Your Favorite Babylon 5 Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5 Season 1 (season title: Signs and Portents) opening monologue

Commander Sinclair: It was the dawn of the third age of mankind – ten years after the Earth-Minbari War. The Babylon Project was a dream, given form. Its goal: to prevent another war, by creating a place where humans and aliens can work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call – home away from home – for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens, wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal… all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5.
    sigpic

Comment

Mollari: Indisposed? She's in a cocoon!
      sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
      - R.E.M.

Comment

Babylon 5 Season 2 (season title: The Coming of Shadows) opening monologue

Captain Sheridan: The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind… the year the Great War came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259. The name of the place is Babylon 5.
        sigpic

Comment

202 Revelations

G'Kar: Weep for the future, Na'Toth. Weep for us all.
          Na'Toth: Are you all right?
          G'Kar: I have looked into the Darkness, Na'Toth. You cannot do that and ever be quite the same again.
          Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 16 September 2010, 03:20 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Here's one that has stayed with me for a long time...

EarthForce Guard: "I don't watch television. It's a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite."

I just love how completely out of left field that line comes!
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
              Here's one that has stayed with me for a long time...

EarthForce Guard: "I don't watch television. It's a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite."

I just love how completely out of left field that line comes!
              What episode was that in? I must have missed it.

Comment

It's when Garibaldi, Franklin and Lyta go to rescue Sheridan from Clark's people. Season 4. I think the episode is called Between the Darkness and the Light. Not sure about that tho.
                sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

War Without End, Part Two

Sheridan: From what Londo said, I take it we won the war. But not completely.
                  Delenn: The war is never completely won. There are always new battles to be fought against the darkness. Only the names change.

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                  It's when Garibaldi, Franklin and Lyta go to rescue Sheridan from Clark's people. Season 4. I think the episode is called Between the Darkness and the Light. Not sure about that tho.
                  Yepper. That's the one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                    Yepper. That's the one.
                    Turns out I have a pretty good memory... (or, I saw B5 waaaaay to many times)
                    sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

War Without End, Part One

Ivanova: I'll be in the car.

Turns out I have a pretty good memory... (or, I saw B5 waaaaay to many times)
                      Oh I've seen each B5 episode at least 3 times. There's no such thing as too many times.
                      sigpic

Comment

First ones: Zog!

Ivanova: Zog? what do you mean zog? Zog what? Zog yes? Zog no?

And a little later, when they realize zog means no -

Marcus: Maybe I'll put a bucket on my head and pretend to be the ancient Vorlon god Boogie...

Ivanova: That's it!

Marcus: Fine, I'll go get a bucket.

Oh I've seen each B5 episode at least 3 times.
                        Yeah, me too. Probably even more.

There's no such thing as too many times.

Oh well, I guess you're right
                        sigpic

- R.E.M.

Comment

First ones: Zog!

Ivanova: Zog? what do you mean zog? Zog what? Zog yes? Zog no?
                          And from the same scene...

Marcus: "Maybe the Vorlons owe them money or something..."
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

And even more from the same scene...

Marcus: And how do you propose stopping them? A big red and white sign with the word stop on it?

I admit that I've used a variation of this line at work when I have to do traffic control and some foolish driver forgets that there's a stop sign right in front of them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Babylon 5 season 3 (season title: Point of No Return) opening monologue:

Ivanova: The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace. It failed. But in the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater: Our last, best hope...for victory. The year is 2260. The place, Babylon 5.
                              sigpic

Comment

Babylon 5 season 4 (season title: No Surrender, No Retreat) opening monologue:

Lennier: It was the year of fire...
                                Zack Allan: the year of destruction...
                                G'Kar: the year we took back what was ours...
                                Lyta Alexander: It was the year of rebirth...
                                Vir Cotto: the year of great sadness...
                                Marcus Cole: the year of pain...
                                Delenn: and the year of joy.
                                Londo Mollari: It was a new age.
                                Stephen Franklin: It was the end of history.
                                Susan Ivanova: It was the year everything changed.
                                Michael Garibaldi: The year is 2261.
                                John Sheridan: The place: Babylon 5.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X