No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 - The Complete First Time Watch (Spoilers) First watch/Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else thought that the last episode of Season 4 was really depressing? to watch humanity come so far and then fall so low in the space of a 1000 years was saddening to watch.
    You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Bob View Post
      Who else thought that the last episode of Season 4 was really depressing? to watch humanity come so far and then fall so low in the space of a 1000 years was saddening to watch.
      The Deconstruction of Falling Stars is actually one of my favorites.
      Spoiler:
      Yeah humanity falls very low. But look at where we end up: As mighty as the Vorlons, inheriting their homeworld as our New Earth and guiding the younger races. I think the lesson in that episode is to show where we end up going after taking a big fall. I can speak from experience on this: It's not about how far you fall. With time, effort, and faith, your greatest defeat can be transformed into your greatest victory.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        Spoiler:
        Bleh, they got rid of Sinclair and put in new ridiculously good looking guy. Eh will see what comes of it. I liked Sinclair.
        hah- I said the same thing! Although, I have no beef about the good-looking thing, it's the lightweight attitude I had a problem with. Malibu Ken, LOL.

But that does change, as COld Fuzz pointed out. You will find out more about what he did at the Battle of the Line, too, which starts to plant the seeds that he's not just a pretty boy.

Season 4
        Spoiler:
        The conspiracies and deception back on earth are astounding, going to be quite interesting, I'm sure. I like the way this story arc hasn't been totally political, which could be dry. So far, we've got murder, frozen telepaths, a "last stand" at B5 and a war on Mars. That keeps it from being entirely a cerebral exercise in dirty politics and repressive ideologies.

I do wish Delenn would spend less time fawning over Sheridan, though. Too much public display of affection (and not enough private display!). Hopefully the Delenn who took on the Grey Council is still in there somewhere. I do love her soliloquies.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
          hah- I said the same thing! Although, I have no beef about the good-looking thing, it's the lightweight attitude I had a problem with. Malibu Ken, LOL.

But that does change, as COld Fuzz pointed out. You will find out more about what he did at the Battle of the Line, too, which starts to plant the seeds that he's not just a pretty boy.

Season 4
          Spoiler:
          The conspiracies and deception back on earth are astounding, going to be quite interesting, I'm sure. I like the way this story arc hasn't been totally political, which could be dry. So far, we've got murder, frozen telepaths, a "last stand" at B5 and a war on Mars. That keeps it from being entirely a cerebral exercise in dirty politics and repressive ideologies.

I do wish Delenn would spend less time fawning over Sheridan, though. Too much public display of affection (and not enough private display!). Hopefully the Delenn who took on the Grey Council is still in there somewhere. I do love her soliloquies.
          Delenn spoilers:
          Spoiler:
          I think you'll be pleasantly pleased to find out that Delenn is nobody to be messed with
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Season 2 up to Gropos

Spoiler:
            Wow, Londo's kinda evil, power hungry evil maniac. Always thought G'Kar was more aggressive, felt bad for him when Londo guided led to the countless murders of G'Kar's people. That G'Kar space battle was fantastic. So heroic when the pilot hurled his vehicle at the enemy ship.

Wow, Sheridan got gray hair in like one episode. That's crazy, was that a plot to give him age, wisdom, and take away some of his good looks? Sinclair's message was awesome, the rangers. So freaking cool. Finally that cycorps lady realizes her organization's evil machinations. Talia flinging that penny was fantastic, and can't believe pennies are still used in the 2200's, lol. Can't wait to see her growing powers.

LOL, Garibaldi, that lady totally comes onto him and he doesn't realize it. Then he offers to give her a tour and she goes you can show me where to get dinner and your room. Subtle.

Whoa, heavy stuff with the onset of the war. I'm surprised the other diplomats haven't imposed some form of trade sanctions on Londo's people because of their blatant aggression. Londo just goes along with it.

Sheridan's still too much of a pretty boy. LOL, Delenn has to take care of her hair and her new body. Crazy stuff. Fantastic gripping journey.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
              Delenn spoilers:
              Spoiler:
              I think you'll be pleasantly pleased to find out that Delenn is nobody to be messed with
              Away! Away with you evil spoilers!

(Good thing it was just a tiny little encouraging spoiler, since spoilers aren't hidden when they're quoted! Duh! *Slaps self up side of the head*)

Season 2 up to Gropos

Spoiler:
              Wow, Londo's kinda evil, power hungry evil maniac. Always thought G'Kar was more aggressive, felt bad for him when Londo guided led to the countless murders of G'Kar's people. That G'Kar space battle was fantastic. So heroic when the pilot hurled his vehicle at the enemy ship.

Wow, Sheridan got gray hair in like one episode. That's crazy, was that a plot to give him age, wisdom, and take away some of his good looks? Sinclair's message was awesome, the rangers. So freaking cool. Finally that cycorps lady realizes her organization's evil machinations. Talia flinging that penny was fantastic, and can't believe pennies are still used in the 2200's, lol. Can't wait to see her growing powers.

LOL, Garibaldi, that lady totally comes onto him and he doesn't realize it. Then he offers to give her a tour and she goes you can show me where to get dinner and your room. Subtle.

Whoa, heavy stuff with the onset of the war. I'm surprised the other diplomats haven't imposed some form of trade sanctions on Londo's people because of their blatant aggression. Londo just goes along with it.

Sheridan's still too much of a pretty boy. LOL, Delenn has to take care of her hair and her new body. Crazy stuff. Fantastic gripping journey.
              I actually teared up at the end of Gropos. I could just feel the loss. It was a wonderful reminder to us all that soldiers everywhere from any time, have always been willing to give it all up for the rest of us. And they used totally fictional soldiers in an imaginary future world to do it. Wow, just wow!
              Last edited by VSS; 20 May 2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Season 2 up to Gropos

Spoiler:

Re: Pennies...
                Spoiler:
                It was a collectible.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum-

just wow, no other words.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                    Away! Away with you evil spoilers!

(Good thing it was just a tiny little encouraging spoiler, since spoilers aren't hidden when they're quoted! Duh! *Slaps self up side of the head*)

I actually teared up at the end of Gropos. I could just feel the loss. It was a wonderful reminder to us all that soldiers everywhere from any time, have always been willing to give it all up for the rest of us. And they used totally fictional soldiers in an imaginary future world to do it. Wow, just wow!
                    Looking through casualty lists, and finding a name you know nestled among the dead...is an indescribable feeling.

In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum-

just wow, no other words.
                    Spoiler:
                    This episode is a MASSIVE turning point for what is coming..."The greatest nightmare of our time." Chilling indeed. That scene with Sheridan talking about Winston Churchill had a haunting solemnity that I could never forget.

My friend, the grand chessboard has been laid out, and the Light and Dark pieces are falling into place. The dreadful thing about this chess game is, there is this strange feeling that the Dark is far more powerful than anyone could have imagined.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Sheridan airlocks a teddy bear after he shuts down the gift store, just priceless.

Wow, Kosh has just gained a lot more respect, wonder if the ship is also an ancient. But it has been said only one remained, so Kosh. That ship was awesome.

Wonder if Sector 14 will be used somehow in the future.

Finally got to see the shadow, that was awesome. They look awesome.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Sheridan airlocks a teddy bear after he shuts down the gift store, just priceless.

Wow, Kosh has just gained a lot more respect, wonder if the ship is also an ancient. But it has been said only one remained, so Kosh. That ship was awesome.

Wonder if Sector 14 will be used somehow in the future.

Finally got to see the shadow, that was awesome. They look awesome.
                        Spoiler:
                        J, to clarify, Kosh is not the only one left of the First Ones. The First Ones are a group of elder races that are immensely older than the youngest races. The Vorlons, according to Delenn's monologue, are the last of the remaining First Ones--standing alone, watching and waiting for the Shadows' return.

The Minbari, the Soul Hunters, the Streib, and several other races you'll encounter in the future (particularly one called the Drakh), are classified as "Middle Children" by B5's creator. They came after the First Ones but before the youngest races, like Humans and Narns.

The Shadows are the oldest and arguably the most powerful of the First Ones. The fact that Delenn claims that it took the combined power of the other First Ones to keep the Shadows at bay hints at the true extent of their power.

In case you haven't seen the B5 social group, I posted a bunch of pictures there. Here's some eye candy for you.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Ahh, ok thanks for the clarification. Such a great pic. I mean it's such a tease, but oh so good.

That's awesome, such a freaking complex story and history.

I'll have to find that group. That's awesome.

They have lots of good graphics, despite nonrealism. You can dismiss it because of the sense of wonder it brings with it. Some of the colony and kingdom pics are fantastic.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Ahh, ok thanks for the clarification. Such a great pic. I mean it's such a tease, but oh so good.

That's awesome, such a freaking complex story and history.

I'll have to find that group. That's awesome.

They have lots of good graphics, despite nonrealism. You can dismiss it because of the sense of wonder it brings with it. Some of the colony and kingdom pics are fantastic.
                            I'm glad you're enjoying B5. The truly best of season 2 is coming up for you. There are some shocking revelations, monumental military and political developments, and some powerful character moments.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              For some reason, I keep thinking they're all experiencing a massive group hallucination or dream like state or something.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Realised that I was watching Delenn in Lost O_O

Reached Ship of Tears and it's still going nice and strong Looking forward to the next one!

Comment

Working...
                                X