No announcement yet.

is it even worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sp!der, I've watched both and would say that The X-Files is better. They're also very different, though, so your choice should depend on your own current mood more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
      Sp!der, I've watched both and would say that The X-Files is better. They're also very different, though, so your choice should depend on your own current mood more than anything else.
      I just finished seven seasons of DS9 and I needed a year to finish this beautiful show but now I think I'm gonna have to take a break from space based shows a little bit anyway so I think for now I'm gonna start with the X-Files after my exams and when I'm in the mood for a little space station drama I'm gonna start it's B5 because nevertheless I'm gonna watch it one day
      sigpic

Comment

B5 is awesome. Yes, there are some weak eps; what show doesn't have them? But the characters are real in ways many shows don't do them.

It's definitely time for a rewatch. There sure is nothing else on right now.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by TennisMennis View Post
          LOL! Yeah, the Shadows War is pretty intriguing. Although I'm not sure I'm following it as closely as I need to. Sometimes I watch it when I'm pretty exhausted and I think I miss some things.

Spoiler Alert ******For instance, I think when a Minbari dies, their soul might inhabit a human body. I think. I don't believe this is 100%, but for some. Thus, the Minbaris quit fighting Earth. Maybe I'll learn more about this at the end of three. My wife informed me we have one more disk for season 3. I thought we finished three when Capt Sinclair returned for that two-part special. I see the last show is named Z'ha'doom. I know this place is important, so maybe I'll get more info to clarify things for me.
          IF you watch In the Beginning Which explains why commander Sinclair was placed on Babylon 5 for its first season.
          Z'Ha'Dum. I hae been a fan since i first watched back in the 90's

Comment

It's def worth watching. if you can bear the dated graphics, but at the time of release it was just awesome to watch and so believable, the characters and storyline were fantastic and I reckon if not in Season 1 def after the first few eps of season 2 you'll be hooked! My fave character is Marcus Cole played by Jason Carterm and Vester played by Walter Koenig. I hope you take the time to watch it cos it is an enjoyable show.
            WACKO!!!!

Comment

I'm still trying to convince some of my sci-fi addicted friends to give it a go. S1 is a little bit rubbish but you *have* to watch it, otherwise the other seasons don't work as well. You could also skip S5, S4 ends the show perfectly.

Comment

If you intend to skip S5, skip the quickly added in S4 finale and substitute the S5 and series finale instead. I detest the S4 finale, it's by far my least favorite episode of the entire season.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  If you intend to skip S5, skip the quickly added in S4 finale and substitute the S5 and series finale instead. I detest the S4 finale, it's by far my least favorite episode of the entire season.
                  I'm gonna have to agree with that.

In any case, don't skip on the series finale, it's really good.
                  sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                  - R.E.M.

Comment

Babylon 5 has it's quirks. The series was designed as a lower budget sci-fi series, so in some cases it is fairly evident as in some cases production value is below average. Casting is mixed from horrible acting to good, and very obvious they reuse same actors for different aliens (more so than even Trek).

The CGI is quite dated, but if you ever seen the 2007 Lost Tales, it would be great to have a remastered version like Trek TOS and TNG.

The whole series was designed and written very well with all characters having exit stories and well in advanced story arcs. I have heard that JMS (the creator) had around 80 episodes written (I think more like heavily outlined) before the series was even picked up.

B5 is also one of the rare instances where the owner of the network was a fan and kept it on the air despite various issues.

If you like DS9, then you will like B5.
                    Hi There!

Comment

Best written, most original series ever written. If you like ideas and words, it's a must view.

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                        Best written, most original series ever written. If you like ideas and words, it's a must view.
                        The characters too! G'Kar/Mollari interaction is classic. Even individually, they are just made of pure awesome. I would watch a show of just them honestly.
                        Hi There!

Comment

The first 3 and a Half Seasons were great. Kinda fell apart after that with the character changes and stuff.

The movies that followed were very HIT and Miss.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Its gritty, more so then any Trek. Plus they only time travel once, rather than once every season on Trek
                            sigpic
                            Paying Homage to Star Trek... LIKE A BOSS!... Though right now I'd prefer a Night Fury to the Enterprise

Comment

Just watch it all...

I remember never being able to get into it during its original run (couldn't get past the 90's CGI and Londo's hair), but I got into it after I finished SG-1 and Atlantis (major sci-fi drought) and loved it. It's definitely one of my favorite series and I lament the fact that more movies weren't made after the fact.

And then there was Crusade...

Comment

I watch B5 Daily if not Weekly, Totally worth watching! Heck I like the characters in this show a bit more than others..after all if Chekov shows up as an bad guy Psi-Cop it's gotta be good.
                                Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X