Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Intersections in Real Time"
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Hunter, Prey
      There All the Honor Lies
      And Now for a Word
      In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum
      Knives
      Confessions and Lamentations
      Divided Loyalties
      The Long, Twilight Struggle
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

"Ruling from the Tomb"
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Comes the Inquiisitor
          The Fall of Night
          Matters of Honor
          Convictions
          A Day in the Strife
          Passing through Gethsemane
          Voices of Authority
          Dust to Dust
          Exogenesis
          Messages from Earth
          Point of no Return
          Severed Dreams
          sigpic

Comment

110 The Memory of War
            111 The Needs of Earth
            112 Visitors from Down the Street
            113 Each Night I Dream of Home
            Movie: The Lost Tales
            522 Sleeping in Light

I've had ongoing health issues for a long while now which is why my time on the forums has been sporadic at best. Hopefully the end to those health issues is coming sometime in the middle of next month. B5 and Crusade have done much to lift my spirits with all these health issues. After about 7 weeks, my big re-watch is finished at last. I started right near the end of August and finished the whole thing today. The ending was, of course, bittersweet—the way it would be for any Babylonian.

Around the 18th or 19th, I'll be posting a number of new threads about certain loose ends in the B5 timeline.
            Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 13 October 2010, 09:17 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              The ending was, of course, bittersweet—the way it would be for any Babylonian.
              I'm reaching the end tomorrow, and I'm in total agreement.

As for today, I watched "The Rules of the Game".
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                I'm reaching the end tomorrow, and I'm in total agreement.

As for today, I watched "The Rules of the Game".
                I not ashamed to say that there were a few tears when I got to Sleeping in Light earlier tonight. I hadn't watched it in literally years and it still gets to me, especially when it's preceded by the weight of everything that's come before it.

It's interesting to note that there were a few unexpected tears in several B5 and Crusade episodes that never elicited any emotion from me before, namely episodes like The Needs of Earth and The Lost Tales.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  I not ashamed to say that there were a few tears when I got to Sleeping in Light earlier tonight. I hadn't watched it in literally years and it still gets to me, especially when it's preceded by the weight of everything that's come before it.

It's interesting to note that there were a few unexpected tears in several B5 and Crusade episodes that never elicited any emotion from me before, namely episodes like The Needs of Earth and The Lost Tales.
                  I cry the most during "Sleeping in Light". It is impossible for me to see the wonderful last ten minutes (especially the station exploding) without becoming an emotional wreck. Everything about that sequence is absolutely perfect, and simply beautiful.

I probably get a bit teary-eyed during "Rising Star" when Ivanova laments to Franklin about Marcus. There is a very different kind of tear during Sheridan's rage in "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder"; it's that the moment is so intense that I become sensitive to it in some way... I guess it's like I've come to know Sheridan and am invested in him and to see him so completely berserk hits a nerve.

That's similar to a single tear that always comes to my eye during SG-1's "Unending" when Mitchell is destroying his room. It's a tear of sensitivity to what a character is going through, I guess.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    I cry the most during "Sleeping in Light". It is impossible for me to see the wonderful last ten minutes (especially the station exploding) without becoming an emotional wreck. Everything about that sequence is absolutely perfect, and simply beautiful.

I probably get a bit teary-eyed during "Rising Star" when Ivanova laments to Franklin about Marcus. There is a very different kind of tear during Sheridan's rage in "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder"; it's that the moment is so intense that I become sensitive to it in some way... I guess it's like I've come to know Sheridan and am invested in him and to see him so completely berserk hits a nerve.

That's similar to a single tear that always comes to my eye during "Unending" when Mitchell is destroying his room. It's a tear of sensitivity to the events, I guess.
                    That dialogue between Ivanova and Franklin in Rising Star has always been really tough for me to watch ever since it first aired. At first, it was just the sheer shock of what happened. Marcus was one of my favorite characters and to see that twist at the end of Endgame, knowing what would be the result...

In this re-watch though, the tears were because it was knowing that Ivanova and Marcus exit the B5 stage for the rest of the canonical timeline, with the exception of Ivanova in Sleeping in Light. That and knowing the terrible price the civil war exacted on Ivanova emotionally.

There were other episodes in this re-watch that elicited similar responses though at the moment I'm kind of hard-pressed to remember exactly what they are given the late hour.
                    sigpic

Comment

Interludes and Examinations
                      War Without End (Part 1)
                      War Without End (Part 2)
                      Walkabout
                      Grey 17 Is Missing
                      sigpic

Comment

"Appearances and Other Deceits"
                        sigpic

Comment

And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place
                          Shadow Dancing
                          Z'ha'dum
                          sigpic

Comment

"The Lost Tales"

That title sequence is simply outstanding, perfectly complemented by one of the great G'Kar monologues, from "Objects in Motion".

The first story also contains one of my favorite lines in all of B5, and that's when Father Cassidy says how the Humans penetrated Heaven and found no angels, no choir eternal, "not even a delinquent seraphim left behind by the general evacuation."
                            sigpic

Comment

Ceremonies of Light and Dark
                              Sic Transit Vir
                              A Late Delivery from Avalon
                              Ship of Tears
                              Interludes and Examinations
                              War Without End Part 1
                              War Without End Part 2
                              Walkabout
                              Grey 17 is Missing
                              And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                Ceremonies of Light and Dark
                                A scene that made me want to stand up and cheer was when Sheridan went after the Sniper. Ah, and the utterly chilling "The hip bone's collected to the leg bone..." sticks out in my memory as well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X