Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Jamie Bamber (Lee 'Apollo' Adama)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titans
    I just find him whiney. "Boo Hoo...I have no reason to live" Boo Hoo...I miss my ex so now I'm shacking up with hookers" Boo Hoo my daddy's mean to me" He's a girl!
    LOL so appearently you've never dealt with stuff like that in your life. Its extremely tough and his reaction has always been, to me, incredibly realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      LOL so appearently you've never dealt with stuff like that in your life. Its extremely tough and his reaction has always been, to me, incredibly realistic.
      No I've never dealt with shacking up with Hookers or being compared to my father the most butt-kicking guy in the universe who just happens to lead the last vestiges of humanity through space after the apocolypse...so maybe your right...maybe I just can't relate.

But come on his father kills Cylons with his bear hands!! How many Cylons has Lee beaten to death???
      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Well, how many known humanoid Cylons has he encountered in a combat setting? I can't think of too many. He has, however, killed countless Raiders and taken out a couple Centurions, albeit with explosive rounds. I imagine it would be rather hard even for the Admiral to kill a Centurion with his bare hands...
        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

No I've never dealt with shacking up with Hookers or being compared to my father the most butt-kicking guy in the universe who just happens to lead the last vestiges of humanity through space after the apocolypse...so maybe your right...maybe I just can't relate.

But come on his father kills Cylons with his bear hands!! How many Cylons has Lee beaten to death???
          He killed one severely weakened and damaged cylon with his bare hands. His father was cold and distant to him and completely shut him out after Zak's death. He needed his father and he wasn't there for him. How is Adama the most butt-kicking guy in the universe? Sure he has done a good job up till now, but with a lot of help, and he has made mistakes and would have cost everyone their life if it wasn't for others influence on him. He would have abbandoned the fleet in the mini to go commit suicide, he commited a military coup d'etat, he would have abandoned the loyalists on Kobol. Yes given the circumstances he has done a decent job, but he has made mistakes, he is still human, and so is Lee. They are both dealing with the trauma as best they can. Besides Lee is still a superior pilot anyday of the week, the only one that comes close to his level is Starbuck and thats just because she is crazy, he has more raw tallent and it is refined with his control.

Comment

Well, for lack of sounding like a whining Apollo loving wussy, I think the way he has been written is pretty damn good.

I've been through some similar, not exact, but similar situations, and find the issue with a lost love and pregnancies pretty close to realistic. I can say that I thought his guilt over that would easily drive him into the arms of another woman. Now the whole hooker thing is totally believable. Men go to strippers and hookers for one thing, attention they don't believe they can get elsewhere or can't get elsewhere, or for excitement. It was a bit seedy, but I think they were trying to show that Apollo was not this All-Colonial good boy. Besides, Apollo was not assigned to Galactica. He ended up there in the miniseries for the decommissioning. So it was really accidental that he even stayed alive. So in all, I think they are still playing that he still feels like he really does not belong. Whereas Starbuck has been there for a while, and is part of the crew.

Starbuck is pretty kick ass, but RDM made it clear in the podcast for Scar that if Apollo and Starbuck get together he would like to see it for all the wrong reasons. I'm not exactly sure what the means.

Comment

Hey all,

We have plenty of other threads to discuss Apollo the character. Please keep this thread on topic -- GateWorld's interview with Jamie.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                Hey all,

We have plenty of other threads to discuss Apollo the character. Please keep this thread on topic -- GateWorld's interview with Jamie.
                Sorry Darren!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow
                  Well, how many known humanoid Cylons has he encountered in a combat setting? I can't think of too many. He has, however, killed countless Raiders and taken out a couple Centurions, albeit with explosive rounds. I imagine it would be rather hard even for the Admiral to kill a Centurion with his bare hands...
                  Adama can kill Cylons with nothing more than an icy stare!!! He's that hard core!
                  Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Working...
                  X