• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day of the Dead and Learning Curve
    sigpic

Comment

Voices of Authority

Comment

At the moment, I'm watching the gag reels on the B5 DVDs.
        sigpic

Comment

Watching In the Beginning.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
            At the moment, I'm watching the gag reels on the B5 DVDs.
            Heh. I love the one from season 4 of the scene where Sheridan confronts Garibaldi about talking to that reporter or whoever, and Boxleitner goes "It wouldn't be so bad if I at least understood... the scene!"

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
              Heh. I love the one from season 4 of the scene where Sheridan confronts Garibaldi about talking to that reporter or whoever, and Boxleitner goes "It wouldn't be so bad if I at least understood... the scene!"
              There's one for season 3 that had me just howling in laughter the first time I saw it: Sheridan and Ivanova great Ulkesh in the docking area. Boxleitner kept botching up his lines. Jeffrey Willerth (Ulkesh) shakes his head after repeated takes. Boxleitner just laughs and says, "I have not had a drink, I swear to God!"
              sigpic

Comment

In the Beginning (re-watched it before Labor Day weekend)
                The Gathering (Labor Day weekend)
                Midnight on the Firing Line
                Soul Hunter
                Born to the Purple (earlier today)
                Infection (about to start right now )
                sigpic

Comment

Doing a B5 rewatch are we?

I'd green you if I could
                  sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                  - R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_Deal View Post
                    Doing a B5 rewatch are we?

I'd green you if I could
                    Yepper. I recently purchased the Crusade DVD set. I'd been meaning to get it for a long time but it continually took the backseat because of real-life matters. Now I'm going to watch the whole B5-verse from beginning to end with Crusade along for the ride.

In addition to that, certain events in my work life and personal life made me want to watch B5 again from the beginning. I'm really glad I'm watching again since it's been several years since I've done a re-watch. So far, I've discovered my perspectives have changed a bit, particularly when it comes to how the characters interact with each other in situations where they argue.
                    sigpic

Comment

Earlier today, I finished Infection as I was too tired to finish watching Infection late last night. I'm watching Parliament of Dreams and immediately afterward, Mind War—that is, if I get off of GateWorld long enough to actually watch the episodes.
                      sigpic

Comment

I love Parliament of Dreams.

"Commander, your pants are talking to you"...
                        sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                        - R.E.M.

Comment

I'm rewatching Crusade, so "The Well of Forever" was my most recent full viewing.

I clarify "full" because yesterday I had a very strong urge to watch the last 15 minutes or so of "Comes the Inquisitor" and it was great as always.

"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than to lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for fame - for one person; in the dark, where no one will ever know or see."
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                            I'm rewatching Crusade, so "The Well of Forever" was my most recent full viewing.

I clarify "full" because yesterday I had a very strong urge to watch the last 15 minutes or so of "Comes the Inquisitor" and it was great as always.

"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than to lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for fame - for one person; in the dark, where no one will ever know or see."
                            "Comes the Inquisitor" was one of my favorites in season 2. Philosophically and dramatically intriguing material really. In the end the whole thing really wasn't about "Who are you?" but about "Who are you willing to die for and why?"

I'm actually looking forward to watching Crusade after I finish the rest of the series. I haven't watched Crusade in literally years so this DVD set'll be really nice.

I never did get around to watching Mind War last night. I spent too much time here. I'll be watching it shortly though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Today:

1.06 Mind War
                              1.07 The War Prayer
                              1.08 And the Sky Full of Stars (still watching)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                Today:

1.06 Mind War
                                1.07 The War Prayer
                                1.08 And the Sky Full of Stars (still watching)
                                "Mind War"... I just love that we see Jack the security aide behaving in a way that'll make perfect sense later. A tiny scene, designed to be caught on a rewatch and greeted with a jaw dropping to the floor.

As for "The War Prayer", that's actually my third least favorite episode of the series, but it still has plenty of good little nuggets in it.

Ah, "And the Sky Full of Stars"... That scene dramatizing Sinclair's ram of the Minbari cruiser after watching his entire squad get shot out of the sky carries so much emotional weight, for many reasons. However, the element that really pushes it over the edge is the wonderful, epic musical score by Christopher Franke. A truly golden scene.
                                sigpic
                                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                                X