New Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terrestrial_man
    While we are all getting ready for next year's release of the Lost Episodes or whatever they will finally be titled you may want to check out a few video shorts
    Here is a link:
    http://www.scifidimensions.com/May04/b5s5dvd.htm
    Near the bottom of the page is a LINKS listing.
    The vid shorts begin with Beyond Babylon 5, this one features JMS, John Copeland, Sam Netter, Pat Tallman, & Jerry Doyle! Only a couple of minutes long!!!
    The one on Marcus is

very interesting... thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
      Wow, thanks for the link. I enjoyed reading that review and the clips were excellent. That's the first time in years I have actually seen the show in motion. The CGI effects still look good to this day. I wish I could see the entire series right now.
      I am definitely with you on this subject! I had forgotten just how great the CGI was. And in reading over my writings the storyline had a lot of great episodes. It has been so long I cannot recall if I even had a favorite episode as it would have hard to really go with one. Maybe I will pull out one of the tapes-I taped as many of the episodes as I could at the time.

In finding the above link I ran across a great offer for the entire 5 DVDs set at Amazon.com for only $225.50US.
      I am really tempted!!!!

Hope to be posting one of my parody columns up later this evening. Remember the Emporium selling character dolls?

Comment

Well here is most of a column I did in CARD CONNECT for the April 1996 issue. It is focused around an event that occurred during that week's episode of B5.

Well I did dig up the episode HOUR OF THE WOLF.
        Be warned if you are viewing the episodes in sequence as the below may spoil the surprises.
        Spoiler:
        This episode begins with Captain Sheridan being trapped on Zahadun, Geribaldi trapped inside a Shadow ship, and the crew, DeLenn, Londo, G'Kar and the aliens all wondering what happened to Sheridan and if he is even alive. Ivanona is really bent out of shape. After the opening summary and credits the scene opens with Ivanona

Here is the opening scene of Ivanona

Please excuse the image quality-I shot it with a digital off of my TV! Enjoy.
        Last edited by terrestrial_man; 08 September 2006, 07:40 PM.

Comment

THE LOST TALES

2007 new series B5. JMS has already begun writing this new series of shorts that feature storylines focusing upon individual characters in the B5 universe.

Here is a link with more info!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5:_The_Lost_Tales

Comment

THE LOST TALES

2007 new series B5. JMS has already begun writing this new series of shorts that feature storylines focusing upon individual characters in the B5 universe.

Here is a link with more info!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5:_The_Lost_Tales
            thanks for the link... sounds pretty interesting, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance
              thanks for the link... sounds pretty interesting, can't wait to see how it turns out.
              Me either!!!

There is such a vast collection of characters that it seems like there would be no end to this series!!! I definitely hope that JMS goes beyond the regular characters that everyone is familiar with.

I would definitely like to see some in-depth storytelling about Lennier! And of course the villain Mordan!

Comment

Me either!!!

There is such a vast collection of characters that it seems like there would be no end to this series!!! I definitely hope that JMS goes beyond the regular characters that everyone is familiar with.

I would definitely like to see some in-depth storytelling about Lennier! And of course the villain Mordan!
                Yeah, Lennier and Mordan are both such interesting characters, really all of them are, but those two especially would be great ones to delve into the character background and there are a lot of places that those could go...

Comment

WATCH B5 FOR FREE!

If you would like to find out what all this talk is about here is a chance to watch several different episodes on your "Tooter" (your computer!!).

Watch B5 episodes at In2TV
                  Currently (01 September 2006) the episode INFECTION is running.
                  The other episodes that are available to watch free are:
                  Midnight in the Firing Lane (Season 1 Episode 1),
                  Soul Hunter (Season 1 Episode 2),
                  Born to the Purple (Season 1 Episode 3),
                  Infection (Season 1 Episode 4),
                  Grail (Season 1 Episode 15),
                  The Quality of Mercy (Season 1 Episode 21),
                  Chrysalis (Season 1 Episode 22-final of season),
                  Points of Departure (Season 2 Episode 1),
                  Day of the Dead (Season 5 Episode 8),
                  Movements of Fire and Shadow (Season 5 Episode 17).

Plus the original pilot movie, The Gathering, with the first G'Kar-in subsequent episodes G'Kar was recreated to the popular version seen into season 5.

CLICK THIS LINK!
                  http://television.aol.com/in2tv/baby...00170000000015
                  Last edited by terrestrial_man; 02 September 2006, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                    Whatever happened to Lita Alexander, G'kar said she died, but did it ever mention how, really all he said was that she's gone.
                    Lyta's death was referenced in the Psi Corps Trilogy (novels, canon). No full narrative, just a reference.
                    Frak! --Apollo
                    Frak you. --Cain
                    FRAK Me! --Kat
                    frakwit! --Tyrol
                    B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by takinspace
                      Lyta's death was referenced in the Psi Corps Trilogy (novels, canon). No full narrative, just a reference.
                      Here is an excellent link to the story of Lyta. While I had thought that Lyta had gone off to the Vorlons, I had forgotten much of what transpired after her Vorlon experiences. This link refreshed my memory of the episodes of B5. Enjoy.

http://besterplace.green-sector.de/lyta.htm

Comment

Here is an excellent link to the story of Lyta. While I had thought that Lyta had gone off to the Vorlons, I had forgotten much of what transpired after her Vorlon experiences. This link refreshed my memory of the episodes of B5. Enjoy.

Hmm... I had forgotten a lot of the details to her character, pretty interesting....

Comment

While we all know about the spin-off series Crusade there is a nonJMS spin off that adds a bit of humor to the fantasy! Check this link and check out the very short videos!
                          http://www.infinicorp.com/babylonpark/

Comment

While I have seen that years 2 and 3 tend to be the favorite years of the B5 series I find that I really like season 4. It was really hot with action and you never really knew what JMS was going to throw at you during the next episode. Near the tail end of 1997 I wrote the following two pages of a parody which I included in my closing issue of Split/Image.

Comment

The account of her death is interesting. I recall the books matching the timeline and the conflict going on at that time, but do not recall a specific reference to
                              Spoiler:
                              an attempt to assasinate Bester. My recollection is that she & another major lost character died blowing up Psi Corps HQ, with the HQ rather than Bester proper being the target.
                              But then, it's been a few years.

I also notice that the link doesn't cover Lyta's Psi-Corps Trilogy-documented family tree...
                              Spoiler:
                              i.e., the entanglement with the Vorlons that goes back to Desa Alexander, and later, Lyta's ... grandmother? getting Vorlon-zappied at Venus?

I always liked Lyta. But I have to admit her being an insanely hot redhead kind of influenced me.
                              Last edited by takinspace; 08 September 2006, 11:07 PM.
                              Frak! --Apollo
                              Frak you. --Cain
                              FRAK Me! --Kat
                              frakwit! --Tyrol
                              B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

Originally posted by takinspace
                                I always liked Lyta. But I have to admit her being an insanely hot redhead kind of influenced me.

Be sure to check the Babylon Park link above as I think that might be her voice on one of the mini-videos (?).
                                She was one of the B5 personalities that contributed to the spoof.

Comment

Working...
                                X