The Lee Adama/ Kara Thrace relationship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKO View Post
    well at least there's stilll some of us here.
    we are die-hards CKO or just smut junkies
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
      I for one am seriously looking forward to S4 since the *Quadrangle of Doom seems to demolished YAY!! and there is a possiblity for some good Shippy pilot love once again.

Since Kara and Sam...
      Spoiler:
      'till death do us part should apply and null out her vows
      And Lee and Dee
      Spoiler:
      have gone kaput THANK YOU Lords of Kobol with her leaving

maybe we can get back the action, adventure and rockin' steam that makes up Starbuck and Apollo when they ignite our screens regardless if they are playing, fighting, attacking cylons, trying to kiss each other's face off or what not

I will just be happy to see the dynamic with this couple get back to spicey, sinful, delicious steamy goodness while they wrap up the show
      exactly.... but then i hated the Lee/Dee thing with a passion.... yuckky yucky.... they never belonged together...

we are die-hards CKO or just smut junkies
      most likely its a combination of both...
      sigpic

Comment

In deference to all L/K shippers everywhere

its big so be careful
        Spoiler:
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

nice
          sigpic

Comment

hahah just throwing my hat in there as a L/K shipper as well...any news in favor of it is good to me!

Comment

This thread and the actual "ship" has definitely been languishing...

Hope S4 brings plenty of decent and well-thought out K/L goodies.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

yea hopefully we will.. i mean after all their marriages are kinda null and void..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                  yea hopefully we will.. i mean after all their marriages are kinda null and void..
                  THANK GOODNESS!! The Quadrangle of Doom is dead!! That had to be the worse idea Ron Moore had during Season 3. Overall S3 had its moments, I can't say it was as good as Seasons 1 or 2 but about midway the show did get some of its groove back and a large part of that was the interaction of Lee and Kara.

Not just Lee and Kara being all hot and heavy either (although that NEVER hurts ) But the whole dynamic of the two of them. Their relationship has so many levels, friends, colleagues, rivals, family, lovers, soul-mates..the list goes on..

That to have these two characters off on their own away from each other is somewhat of a yawn.... for each. At least for me they are at their most exciting when it is *Starbuck and Apollo* against whatever....

Comment

yup.. we loves the L/K interaction.... i dont wanna wait til '08 its tooooo long
                    sigpic

Comment

At least for me they are at their most exciting when it is *Starbuck and Apollo* against whatever....
                      I feel the same way. They're the best team, any way you put it. The actors seem to feed off each other's energy which makes it more convincing too. I loved "Unfinished Business" even though it was not the most action packed, cyclon-killing episode, simply for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedShock View Post
                        I feel the same way. They're the best team, any way you put it. The actors seem to feed off each other's energy which makes it more convincing too. I loved "Unfinished Business" even though it was not the most action packed, cyclon-killing episode, simply for that reason.
                        I have to agree with you UB was a hum-dinger of an episode on many levels...

it showed the two characters at their worst as well as at their best and at their steamiest

Both characters were able to go to *emotional places* that I don't think they would have been able to with any other character and be believable. Love and hate walk a very fine, both being extremely powerful emotions and when the one you love hurts you so deeply one of the ways you cover up the pain and deal is to revert to hate (even if it is not a true hate). Of course then you see the self-destruction that takes place because of that

Lee gaining all the weight and becoming complacent
                        Kara getting colder and just closing down her emotions (which in the end helped her cause of the you know who abduction)

But as soon as they were back in the *same space* what happens they begin to affect each other in small positive ways, even if the motivation seems negative.

Lee works on himself physically as well as mentally, he begins to get his drive back and find his center once again.
                        Kara while still dysfunctional as hell begins to feel things again and tries to make things right in her own convoluted way.

These two trip and fall all over themselves trying to *do the right things* and end never getting on the same page most days but deep down they know that the feelings they have for the other are never going to go away.

and it only feels right when they are together... they may be battered and bruised and bloody getting there .. but it feels right when they do ...

so YUP I definitely agree with you Unfinished Business showed a whole aspect of this relationship that had more to do with them outside of the vipers...so when you add that into the mix.....they are unstoppable

On the *Actor side of things...Katee seems to have that uncanny ability to raise the quality of performances of those she is with..... both Hubs and I have commented on that many time. Then the other day watching an interview with Edward James Olmos he paid her the very same compliment.

So I have to agree there as well, it is rare when you have two actors that just really really click on-screen on all levels and make you suspend disbelief every time you watch them. These two do a tremendous job of that each and every time.

You want to cover your eyes and give them privacy for the love scenes, you feel sort of embarrassed looking in on the fights and you feel the same exaltation when they achieve victory over the bad guys.... they just make you believe it all
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 July 2007, 12:13 PM.

Comment

You want to cover your eyes and give them privacy for the love scenes, you feel sort of embarrassed looking in on the fights and you feel the same exaltation when they achieve victory over the bad guys.... they just make you believe it all
                          If that isn't the best way to put it, I don't know what is! I often see myself shying away from said love scenes out of a weird "respect for privacy" lol.

Comment

THANK GOODNESS!! The Quadrangle of Doom is dead!! That had to be the worse idea Ron Moore had during Season 3. Overall S3 had its moments, I can't say it was as good as Seasons 1 or 2 but about midway the show did get some of its groove back and a large part of that was the interaction of Lee and Kara.
                            Amen, sister! On every point...
                            I guess they were trying to stretch out the whole saga for as long as they could. Kara and Anders was okay... but Lee and Dee was definitely a dud for me. Didn't work for me AT ALL.
                            Now that S4 is most likely to be the last I'm almost certain that this kind stuff will be at a minimum. I don't need the "happily ever after" stuff either.

Not just Lee and Kara being all hot and heavy either (although that NEVER hurts ) But the whole dynamic of the two of them. Their relationship has so many levels, friends, colleagues, rivals, family, lovers, soul-mates..the list goes on..
                            That's what it's all about for me. That's what it's always been. A genuine, deep and abiding affection between those two no matter where the journey takes them.
                            That said, it'll be nice for Lee to finally get the woman of his dreams. I'm such a sook.

I think Unfinished Business is the boxing episode, right? It's been a while since I've seen it. Boxing as a metaphor for life doesn't do it for me. Most of it was pretty meh... but I did like the flashbacks though.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                              Amen, sister! On every point...
                              I guess they were trying to stretch out the whole saga for as long as they could. Kara and Anders was okay... but Lee and Dee was definitely a dud for me. Didn't work for me AT ALL.
                              Now that S4 is most likely to be the last I'm almost certain that this kind stuff will be at a minimum. I don't need the "happily ever after" stuff either.
                              I don't know if I need *Happily ever after* so much as just knowing the two of them have fought whatever personal demons they have had and figured out that they can fight them together and still be a *Kick-ass duo*

I know in interviews that both actors expressed that Lee/Kara both had beliefs that they wouldn't violate in order to be together in the true romantic sense. But so much of what TPTB did with both relationships was so *day-time drama* that it just got old FAST

Unfortunately or fortunately (we shall see) for TPTB.... the only relationship that created ANY sizzle on the screen was Kara and Lee.

I like Sam...I like Dee... but neither has the chemistry with Kara or Lee that the two of them generate together.
                              Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              That's what it's all about for me. That's what it's always been. A genuine, deep and abiding affection between those two no matter where the journey takes them.
                              That said, it'll be nice for Lee to finally get the woman of his dreams. I'm such a sook.
                              I am not sure what a *sook* is
                              but if that means you have a romantic heart in the end then I am with you
                              I want them both to be at least on the road to being a couple in the end. They have to much passion so they would definitely be a volatile couple getting there.....if only TPTB would write them THAT WAY instead of all this soap-opera crap and THAT would be fun to watch

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              I think Unfinished Business is the boxing episode, right? It's been a while since I've seen it. Boxing as a metaphor for life doesn't do it for me. Most of it was pretty meh... but I did like the flashbacks though.
                              I think the metaphor was that they *hate as hard as they love* and the boxing was to show just how intense it truly was. Kara was willing to put herself out there for Lee to take his *pound of flesh* since she was the one to have hurt him so badly and hopefully begin the healing process for their relationship.
                              At least that was how I interpreted the whole episode

After I got my tongue of the floor from that AWESOME love scene LOL

Comment

I know in interviews that both actors expressed that Lee/Kara both had beliefs that they wouldn't violate in order to be together in the true romantic sense. But so much of what TPTB did with both relationships was so *day-time drama* that it just got old FAST
                                That part I found interesting... that Lee refused to be in an adulterous relationship with Kara and Kara not wanting to divorce Anders. It increased my already flagging opinion of those two.
                                I think I was a little angry... annoyed maybe with the way botched up L/K that I more or less lost interest in the show for a while. Incidentally, I don't actually watch the show just for L/K but I dunno, it just left a sour taste in my mouth. It's the only current canon pairing on television that I have any interest in.
                                I liked the way things were before Dee started giving Lee the eye. I liked that L and K both loved each other but for some reason or other they couldn't honestly come right out and say it. Obviously Kara had heaps of baggage to work through and perhaps in S4, she can finally get past it all.

I am not sure what a *sook* is
                                but if that means you have a romantic heart in the end then I am with you
                                Close... sorry it's a Down Under colloquialism meaning "a big softy".
                                It just seems to me from all accounts that he's always loved her. Maybe even when Zak was in the picture.
                                But then I think he was also jealous of the kind of relationship she had with his father so that complicated matters as well.
                                I want them both to be at least on the road to being a couple in the end. They have to much passion so they would definitely be a volatile couple getting there.....if only TPTB would write them THAT WAY instead of all this soap-opera crap and THAT would be fun to watch
                                I think the passion is there. Mostly because I think both actors really believe in this relationship even when I suspect that TPTB are half-hearted about it.

After I got my tongue of the floor from that AWESOME love scene LOL
                                I found that love scene heartening, in a way. I was glad that TPTB hadn't abandoned the pairing... just postponed it for a while, I think.
                                I loved Lee in it because he was so boyishly enthusiastic... his love for her has never abated even if she's made him work pretty hard. It was just delightful how he open he wanted to be about their relationship.

But boxing... is pretty "meh" although I thought it was interesting that everyone left at the end and gave them space. They all felt like voyeurs looking in on something almost private and intimate.

I saw Lee and Kara right from the miniseries... when he goes to the brig and she calls him Capt Adama... Hehehe... Those were the good o'l days.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X