Please Tell Me It Gets Better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigR View Post
    I blindly bought B5 season 1... umm, acting is terrible, and the corny cgi doesn't help. Just watched the first episode. Story was okay, but bad acting and cheesy effects killed the experience. Do any of these aspects get any better?
    it woudln't be a scifi cult classic if it sucked during it's entire run
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've been hanging in like you but I'm going through Netflix. I'm near the end of season 1, and there does seem to be a lot of cheezyness. But everyone keeps telling me to hang on and plow through because they get their feet. And I'm already really pulled by a lot of the characters and some of the plots.

Gotta say even the second half of season one will hook you from my experience so far.
      sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
        I've been hanging in like you but I'm going through Netflix. I'm near the end of season 1, and there does seem to be a lot of cheezyness. But everyone keeps telling me to hang on and plow through because they get their feet. And I'm already really pulled by a lot of the characters and some of the plots.

Gotta say even the second half of season one will hook you from my experience so far.
        s1 is a little slow but the finale is a really cool ep and s2 is much better. also you'll see that certain eps in s1 are important for the overall arc as they're being mentioned later. I hope you have fun
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          I'd say that things really start to rachet up by #209, "The Coming of Shadows." By #216, "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum," you're waist-deep in the tidal wave that will have you tossed around and begging for more by the third season finale.

http://www.scifistream.com/babylon5/s2/index.shtml
          Comes The Inquisitor only got 3?! *passes out*

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

There is one moment that is worth watching the whole series for................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbQ-y589mx8
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

sigpic

Comment

ROFL I was laughing my arse off when I watched that one.

Comment

Originally posted by methosivanhoe View Post
                  secondly... ignore season 5
                  I actually enjoyed season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld View Post
                    I kinda sorta did too. If you (meaning people in general, not you specifically) go into season 5 having been warned about it then it isn't bad. Also you'll like it more if you look at it as a stand alone season with few connections to the rest of the series. I think the reason why so many people disliked it when it first aired is because they expected the series to just keep on rising as it had every season until season 4, and it didn't.

I consider season 4 to be the end of B5 (and if you listen to the DVD commentaries, JMS says (paraphrased) that he "thanks everyone for joining him for 4 seasons of B5... and 1 extra season too"). Season 5 is a neat little add-on with some great standalone stories if you don't view it as part of the previous story arc.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld View Post
                      Me too. I actually prefered it over season one and i rate it on par with season 3 and 4.

Comment

Me too. I actually prefered it over season one and i rate it on par with season 3 and 4.
                        really? s5 was kinda ok but definitely a let down after the amazing s4. while the plots itself were still interesting there were a few things I didn't like ie Ivanova left and the telepaths on B5 were incredibly annoying especially Byron. but that's just my opinion
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          really? s5 was kinda ok but definitely a let down after the amazing s4. while the plots itself were still interesting there were a few things I didn't like ie Ivanova left and the telepaths on B5 were incredibly annoying especially Byron. but that's just my opinion
                          I just find the whole Intersteller alliance thing really interesting. How they try and keep it all together.

Comment

I just find the whole Intersteller alliance thing really interesting. How they try and keep it all together.
                            oh so do I, especially if Garibaldi's drunk but I'd never compare s5 with s2, 3 or 4. maybe s1, maaaayybeeee.....
                            sigpic

Comment

I have to say that when I was given the chance to watch all 5 seasons of B5 I was happier then a clam...then I plugged in S1 and was like....What the.....

S1 had the worst acting from a main character that I had ever beheld and it was a real chore...REALLY to get through S1.

Then S2 came and the stars shined, the sun burst forth and just with one small casting change the show got incredibly better and I could not get through the episodes fast enough

I was glad I had trudged through S1 because that had so many character introductions and back stories so that of course made it all the better as each season progressed. So if you can get through S1 the rest is smooth enjoyable sailing
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I like the interstellar alliance too. And there's at least one horrible episode in the excellent season 4, Intersections in real time.
                                Spoiler:
                                It's just Sheridan and a torturer stuck in a room for 42 minutes.
                                Totally pointless in my opinion. And I admit I'm not a huge fan of Deconstruction of Falling Stars either.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X