• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
    LOL telepathic Fabio, that's good.

Day of the Dead episode
    Spoiler:
    That whole episode pushed my boundaries of logical believability. How people came from their past. Extremely weird, but as Sheridan or Delenn said, guess some things are better left as a mystery.
    Spoiler:
    Day of the Dead was actually an episode I liked overall, despite some of its problems. I could have done without Rebo and Zooty. However, the various characters being reunited with various people was awesome. Garibaldi meeting up with Dodger again after 3 years was real nice, especially after the Battle of Ma'tok. Lennier and Morden was creepy as hell. I think you can kind of see what's coming with him. One of the best moments of that episode was, "When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning." Some very good foreshadowing of what's coming for Sheridan. Lochley and Zoe came off as pretty believable to me, despite what caused everything in the first place. I wonder though just what the Brakiri have got that could cause something like what happened on B5. Who knows, since Neil Gaiman, not JMS, wrote Day of the Dead.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Spoiler:
      Rebo and Zooty were mostly up-played by an insisted status. They were ok. But yeah, some of those dead that came back were surprising. Totally forgot about the ending. That made up for some of the things I didn't like about the episode. That line and from Kosh! That was hauntingly foreboding. Oh yeah, Morden, forgot. That was awesome and creepy. Wow, you're right. That was like a great setup episode of things to come. Neil Gaiman wrote that? Wow. His books are always off the walls. I like some of his books, the ones I've read so far.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Spoiler:
        Rebo and Zooty were mostly up-played by an insisted status. They were ok. But yeah, some of those dead that came back were surprising. Totally forgot about the ending. That made up for some of the things I didn't like about the episode. That line and from Kosh! That was hauntingly foreboding. Oh yeah, Morden, forgot. That was awesome and creepy. Wow, you're right. That was like a great setup episode of things to come. Neil Gaiman wrote that? Wow. His books are always off the walls. I like some of his books, the ones I've read so far.
        Spoiler:
        Yeah, starting with Day of the Dead, season 5 starts taking on a more subversive role--darker. I think you can already sense that the honeymoon from winning the Shadow War and resolving the Earth and Minbari civil wars has worn off. The big, wonderful Interstellar Alliance is finding itself starting to fray at the edges. That's exactly what certain...elements at work in the galaxy want. God knows the Psi Corps hates the Alliance...and who else would hate them too?

It all hearkens back to what Delenn said back in season three with War Without End, Part 2: "The war is never completely won. There are always new battles to be fought against the Darkness. Only the names change." I personally know what that feels like--all too well.

But with the Alliance, we know that they're going to survive all this. It's a matter of the details--how. We've seen what they will be in Deconstruction. Here in season 5, we get a big glimpse of how that survival comes about.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Spoiler:
          Yeah, starting with Day of the Dead, season 5 starts taking on a more subversive role--darker. I think you can already sense that the honeymoon from winning the Shadow War and resolving the Earth and Minbari civil wars has worn off. The big, wonderful Interstellar Alliance is finding itself starting to fray at the edges. That's exactly what certain...elements at work in the galaxy want. God knows the Psi Corps hates the Alliance...and who else would hate them too?

It all hearkens back to what Delenn said back in season three with War Without End, Part 2: "The war is never completely won. There are always new battles to be fought against the Darkness. Only the names change." I personally know what that feels like--all too well.

But with the Alliance, we know that they're going to survive all this. It's a matter of the details--how. We've seen what they will be in Deconstruction. Here in season 5, we get a big glimpse of how that survival comes about.
          Spoiler:
          Bit sudden how things are resolved. But it's damn good entertainment regardless. Didn't like how fast Londo and G'Kar made up sort of. Yea, there was an attack on B5, who attacked them? I missed it. Raiders? But now these new attacks where the supplies are left. Hmm, the Drakh are back.

lol, Leneer's already a ranger. He has the skillset, just needs the communication skill with underground people and the proper procedures of ranger work. It was awesome to see Morden again, even though he's evil and all. He was a great character.

Have to ask. Does Earth have some Shadow technology cause of those Shadow Elite ships that Ivanova fought? Or were they cannibalized Shadow ship incorporated into Earth ships? Wonder if there are more Shadow ships buried somewhere.

Ahh, good quote from Delenn. I hope Garibaldi doesn't die. Cause of that one small scene from Deconstruction.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZYyA...eature=channel

John!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
              I heard there might be a remake of the Tron movie. I wonder if Bruce Boxleitner might be involved with it. That would be great if that were the case.
              sigpic

Comment

Phoenix Rising
                Spoiler:
                Sorry for harsh words, all my opinion...
                That was sooooo stupid. Things got ridiculously out of control. Lochley calls Bester. Then she wants him gone. Why'd you call him in the first place?! What the hell. Why couldn't he just give them their colony? What was the downsides of that? Ridiculous. They would have been out of the way. Everything snowballed ridiculously. I really disliked the two episodes despite the great character moments.

Don't understand why Garibaldi didn't offer to help them off Bester if they got rid of his mental blocks somehow. Or just send images into his head that showed Bester as some other psycorp person so that Garibaldi could still kill the person.

Things just escalated downwards so badly. And then the suicide thing was pretty ridiculous. Wouldn't you want the other side to kill you instead for martyrdom and not kill yourself? It just escalated to this overblown ridiculous situation to me. I didn't like it. Lochley shouldn't have done some of the things she has done. Surprised that none of the other members of the alliance didn't send in their telepaths to help contain the situation.

I did like the whole Londo and G'Kar thing though. Poor Na'toth. All those years. I always hoped G'Kar grew to have some kind of relationship with her somewhere down the line. Just the journey would have been interesting and add to some sexual tension. Glad they got her out.

The whole new enemy thing was so damn intriguing. Can't wait to see what comes of it. They don't look like Drakh. They have the goathead, devil thing going on. Can't wait to see what comes of it. They also have crazy psychic powers from that one guy that reversed the knife that came at Londo, was awesome.

Comment

I just end rewatch season 1.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I just rewatched the whole Babylon 5 for the third time. I think I always cry a little more in the end than with the previous watching. I think that only M*A*S*H ending is similar to this. It is sad and with the hint that these people will never see each other again and even with "the new beginning" Ivanova mentions, it is so sad with the explosion of B5 and with all the ships waiting there giving their respect. And also with the fact that Delenn and Sheridan had so few time together, while they would deserve so much more.
                    One of the things I "hate" most about this show is that even when I literally cried throught the last three episodes, I just want to sit and watch it all again.

P.S. I have to admit I skipped the Byron/telepats stories this time, because it was boring and Byron was a very annoying character.
                    Last edited by Klenotka; 20 June 2010, 12:20 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Phoenix Rising
                      Spoiler:
                      Sorry for harsh words, all my opinion...
                      That was sooooo stupid. Things got ridiculously out of control. Lochley calls Bester. Then she wants him gone. Why'd you call him in the first place?! What the hell. Why couldn't he just give them their colony? What was the downsides of that? Ridiculous. They would have been out of the way. Everything snowballed ridiculously. I really disliked the two episodes despite the great character moments.

Don't understand why Garibaldi didn't offer to help them off Bester if they got rid of his mental blocks somehow. Or just send images into his head that showed Bester as some other psycorp person so that Garibaldi could still kill the person.

Things just escalated downwards so badly. And then the suicide thing was pretty ridiculous. Wouldn't you want the other side to kill you instead for martyrdom and not kill yourself? It just escalated to this overblown ridiculous situation to me. I didn't like it. Lochley shouldn't have done some of the things she has done. Surprised that none of the other members of the alliance didn't send in their telepaths to help contain the situation.

I did like the whole Londo and G'Kar thing though. Poor Na'toth. All those years. I always hoped G'Kar grew to have some kind of relationship with her somewhere down the line. Just the journey would have been interesting and add to some sexual tension. Glad they got her out.

The whole new enemy thing was so damn intriguing. Can't wait to see what comes of it. They don't look like Drakh. They have the goathead, devil thing going on. Can't wait to see what comes of it. They also have crazy psychic powers from that one guy that reversed the knife that came at Londo, was awesome.
                      Actually have free time to post for a change.

Spoiler:
                      The Byron/telepath storyline for season 5 is the most personally unsatisfying one for me. There was so much potential there but it was too drawn out and suffered from something that JMS couldn't really do anything about: Having an unlikeable protagonist--unlikeable for us, that is.

I think that most people are supposed to dislike Byron. I can kind of see his angle of things but the actor playing him makes him such a snotball in my opinion that he marginalizes the entire storyline. You can't feel sympathy for a group of people if their leader doesn't display likability. His "charisma" is annoying at times that I sometimes find myself liking it when I seem him beat up.

Then there's Bester. *sigh* Well J, the only thing I can say about him is I kind of understand his mindset too. Psi Cops, even real cops, having trouble letting go of things, especially their sense of order. Letting the rogues have their own telepath colony would have been a major infraction of Psi Corps's sovereignty. The Corps has control over all human telepaths. That is virtual fact to people like Bester. Anything to tarnish that would undermine the image of the Corps' power and Bester won't have it.

The other Alliance telepaths could have been called in to police the situation but since the perpetrators of the unauthorized scans were humans, it technically falls under Psi Corps jurisdiction. An interesting more real-world angle would be if Byron's people petitioned the Minbari for sanctuary. However, JMS wanted Byron's story to end in blood and fire.

Na'Toth has been through a lot. Despite that, G'Kar is destined to be paired up with...someone else. You'll see who not too long from now.

As for the Drakh...there's an interesting explanation that's not openly stated in the series. JMS says there are 2 castes of Drakh, an Upper and Lower. The Uppers are capable of speech, as well as spawning the Keepers that parasitize other life forms. The Lowers are incapable of speech. However, some are capable of limited telepathy and telekinesis, as we have seen. The Lowers are the primary footsoldiers for the Drakh and usually end up being the ones to pilot their fighters and lower-level craft. The Uppers, of course, command the lowers.
                      Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 21 June 2010, 06:12 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

So I finally got Season 5 on DVD....and the sudden drop in quality is quite jarring, I'm not sure I can get myself to watch it through
                        You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

Will respond to your reply bit later when I've watched a bit more Fuzz.

Dakota, it gets better after Byron thing concludes. Just soldier on through it with the Londo/G'Kar parts.

Comment

I'm also having a bit of trouble with season 5. WHile I understand that there were budget cuts, it seems that the telepath story line at this point is draining the life out of the series, not the lack of action. Also, does it strike anyone else as a bit odd how Delenn and Sheridan
                            Spoiler:
                            are this happily married couple? It seems like bad fanfic. I'd have thought there'd be a little more conflict going on there just because she's an alien. Limiting their difficulties to nothing more than John's reaction to the myriad of Minbari ceremonies for this and that part of the relationship seems superficial- they have to have more issues than just that. I did, however, like the the Lennier bit of it- that's more of the complicated kind of relationship I would expect them to write. Oh, well, I'm such a die-hard O'Neill/Carter shipper I guess I've just come to love angst!

I also totally agree with jmoz about Dr. Franklin's reaction to the Hyach. That seemed out of character to me, it's not even rational and certainly not what I'd expect from a person as compassionate as he is. These Hyach aren't guilty of anything, they're just ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              are this happily married couple? It seems like bad fanfic. I'd have thought there'd be a little more conflict going on there just because she's an alien. Limiting their difficulties to nothing more than John's reaction to the myriad of Minbari ceremonies for this and that part of the relationship seems superficial- they have to have more issues than just that. I did, however, like the the Lennier bit of it- that's more of the complicated kind of relationship I would expect them to write. Oh, well, I'm such a die-hard O'Neill/Carter shipper I guess I've just come to love angst!
                              Have to agree.

Spoiler:
                              Seems she mostly wants him to become Minbari. I have yet to see Delenn participate in some Earth cultural thing. It's too smooth. Think there could have been a little more struggle and clash of culture there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Bob View Post
                                So I finally got Season 5 on DVD....and the sudden drop in quality is quite jarring, I'm not sure I can get myself to watch it through
                                It gets better after the telepath storyline. There are good episodes in S5, the few episodes with telepaths are probably the weakest. I personally skipped them when I watched B5 again.
                                The only two important things you will get to know from that storyline is that
                                Spoiler:
                                Vorlons artificially created telepaths for their war with Shadows and that Lyta is really strong but there wasn´t enough time to develop it.

And the last few episodes are so great and depressing at the same time that I have seen only few shows ending like that.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X