’t be there for a couple of days. Those guys are fast.
    Originally posted by Kes
    Uh, working? Out to lunch? Ignoring whole threads?
    That’s a pitiful excuse. Be more creative next time.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

the drums....they've stopped...
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

How unfortunate. The North American version made my hair stand on my neck, it was moving. I like the Celtic-sounding music from the UK, but not nearly as much.

I think that the change is a mistake, but who the heck am I to say?

Comment

The Hand of God is airing right now on Scifi (as part of the all-day marathon) and I think I heard it.
          If I only had my digital camera before it started playing. I could've recorded it, downloaded it to my computer, then uploaded to a upload site, and posted the link in this thread. Damn
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
            I heard the Galactica is going to have a new US theme song for season two. Mainly because more fans preferred the UK theme.
            I think I heard it during Last night's rerun of The Hand Of God. and it sounded pretty good.
            Here's the link:
            http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/...showtopic=1273

Guys, I was at the Burbank BSG con and somebody asked Bear McCreary about the change in the theme. He said that the theme in Hand of God WAS A MISTAKE. Apparently one of the underlings who is in charge of putting together the final copy of the episodes got a hold of the wrong tape and put in the wrong music. He did say, however, that the theme was going to change with each season so there will be a new one, it just won't be that one.
            *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
            Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Well I really like BOTH the UK and US themes; the drums being my favourite part. I never watched season 1 on TV, but watched the UK DVDs instead, so until tonight I had never heard the US version.

I guess the US version actually makes more sense; fits better with the show, that is. I like the chanting but it is a little too 'happy' IMO for a show as dark as BSG; so I can certainly see how people would find the US version more fitting.

But I'll be happy with either as long as the drums (which I LOVE) remain!

Comment

Working...
              X