X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very controlled, not unemotional exactly, but a bit humorless
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, exactly. And of course those same qualities might be appealing to someone else.

Funny, I never thought about which characters were hot until this thread, but then this show was made back in the days when shows were allowed to have a variety of characters including older people and people who weren't smoking hot. If they made it today, the networks probably would insist on a very different-looking cast.
      sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean, but it's not necessarily true. But I don't know if it's such a bad thing to have the same hotness requirement for men as has been for women since Trek at least.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm just going by the amount of shock I feel whenever I watch something from a few decades ago and realize how much older the cast is. Older, and their bodies aren't honed and preened to perfection. Also, their teeth aren't blinding white. (Hmmm maybe it's just that technology and styles have changed. Like, these days Garibaldi would probably be filling in that hairline with transplants.)

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          But I don't know if it's such a bad thing to have the same hotness requirement for men as has been for women since Trek at least.
          That's a good point.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
            I don't really know how to describe what I mean. I don't mean it in an insulting way though, although I guess that does sound insulting. He's too calm, too groomed, too deliberate, too smooth.
            Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Very controlled, not unemotional exactly, but a bit humorless
            I liked Sincalir, but I agree with both of you. I always thought he was a little stiff.
            sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
            - R.E.M.

Comment

The tooth thing is decidedly American. Some British actors have fairly uneven teeth, two genre examples I can think of are Catherine Tate and David Tennant. Perhaps you should have specified American TV shows, British ones IMO cast a greater number of less than perfect looking people, probably because the pool of potential actors is much smaller.
              sigpic

Comment

My friends and I always laugh at the new shows... if the cast is "unnaturally attractive" it automatically means it was produced by the CW. Or at least that's how we make fun of it lol. But in all seriousness it is kinda true.... look at Arrow, Vampire Diaries, Secret Circle, and just about any other show made by them. Do you see anyone old or young who is not insanely attractive? Ever? That combination of the world is just uber-hot just isn't natural lol. (Unless you happen to live in either San Fran, Hollywood, or certain neighborhoods of DC lol)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  The tooth thing is decidedly American. Some British actors have fairly uneven teeth
                  I was only talking about the degree of whiteness. The more recent a TV series is, the whiter the teeth.

Originally posted by Jershon View Post
                  My friends and I always laugh at the new shows... if the cast is "unnaturally attractive" it automatically means it was produced by the CW.
                  Was Smallville on the CW? Because I only watched the first few seasons of that, but I always thought the biggest mystery in that town was why everyone was so freakishly good-looking.
                  sigpic

Comment

lol idr but the image fits lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Who's the hottest guy? Garibaldi hands down for me. His shirtless scenes made me think WOOF instantly.
                      sigpic

Comment

with or without the hair?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jershon View Post
                          with or without the hair?
                          Either way, he has a high woof factor for me.
                          sigpic

Comment

Michael O'Hare as Sinclair ! He was sensational. His stiffness or whatever was natural to me for someone in the Armed Forces. If you thought Sinclair was stiff, you'd have thought my Grandfather (a full Colonel in the Army) was a rock walking !!!

Comment

I love John Sheridan's dimples and how he silvers over time
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                I love John Sheridan's dimples and how he silvers over time
                                Second that
                                sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                                - R.E.M.

Comment

Working...
                                X