No More Babylon 5 For Foreseeable Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I liked it. But they did it wrong. They should have put it on something that was along the same design of a whitestar only less powerful and also that weapons system was just plain stupid. The characters were generally ok though. Or at least the captain and his minbari first officer were good.
    Just gotta love:

"Was that your head? However did that happen?"
    "COME UP HERE AND I'LL SHOW YOU!"

And what about the silly monorail thing inside the shp? I kept wondering how that ran on the tracks when in some sections it looked like it should in theory hit the bracket like things holding the track up.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I liked the idea of the Telepath Wars, telepaths as biological weapons, and overthrowing Psi Corps, but the actual execution of it left me cold, even in the books. It was like everyone got hit with the a*****e stick or the dumb stick, and Byron fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. Why bother trying to ask nicely when you can just piss everyone off and make sure they'll say no? *headdesk* And Lyta really, really should have known better.
      That Byron guy...damn...wrecked half of season 5 for me personally. I don't care what JMS says or tries to save face or whatever he did regarding season 5. It should have been a huge season, instead it was just a little fart compared to 3 and 4. He knew they have a renewal for season 5 problem lurking and he decided to tie it up early so we would get our Shadow ending and taking back earth in one season alone. What he should have done was to push Shadow war out to end of season 4, starting of season 5 and then push the taking back earth deal way into season 5, with some stand alone episodes in between. It was a major disappointment for me that they did it like that. One episode and the Shadows were gone. The best evil race ever on TV. Amazing ships that scream like they came out of hell....u cant beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by DCK View Post
        That Byron guy...damn...wrecked half of season 5 for me personally. I don't care what JMS says or tries to save face or whatever he did regarding season 5. It should have been a huge season, instead it was just a little fart compared to 3 and 4. He knew they have a renewal for season 5 problem lurking and he decided to tie it up early so we would get our Shadow ending and taking back earth in one season alone. What he should have done was to push Shadow war out to end of season 4, starting of season 5 and then push the taking back earth deal way into season 5, with some stand alone episodes in between. It was a major disappointment for me that they did it like that. One episode and the Shadows were gone. The best evil race ever on TV. Amazing ships that scream like they came out of hell....u cant beat it.
        "Into the Fire" came way too soon for me; I mean, what Shadow War was there? I saw no war, I saw the Shadows killing a few refugees and here and there. That's pretty much it until the Vorlons join in and then it's a real war for what, 3 episodes? Wow.

Personally I loathed Byron. That storyline made Lyta into Byron's little puppet, and everything she did afterwards was "in his name," not because she was the real influence behind the movement (which she should have been, given her experiences). But after Byron died (YES!), Season 5 got so much better it almost hit Season 4-like awesomeness for me.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

"Into the Fire" came way too soon for me; I mean, what Shadow War was there? I saw no war, I saw the Shadows killing a few refugees and here and there. That's pretty much it until the Vorlons join in and then it's a real war for what, 3 episodes? Wow.
          Absolutely. It didn't come through in the end. They builtt up for almost 4 years and then they do a few war episodes and then that's it? JMS should have re-done the story arch a bit once he found out where this thing was heading, both on screen and public wise. A lot of people simply felt so let down after Into the fire. I wasn't more than 18-19 at the time but I was sitting there and thinking "is that it?". It could have been so much more. I mean, SG-1 did the Goa'old story to death and still kept an audience. The Shadows SHOULD have been around until the end.

Comment

Originally posted by DCK View Post
            Absolutely. It didn't come through in the end. They builtt up for almost 4 years and then they do a few war episodes and then that's it? JMS should have re-done the story arch a bit once he found out where this thing was heading, both on screen and public wise. A lot of people simply felt so let down after Into the fire. I wasn't more than 18-19 at the time but I was sitting there and thinking "is that it?". It could have been so much more. I mean, SG-1 did the Goa'old story to death and still kept an audience. The Shadows SHOULD have been around until the end.

I have to admit the great shadow war was a wimp out. Lorien turns up and as he is their long lost space daddy they all want to go home with daddy and stop their fighting, just like naughty space children.

IMVHO a massive cop out.. The other thing is that along the way they never left their houses in order told their allies they were leaving, they just up and left.....No wonder the Drakh were pissed off. I think had the Shadows told them they were leaving for the rim there might not have been the fallout that there was. Well then we wouldn't have had the keeper storyline, which I also thought was just tacked on to add some minor drama...

Flame away if you think I'm being silly here.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X