Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    So you've seen all of season 4?
    Nope, I was referring to Into the Fire (4x06) which is the last one I posted here and also the last one I've watched since then.
    sigpic

Comment

4x07 - Epiphanies

Back in the swing of things now. This was a solid day after type of episode. Following the conclusion of a major arc, this episode helped transition the story smoothly on to its next major plot line(s). It looks like B5 and Earth will be going head to head now and this will be the focus going forward. As well as the mysterious aliens from Z'ha'dum.

I wasn't surprised about Garibaldi's decision, and I assume that coded message set off some signal programmed into his brain. Still curious to see what the outcome will be, though I'm guessing it has something to do with Earth and the Psi-corps.

It was great to see Londo and G'kar back on B5. I think considering everything that has happened, these two have really stood out as the best-developed characters on the show.

I liked Lyta's story line and I hope they focus on it more. She is a character with a lot of potential. I did no like the John's reaction when he found out about what she did. Mainly because he has kept his own people in the dark numerous times in the past and expected them to follow all his orders without question. Now when he found himself on the other side of it he got all upset for not being informed, even though Lyta's reasoning for not telling him was perfectly reasonable. I've really disliked some of the decisions he has made recently.

And lastly, those new aliens remind me of Goa'ulds.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
        4x07 - Epiphanies

Back in the swing of things now. This was a solid day after type of episode. Following the conclusion of a major arc, this episode helped transition the story smoothly on to its next major plot line(s). It looks like B5 and Earth will be going head to head now and this will be the focus going forward. As well as the mysterious aliens from Z'ha'dum.

I wasn't surprised about Garibaldi's decision, and I assume that coded message set off some signal programmed into his brain. Still curious to see what the outcome will be, though I'm guessing it has something to do with Earth and the Psi-corps.

It was great to see Londo and G'kar back on B5. I think considering everything that has happened, these two have really stood out as the best-developed characters on the show.

I liked Lyta's story line and I hope they focus on it more. She is a character with a lot of potential. I did no like the John's reaction when he found out about what she did. Mainly because he has kept his own people in the dark numerous times in the past and expected them to follow all his orders without question. Now when he found himself on the other side of it he got all upset for not being informed, even though Lyta's reasoning for not telling him was perfectly reasonable. I've really disliked some of the decisions he has made recently.

im glad your carrying on as i had started to think you might have given up on B5.
        sigpic
        The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

4x07 - Epiphanies

It's been said that no one comes back from Z'ha'dum the same. Sheridan is a much darker character now than he used to be. That incident with Lyta is just one example. The characters of B5 are forever developing - you've seen it with Londo and G'kar through the first 3 seasons - now you'll see it with Sheridan.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
            im glad your carrying on as i had started to think you might have given up on B5.
            No, never! I love the show, just took a short break.

Originally posted by Savatage View Post
            It's been said that no one comes back from Z'ha'dum the same. Sheridan is a much darker character now than he used to be. That incident with Lyta is just one example. The characters of B5 are forever developing - you've seen it with Londo and G'kar through the first 3 seasons - now you'll see it with Sheridan.
            This is true. I think they've done a great job with Londo and G'kar, so I assume the same will happen with Sheridan.
            sigpic

Comment

4x08 - The Illusion of Truth

Another set up episode of what is to come. I thought it was well done and I liked how the last half was from the perspective of the news report only.

What I liked about this episode is that it showed how much of a powerful weapon propaganda can be, especially in a technologically advanced day and age when news is so widespread through television and other sources. It kind of makes one think about real life as well.

I think the title of the episode can be interpreted to have a variety of different meanings. While the report itself was scathing and biased, there were some bits of truth in there, just as the reporter said. One of the most poignant remarks that stood out to me was what Garibaldi had to say about Sheridan.

So the buildup continues for this Earth-arc and I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store.
              sigpic

Comment

4x08 - The Illusion of Truth

Another set up episode of what is to come. I thought it was well done and I liked how the last half was from the perspective of the news report only.

What I liked about this episode is that it showed how much of a powerful weapon propaganda can be, especially in a technologically advanced day and age when news is so widespread through television and other sources. It kind of makes one think about real life as well.

I think the title of the episode can be interpreted to have a variety of different meanings. While the report itself was scathing and biased, there were some bits of truth in there, just as the reporter said. One of the most poignant remarks that stood out to me was what Garibaldi had to say about Sheridan.

So the buildup continues for this Earth-arc and I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store.
                I thought the last bit about the cryo chambers was the most damning. If I'm on Earth and see that I'd be more inclined to believe the rest of what they said on the report. Nothing more dangerous than a lie based on bit of truth.

I have to give a nod to my favorite character Londo for cracking me up again with his rant about the air condioning in his room.

Comment

I thought the last bit about the cryo chambers was the most damning. If I'm on Earth and see that I'd be more inclined to believe the rest of what they said on the report. Nothing more dangerous than a lie based on bit of truth.

I have to give a nod to my favorite character Londo for cracking me up again with his rant about the air condioning in his room.
                  As much as I love G'Kar for his wisdom, Sheridan and Delenn for their leadership and loyalty, others for differing reasons, Londo is still my favorite over-all. I found it difficult to bite my tongue and not say anything when magictrick was hating him at the beginning, knowing that the point of view would change - maybe not 180 degrees, but certainly not the same as the beginning.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    As much as I love G'Kar for his wisdom, Sheridan and Delenn for their leadership and loyalty, others for differing reasons, Londo is still my favorite over-all. I found it difficult to bite my tongue and not say anything when magictrick was hating him at the beginning, knowing that the point of view would change - maybe not 180 degrees, but certainly not the same as the beginning.
                    I never said hate! It is true though, I did not like at all how he was going about things, especially with the deaths of all the Narn on his hands due to his self-centered ambitions. Despite that I can't say I totally disliked the character, I still thought Londo was really interesting to watch. And over the course of season 3 up until now, you are right, he really has changed a lot.
                    sigpic

Comment

4x09 - Atonement

It has been a long time since we've seen a Delenn-centered episode so this was a welcome story. Mira did an excellent job with her character this time, and I was really curious all the way through to see the outcome. The Dreaming is certainly an interesting concept, instead of a lie-detector, its more of a truth-finder type deal.

The other part I liked about this plot was that we got to see in more detail how Delenn ended up where she is, and also the events that led up to the Earth-Minbari war. The fact that it was Delenn herself who backed the war in her fit of rage only made things all the more interesting. I wonder if Sheridan will ever find out the truth?

I liked that they discussed the human DNA in Minbari and the Children of Valen. From what I gathered though, are we to assume most Minbari don't know this, and it was only the Grey Council who knew the truth?

Finally, I've got mention one of my favourite characters, G'kar. A short appearance in this episode but he was fun to watch.

Another good episode from my point of view. I like how they are addressing other issues while at the same time building up the Earth-arc story line. Should be good.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        I always liked his humor. He has this way of using over-exageration that always cracks me up, either in the way he speaks (My arm will break off and shatter on the floor), or the way he acts (hunting a bug with a sword - a bug which must be killed before it develops language skills no less). It's always over-the-top with Londo.

Comment

I never said hate! It is true though, I did not like at all how he was going about things, especially with the deaths of all the Narn on his hands due to his self-centered ambitions. Despite that I can't say I totally disliked the character, I still thought Londo was really interesting to watch. And over the course of season 3 up until now, you are right, he really has changed a lot.
                          As the demigod Cold Fuzz said, Londo's hard to like in season 2 and 3. That's why I said I'd be interested to see what you thought of him by season 4. Some people never get past his previous behavior, and I get that. You don't think of people who attempted genocide to be likable or even someone worthy of pity. I think with Londo you see genuine remorse and an understnding that he can never make up for what he did. He can only strive to learn from his mistakes and be better.
                          Last edited by Savatage; 20 January 2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

4x09 - Atonement

It has been a long time since we've seen a Delenn-centered episode so this was a welcome story. Mira did an excellent job with her character this time, and I was really curious all the way through to see the outcome. The Dreaming is certainly an interesting concept, instead of a lie-detector, its more of a truth-finder type deal.

The other part I liked about this plot was that we got to see in more detail how Delenn ended up where she is, and also the events that led up to the Earth-Minbari war. The fact that it was Delenn herself who backed the war in her fit of rage only made things all the more interesting. I wonder if Sheridan will ever find out the truth?

I liked that they discussed the human DNA in Minbari and the Children of Valen. From what I gathered though, are we to assume most Minbari don't know this, and it was only the Grey Council who knew the truth?

Finally, I've got mention one of my favourite characters, G'kar. A short appearance in this episode but he was fun to watch.

Another good episode from my point of view. I like how they are addressing other issues while at the same time building up the Earth-arc story line. Should be good.
                            This episode was a jaw-dropper for me the first time I saw it. Delenn gave the go ahead for the war! Delenn!?!

Magictrick, we can finally talk about whether it's better to start watching the show with "The Gathering" or "In the Beginning". Would you have wanted to know that Delenn started the Earth-Minbari War before you'd seen a single episode of Season 1? Or know the Minbari took Sinclare and why it stopped the war? It may be a prequel, but it's a spoiler-fest. If you hate spoilers as much as I do, I'd recommend watching "In the Beginning" right before the last episode of Season 5.

Comment

Magictrick, we can finally talk about whether it's better to start watching the show with "The Gathering" or "In the Beginning". Would you have wanted to know that Delenn started the Earth-Minbari War before you'd seen a single episode of Season 1? Or know the Minbari took Sinclare and why it stopped the war? It may be a prequel, but it's a spoiler-fest. If you hate spoilers as much as I do, I'd recommend watching "In the Beginning" right before the last episode of Season 5.
                              I don't like spoilers at all, so I'm definitely glad that I stuck to watching the show the way I did. I've successfully avoided any major spoilers thus far and I hope to continue it. The best feeling when watching a show like this is not knowing anything going into a new episode. The folks posting in this thread have also been nice enough to post in such a way that would drop hints but not spoil anything for me
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't like spoilers at all, so I'm definitely glad that I stuck to watching the show the way I did. I've successfully avoided any major spoilers thus far and I hope to continue it. The best feeling when watching a show like this is not knowing anything going into a new episode. The folks posting in this thread have also been nice enough to post in such a way that would drop hints but not spoil anything for me
                                Have you even seen In The Beginning yet?

I've always thought it was the Grey Council, but also perhaps a few aides, just as Lennier knows pretty much every secret of Delenn's. It's a secret that goes back a thousand years, so there is no telling how many know.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X