Your Favorite Babylon 5 Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
    Great quote from an awesome season finale.
    It was a wonderful segue into the narrative setup for 2260, especially since Ivanova did the voiceover for the opening monologue. The monologue for The Fall of Night had the right amount of dread. The main Babylon 5 theme music we heard from seasons 1 & 2 was noticeably altered to fit this monologue and it functioned beautifully.

We knew the Shadow War was just around the corner but as of the airing for The Fall of Night, we still didn't know what shape it would take. All we knew was that would be immense in scale and horribly apocalyptic—and it was.
    sigpic

Comment

"You risked your life to save me."
      "You would have done the same for me."
      "Yes, but I am the better person."
      --G'Kar and Londo; "The Fall of Centauri Prime"

"Mollari, understand that I can never forgive your people for what they have done to my world. My people will never forgive your people. But, I can forgive you."
      --G'Kar; "The Fall of Centauri Prime"
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        It was a wonderful segue into the narrative setup for 2260, especially since Ivanova did the voiceover for the opening monologue. The monologue for The Fall of Night had the right amount of dread. The main Babylon 5 theme music we heard from seasons 1 & 2 was noticeably altered to fit this monologue and it functioned beautifully.

We knew the Shadow War was just around the corner but as of the airing for The Fall of Night, we still didn't know what shape it would take. All we knew was that would be immense in scale and horribly apocalyptic—and it was.
        Indeed, and part of her voiceover in The Fall of Night was changed around and used in the opening monologue for season three. It made for a seamless transition from seasons two to three. The music for the season three intro was really heavy and I think was meant to fill the viewer with doom and gloom, but actually I found it uplifting for some reason. It's my favourite opening theme for all seasons.

Speaking of great quotes from Ivanova; here's one from Points of Departure that really makes me laugh out loud and because it is just so Ivanova:

"And as far as I'm concerned the transports can wait until the sun explodes. And if your not happy with the seating arrangements, I will personally order your seats to be moved outside, down the hall, across the station and into the fusion reactor. Am I absolutely perfectly clear on this?"
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

"I believe that when we leave a place, a part of us go with us, and a part of us remain. Go anywhere on this station and just listen. After a while, you begin to hear the echoes of all our conversations. Long after we are gone, our voices will linger in these walls."
          --G'Kar, "Objects in Motion"
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Morden - "What are you going to do, Mollari? Huh? Blow up the island?"
            Londo - "Actually, now that you mention it..."
            Morden - "NOOO!!!!"

--Into the Fire
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Morden - "NOOO!!!!"

--Into the Fire
              Followed by the look of helplessness on Morden's face as he realizes he's no longer protected. One of the best moments in the series!
              sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Morden - "NOOO!!!!"

--Into the Fire
                Londo had the biggest grin on his face when he looked at Morden after Selini blew up. It was great to finally see him free of Morden and the Shadows—if only for a little while.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately for Londo, the Drakh never forgot and made him pay for getting rid of their masters.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

"I love you."
                    "I forgive you."
                    --the Love Bat; The River of Souls

"I'm an idiot."
                    "I'm a loser."
                    "No one likes me."
                    "My mommy dresses me funny."
                    --the modified Love Bat
                    sigpic

My Books:

Comment

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
                      -- Kosh to Talia Winters in Babylon 5:"Deathwalker"

"You know the way of command. Yes, the Windswords are right to fear you."
                      "What do you know about Windswords?"
                      "They've sheltered me for many years, in return for certain services. They speak of you often, Sinclair. They say you have a hole in your mind."
                      -- Jha'dur [Deathwalker] and Sinclair in Babylon 5:"Deathwalker"
                      sigpic

Comment

From The Legend of the Rangers:

"We live for the one, we die for the one. But, we do not die stupidly."
                        --David

"Today is a good day to die."
                        "With you, any day is a good day to die."
                        --Sarah and David

"My mother created it. It means 'don't touch me, I'm not having another child after this one'."
                        --Tirk, on his name.
                        sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Mollari: Lyta Alexander! As I live and breathe...
                          Lyta: I suggest you remove your hand, Ambassador, or you won't be doing either for very long.
                          sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                          - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                            From The Legend of the Rangers:

"Today is a good day to die."
                            "With you, any day is a good day to die."
                            --Sarah and David
                            Sounds like Worf on a bad day!
                            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like Worf on a bad day!
                              sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                              - R.E.M.

Comment

Pretty much any episode has candidates for a fave quote, but this is one of my faves:

"Babylon 5: Ship of Tears (#3.14)" (1996)
                                Delenn: [after explaining to G'Kar that she knew of the Shadows' alliance with the Centauri and and told him nothing] You have come a long way, G'Kar... further than I could have guessed. Sheridan's promise binds me as well as it does him. We will take you into the Council, G'kar. And some day, when all of this is over, perhaps you will find it in your heart to forgive me.
                                G'Kar: Perhaps... but not today.

regards,
                                G.
                                Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                                X