No announcement yet.

So I started for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, he didn't. He always intended to make 5 seasons, but since it looked likely that he wouldn't get more than 4, the entire Shadow War arc was compressed to two seasons rather than the originally intended three. After all, Sleeping in Light was filmed as the last episode of the 4th season and Deconstruction of Falling Stars was a last-minute addition when they found out they'd get a 5th season after all. However, lots of people feel that the 5th season is an anti-climax after the 4th, even though lots of interesting things happen.
    sigpic

Comment

....which makes season 5 an afterthought, doesn't it? If all the stories he wanted to tell in 5 years were compressed into 4, then new ones had to be created and followed after the fact--making season 5 something of an afterthought. It kind of feels like it, too, but it's still enjoyable and a hell of a lot better than most things on TV.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh yeah, absolutely. And there are some interesting revelations in season 5 too, particularly about the telepaths.
        sigpic

Comment

Not so much as revelations to the audience as revelations to the telepaths themselves.

The second half of season 5 was great. The first... not so much.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yeah so far season 5 has not been all that compelling (watching ep 5 right now). It's nice to see what's continuing to go on in this universe, but it just doesn't grab me as much as the show did till the end of season 4....

I'm trying to work out the authority structure here though.... The station's captain is EarthForce under Earth authority. The station is still an independent state, pending decision how to reintegrate it into Earth jurisdiction. Zack and Franklin still wear the 'new' uniform. Who do they answer to? Earth, and they ought to be wearing EarthForce uniforms? Or the Alliance, in which case, what authority does the new captain have at all?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am getting very tired of these telepaths. They don't act like refugees at all, they act like a cult or something. I don't know if it was a budgetary thing that none of them have any lines lol, except for their creepy Fabio leader guy. I gather from the S4 finale that this ends in disaster somehow. I can only hope this Byron guy gets offed, he bugs the crap out of me.

Comment

Oh lord. I see Penn & Teller are no funnier in the 23rd century than they are in the 21st. At least this time it looks like they've showered though, so that's a plus.

Highlight of the entire episode has got to be the message from Kosh to Sheridan. "When the long night comes, return to the end of the beginning." I take it that means that when the end comes for Sheridan, he has to go to Z'ha'dum again. Or rather, where it used to be.

Comment

It looks like the telepath storyline really pissed most fans off. 'Fabio', indeed.

What did you think of the season 4 finale? The future of humanity? Us going all
                  Spoiler:
                  Vorlon?
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I think, and I think it's the point, that judging the future is beyond our scope. The best we can do is our best and what's right in the here and now, and hope that the future does the same. It was a little sad I suppose, but all things end, that's the way of things. I wonder, if we became the future incarnation of the Vorlons, who becomes the future incarnation of the Shadows?

I did find it a bit odd though, that after a million years the fastest way to get around is still hyperspace. One would think that that would be akin to still driving around in a Model T today.

Comment

Remember that, even after a million+ years, the Shadows and Vorlons still use hyperspace. The Walkers... I don't know what their swirly energy vortex does.
                      My theory on the 'future human' was that he's a human/Minbari hybrid. He looks human but he's got a bald head.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

True enough I suppose

I finished watching 'Phoenix Rising' a little while ago. Thank god, Fabio the Telepath and His Cult (sounds like a really bad band name, doesn't it?) are gone. Good riddance, you sanctimonious prat.

Hey what ever happened to the religious group hanging around the station that was so much help not too long ago?

Comment

I think they went out with Ivanova.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Exellent !!!, I liked season 5 too !!!,I also liked Lochley,I just don't think she paid her dues like the rest of our hero's did.I konw that is not her fault,And that is one of the reasons I hope some daythey do more B5 and Crusade !!!
                            sigpic
                            SOONER OR LATER,EVERYONE COMES TO BABYLON 5

Comment

I'm nearing the end of season 5 now, and I'm very happy with the direction things have gone.

At first, I'll admit, I kind of rolled my eyes at the idea of another war. But as things have progressed, I've been converted once again.

The opening of hostilities because of Garibaldi's relapse into alcoholism is really nothing short of tragic. I wonder if he'll ever open up about it to anyone, or whether it'll remain his own quiet shame. Hard to figure how he'd manage that though, since there is at least one White Star crew out there that tried to warn him...

'The Fall of Centauri Prime' is, in my opinion, perhaps the most tragic episode of the entire series. The Centauri are manipulated by outside forces into a war they didn't ask for, used (once again) by the Shadows; even if it's only an extension of the real Shadows. Their homeworld is devastated by what was, in effect, an unjustified assault. The goal of the Interstellar Alliance is shattered as one of its founding members departs. Londo finally atones for his life by sacrificing himself to the Keeper critter.

It's enough to make you want to cry.

I find it interesting though, that now we know what it is Londo can lull to sleep by having a lot to drink. I think it likely also, that Londo's death prophecy is a little different than expected as well. He will indeed be strangled by G'Kar--but as an act of mercy, rather than malice. I still wonder why Centauri Prime is burning in that future though.

Just a few episodes left

Comment

You get that feeling once you hit the midway of S5. 'It's ending! It was crap there for a while in the beginning of S5, but it's gotten so much better, now it's ending!'
                                I don't ever remembering a show dragging out my guts with each goodbye and episode towards the finale. And Londo's story is easily the most tragic of B5, and also the most heroic... though, if his people are willing to die to remove the Shadows vessels, then I'd assume they'd not mind having a few nukes blown up to get rid of the Drakh. For me, Londo should have told Sheridan, taken the losses and got the Drakh off the planet. Sure, a few million dead, but that's why you've got colonies.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X