No announcement yet.

G'Kar Has Left the Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He brought such dignity to the role..AND humor. He will be missed. I had heard he was ill but didn't realize just how ill. First Richard Biggs, now Andreas
    Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Rip! Not long ago that Richard Biggs left this reality either! When I eventually get round to watching B5 DVDs it's gonna be very wierd!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
            Rip! Not long ago that Richard Biggs left this reality either! When I eventually get round to watching B5 DVDs it's gonna be very wierd!
            It is. When I was watching I kept looking at the Dr and what great shape he was in and I kept thinking... man he's dead. I just got done watching and was thinking I would love to see "the adventures of G'Kar and Lyta" and bam, now hes dead too. And of course the last ep.... is soo sad.... and man, this stinks.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Very sad news. Also enjoyed his appearances on Star Trek, he'll be missed.
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Did he smoke a lot?

Comment

He sure did. ALOT

Comment

Smoking sure took its toll on my dad too, but even in his last year I couldn't get him to quit.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                      Smoking sure took its toll on my dad too, but even in his last year I couldn't get him to quit.
                      I'm sorry about that, Ancient 1... I just don't understand how people who smoke don't "get it" and just stop. Addiction is an awful monster, but when it comes to a life-or-death decision, you would think it would be an easy choice

Comment

"For many years all of us here have priced our good relations with Earth. You have shown through your example that strength comes from a multitude of voices brought together for a common cause. Humans form communities. In that spirit we have voted to dissolve the League of Non-Aligned worlds and create a new alliance, based on mutual co-operation and respect. An alliance, born in the diverse voices of many worlds, joined by their desire to build a better future and their decision to voluntarily recognize a common authority."

-- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Rising Star"

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                          "For many years all of us here have priced our good relations with Earth. You have shown through your example that strength comes from a multitude of voices brought together for a common cause. Humans form communities. In that spirit we have voted to dissolve the League of Non-Aligned worlds and create a new alliance, based on mutual co-operation and respect. An alliance, born in the diverse voices of many worlds, joined by their desire to build a better future and their decision to voluntarily recognize a common authority."

-- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Rising Star"
                          That's a great quote kmiller1610.

Comment

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free."

-- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"The Long, Twilight Struggle"

Comment

"What is there left for Narn if all of creation falls around us? There's nothing. No hope, no dream, no future, no life. Unless we turn from the cycle of death toward something greater. If we are a dying people, then let us die with honor, by helping the others as no one else can."
                              "I don't understand."
                              "Because you have let them distract you. Blind you with hate. You cannot see the battle for what it is. We are fighting to save one another, we must realize we are not alone. We rise and fall together. And some of us must be sacrificed if all are to be saved. Because, if we fail in this, then none of us will be saved. And the Narn will be only a memory."

-- Narn Image and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Dust to Dust"

Comment

http://www.cs.tut.fi/cgi-bin/nph-run...cgi?ie=G%27Kar

For a complete list of G'Kar quotes.

Few actors in Sci Fi have been given better things to say than his character. He was greatly admired and respected by his peers.

Sleep well G'Kar .........

Comment

Working...
                                X