Babylon 5 - Fav character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OmegaProject
    I have a question? Does anyone like Dr. Stephen Franklin?
    I thought he was very solid. Not a huge amount of charisma or humour, but played his part very well. I'd give him a solid B+, one of the better non-alien characters. The other cast members admired his ability to memorize and rattle off complex terms convincingly (from the DVD commentaries)

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaProject
      I have a question? Does anyone like Dr. Stephen Franklin?
      Very much... Not as flamboyant as some of the others but still terrific.

I liked Ivanova the best... she didn't have the prosthetics to help her standout but relied on great dialogue and delivery to get her through each crisis.

Marcus... I loved Marcus... his well-timed wit and panache with the fighting pike was wonderful to behold.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Ivanova
        Delenn
        Vir
        Talia

In that order for the most part.

Comment

I would have to say its a tie between Londo and G'Kar (R.I.P. Andreas). As was said both characters complemented each other.

I'm surprised everyone has forgotten about Lennier.

Comment

The following must be one of the best conversations of all time:

Londo: "...But this .. this, this, this is like being nibbled to death by...what are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet, go 'quack'?"
            Vir: "Cats."
            Londo: "Cats. I'm being nibbled to death by cats."

Comment

"Take the famine as a blessing, Ambassador: a weeding out of the excess population."
              "One more comment like that, Mollari, and you will become part the excess population."

-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Signs and Portents"

There are a lot of good ones .....

Comment

"Hello, G'Kar. I don't believe I have ever been in your quarters before. Unless you count a cell on Centauri Prime."
                "I apologize for the lack of chains. The cleaning service must have removed them."
                "It has much the same feeling as your world: dry, .. red, .. and depressing."

-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"No Surrender, No Retreat"

Best writing of any Sci Fi series I can think of ......

Comment

1. Delenn
                  2. Ivanova
                  3. Sheridan

Comment

Definitely G’Kar, he could deliver those heavyweight lines of dialogue without going over the top. Both he (and Londo) had the best dialogue of the show.

G’Kar really shone when he was verbally sparring with Londo, another favourite of mine. I would have chosen Londo alongside G’Kar had it been more than one choice.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Michael Garibaldi was my favourite, but I don't think there was a character I didn't like in one way or another. I liked Ivanova's deadpan humour. Londo and G'Kar were brilliant, especially together.

I like Franklin too - I liked his quiet compassion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nel
                        Michael Garibaldi was my favourite, but I don't think there was a character I didn't like in one way or another. I liked Ivanova's deadpan humour. Londo and G'Kar were brilliant, especially together.

I like Franklin too - I liked his quiet compassion.
                        Yes, Ivanova's humour was what I liked most about her!! LOL
                        And aww Franklin, yes he was such a sweetie!! I really did like him, definitly one of my favs!!

Comment

Fav character? G'Kar. I love his soul.

Dang I miss Andreas.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Marcus = generally calm, but can be a bloody terror if provoked.
                            Vir = the "ugly duckling" of the Centauri
                            John Sheridan = isn't afraid to stand up to his morals; and love how he bends those orders with which he doesn't agree but must follow in order to stay where he must be on B5--like his apology to the Centauri in "Fall of Night"
                            Jeffrey Sinclair = much the reason as Sheridan
                            sigpic
                            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

For me.... I liked Susan Ivanova and Kosh the most.
                              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

The one and the only Commander Susan Ivanova. Wow!
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X