What's this show like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
    It isn't everyone's cup of tea though. I watched all 5 seasons through my local library and will never watch it again.
    *starts sharpening sticks*

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Watch B5 you can see some of the Ideas from B5 are taken into BSG and SG1/SG:A
      Favorite Characters:
      Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
      Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
      SG1: Jack O'Neill
      SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
      Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

Such as?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Such as?
          Such as Awesomeness.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            *starts sharpening sticks*

Well if I were a Vampire...
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Such as Awesomeness.
              It's a shame that idea didn't make it to SG:A.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                It's a shame that idea didn't make it to SG:A.
                Indeed =/
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
                  I am thinking about giving this show a go. I have watch Stargate for as long as i can remember, done BSG tried Farscape and didnt like it, loved firefly. So what is B5 like is it worth getting into?

Any infor would be great.

Thanks RL
                  Awhile ago I came to this site asking pretty much the same question. I had watched the first few episodes and wasn't crazy about it. The people here told me to stick with it and I wouldn't regret it. I am so glad they gave me that advice. I just finished the series finally and it is an incredible show. At first the costumes and aliens seem a bit cheesey, but it's not about the special effects. This shows strengths are the characters and the writing. You get so close to the characters. I absolutely loved them. And the writing is fantastic, it keeps you on the edge of your seat. There's a great deal of action, but also well thought out politics and character interaction. I can't recommend this show enough. You'll really be missing out if you don't watch it.
                  sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                    Awhile ago I came to this site asking pretty much the same question. I had watched the first few episodes and wasn't crazy about it. The people here told me to stick with it and I wouldn't regret it. I am so glad they gave me that advice. I just finished the series finally and it is an incredible show. At first the costumes and aliens seem a bit cheesey, but it's not about the special effects. This shows strengths are the characters and the writing. You get so close to the characters. I absolutely loved them. And the writing is fantastic, it keeps you on the edge of your seat. There's a great deal of action, but also well thought out politics and character interaction. I can't recommend this show enough. You'll really be missing out if you don't watch it.
                    That's great you stuck around for Babylon 5. When I first started on season 1, I was sure about the show's quality. But as certain mysteries were setup, especially about what Vorlons look like and who the Shadows are, the show really grew on me. By the time I got to "Deathwalker" I was pretty hooked. When Sheridan came onboard, I liked the show even more!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      That's great you stuck around for Babylon 5. When I first started on season 1, I was sure about the show's quality. But as certain mysteries were setup, especially about what Vorlons look like and who the Shadows are, the show really grew on me. By the time I got to "Deathwalker" I was pretty hooked. When Sheridan came onboard, I liked the show even more!
                      I think that's about where I started getting hooked as well. When I watched the first few episodes I didn't like Sinclair. By the end of season 1 I liked him and was a little sad to see him go. But then I really enjoyed Sheridan and thought he had great chemistry with the cast. I've since wondered if the actor who played Sinclair decided to go or they got rid of him. I never liked Talia either, and was amazed at how quickly she was ousted. She hadn't been on many shows and suddenly she was the sleeper agent and was gone!
                      sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                        I think that's about where I started getting hooked as well. When I watched the first few episodes I didn't like Sinclair. By the end of season 1 I liked him and was a little sad to see him go. But then I really enjoyed Sheridan and thought he had great chemistry with the cast. I've since wondered if the actor who played Sinclair decided to go or they got rid of him. I never liked Talia either, and was amazed at how quickly she was ousted. She hadn't been on many shows and suddenly she was the sleeper agent and was gone!
                        Agreed. I didn't like Sinclair much at all at first, but by Chrysalis I quite liked him. Took me a while to like Sheridan too, but ultimately I really liked his character.

As for Sinclair leaving, I think Michael O'Hare decided to go back to stage work, though there was no ill-feeling towards this decision - something of an amicable separation, if you will. I'm pretty glad they got rid of Talia...the character did nothing for me at all.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I never liked Talia much either, but it was fun to watch Garibaldi trying to hit on her. Mainly because Thompson and Doyle were married at one time, although I'm not sure whether they were when those episodes were shot.

Whatever the disagreements between O'Hare and the producers, I'm just glad that everyone saw sense and brought him back to complete his story arc.
                          sigpic

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their input as I have been looking for a new series having been so far disappointed with most current offerings. I plan on ordering the complete series and movies very shortly.
                            Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
                              I am thinking about giving this show a go. I have watch Stargate for as long as i can remember, done BSG tried Farscape and didnt like it, loved firefly. So what is B5 like is it worth getting into?

Any infor would be great.

Thanks RL

I understand. Farscape was like a cartoon.
                              I tooned in only if I wake and because it was sci fi but it was nothing special.

Babylon 5 was great.
                              Season one was not fast paced. but okay.
                              Season 2-4 were great storing telling like I've never seen in a series before.

and just do youself a favor and skip season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                                I understand. Farscape was like a cartoon.
                                I tooned in only if I wake and because it was sci fi but it was nothing special.
                                I can entirely understand that Farscape holds no appeal to a lot of people, I expect it's an acquired taste. Personally, I thought it was absolutely amazing entertainment, and surprisingly original and intelligent. But each to their own, of course.

Babylon 5 was great.
                                Season one was not fast paced. but okay.
                                Season 2-4 were great storing telling like I've never seen in a series before.

and just do youself a favor and skip season 5.
                                I kinda agree with you. Well, maybe you shouldn't skip it per se (then again...maybe you should), but at least accept the series proper ended when season 4 did, and season 5 is a weaker continuation. Still some good stuff in there (the final ep, for example...which of course was filmed as part of s4), you just have to dig around a bit. Or more than a bit.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X