The Lee Adama/ Kara Thrace relationship thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
    Yeah, but this is Adama's baby boy and his foster daughter in a way.

He'll let them do there thing, like he said "I'm a soft touch".

I think the possibility for them being together is high.

I mean Lee seems like he's her true love, while Baltar was just a fling and Anders was probably just the last good looking guy (save probably Helo, who seems like a womanzier himself if the card game talk in the mini was true) on Caprica, so she hooked up with him while she was there.

I think Lee's only competetion is with Leoben.
    I think they can get away with bending the "no frat" regs only because there are fifty-something thousand humans left and as Roslin said, "we have to start making babies". Whether Adama would want his best pilot out of the cockpit and in the labour ward remains to be seen...
    Spoiler:
    that is if they cylons haven't messed with her ovaries.

I used to think that Lee is the oblivious one but I'm convinced that she's going to lead him on a dance for quite some time.

The idea that Leoben could be a potential rival has never quite occurred to me. He certainly knew how to push the religious button with her but I'm not sure if that's enough for good o'l romance.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
      Yes, I apologize for my poor punctuation.

I was trying to type: they have "no frat" regs.

Morjana
      Ah. Makes more sense now.

Moot point anyway, didn't stop Kara with involving herself with Zak. Can't see the rules stopping her with Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        Ah. Makes more sense now.

Moot point anyway, didn't stop Kara with involving herself with Zak. Can't see the rules stopping her with Lee.
        Yeah... methinks the only thing stopping Kara being involved with Lee... is Kara and maybe, Lee...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

As for Leoben, don't really see him as competition in a romantic sense. He seems to play more the prophet or priestly role.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            Yeah... methinks the only thing stopping Kara being involved with Lee... is Kara and maybe, Lee...
            Too true, they are their own worst enemies sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
              Too true, they are their own worst enemies sometimes.
              Sometimes?
              sigpic

Comment

I just hope that both of them get their heads back on straight.

Apollo isn't too bad right now at least he has some kind of a purpose, but Kara is really lost.

She smokes, she drinks, she gambles, she's quick to jump into the sheets (as what is implied), the kind of girl you won't bring home to mom, but you'll bring home to dad.

And that's what Lee seems to be doing..

Comment

Apollo isn't too bad right now at least he has some kind of a purpose, but Kara is really lost.

She smokes, she drinks, she gambles, she's quick to jump into the sheets (as what is implied), the kind of girl you won't bring home to mom, but you'll bring home to dad.

It's nice to see a guy supporting this particular relationship, Mr Seven... Hubs just quashed my enthusiasm only so slightly by telling me that he doesn't think anything will ever happen between the two primarily because of her manizing ways... (doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?)
                  sigpic

Comment

okay i got bored again.. caps are from BSG media... and what do ya know another wallpaper..

linked due to size.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...arakissin2.jpg
                    Last edited by CKO; 21 August 2005, 10:28 AM. Reason: fix the link... dif wallpaper added.. better attempt ;)
                    sigpic

Comment

You have no idea how true it is. Kara, the poor girl, is lost emotionally mainly becuase she's caught between something she could have but knows she shouldn't or something she wants to have. She plays games, like I do. It's why I relate to her. It's either physical attraction confused into romantic compatibility or our own misgivings separating ourselves from the possibility of being loved. Lee on the other hand is pretty open to his feelings for Kara, I think. He's a rebel with a cause. *growl* What I wouldn't do to Lee. But really! She's away and he doesn't go scamming on others. He's loyal and dedicated and just so sincere. He's boy-cute, the perfect catch if only Kara got over her messed up past. Her tough act is going to melt one of these days and Lee's gonna be there to catch her. Geez that kiss was awesome last episode. Well written and well acted. And I can't believe he said he loved her!!!! Aweee.... I squealed. *sigh* Lee...

Comment

Still haven't seen the Home yet, but I did see the
                        Spoiler:
                        I love you bit.

That I'd have to say was done perfectly. Not too smaltzy or mushy, it's what'd I'd expect. He'd say it offhand and then she makes a joke of it.

But I love the look on Starbuck's face when he said it. And how he tried to downplay it all. And the teasing afterwards, priceless.

I can't tell you how many times I've rewatched that scene. Can hardly wait to see that bit in context with the episode.

Comment

and to think that i finally can tape eppys now... NEW VCR... yeyeyeyeyeye.. and what a perfect eppy to tape too.. and i gonna tape it tomarrow (when its reshown)
                          sigpic

Comment

The interesting thing for me is that they really didn't have to do this... but they did it anyway... which makes me think that TPTB are willing to go somewhere with this relationship...
                            Gives one reason to hope, anyway...

But I still worry sometimes... scifi and romance don't always have a good track record... However, because BSG is such a character-driven show, I have reason to believe that it could work...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              The interesting thing for me is that they really didn't have to do this... but they did it anyway... which makes me think that TPTB are willing to go somewhere with this relationship...
                              Gives one reason to hope, anyway...

But I still worry sometimes... scifi and romance don't always have a good track record... However, because BSG is such a character-driven show, I have reason to believe that it could work...
                              It could, that scene gave me hope that the TPTB could do it well, the tone was perfect.

Do you think fans would be happy if they got together for a short time then for some reason or another decided to end it and move on?

Comment

i know i wouldnt be happy..why would they want to move on (with other people)...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X