No announcement yet.

Unthinkable (223)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet thea will be back by the s3 premiere.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      chick who worked with Sara (the street urchin).
      HA!HA! I wonder if that is how the part was originally scripted.

STREET URCHIN
      (With attitude)
      I'm tough because I'm from the streets!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
        DW the Olicity moment fooled me aswell initially, then i remembered queen manor was bugged
        During the episode, I totally forgot that Slade had bugged the mansion. I was thinking to myself - How is she going to be safe here Oliver? Then I remembered at the end and felt a bit stupid.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I bet thea will be back by the s3 premiere.
          I could see a B plot following her and Malcolm outside Starling City for a while, then have having them return a few episodes in (maybe even at mid-season)

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          During the episode, I totally forgot that Slade had bugged the mansion. I was thinking to myself - How is she going to be safe here Oliver? Then I remembered at the end and felt a bit stupid.
          I forgot about the bugs in the mansion but figured they were bugged somehow. I thought they were luring Slade there for the big fight at the end to reduce the chance of collateral damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
            And Sara's departure was ridiculous. I am living my life on my terms and I want to be forced to be an assassin for these people? Whaaaaaa?!?!?! And why didn't she just say you can have Oliver to Laurel. That is how bad what she said was and how that scene played out, including the collapse at the end. COME-ON! Just ridiculous!
            I agree - that was really really stupid. I don't think I'm going to keep watching this show next season. I was really excited about it earlier in the year, but I felt like things went downhill after Three Ghosts. And I can't stand Laurel, and I wasn't happy about them spending a whole season on Sara only to throw it away in this scene by having her choose to go back to her old life (what?) and symbolically hand the Black Canary role over to Laurel. It was just stupid.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

I for one doubt she will be gone for long.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I hope Sara comes back eventually. I enjoyed the finale for the most part, but Quentin and Laurel 's farewell(especially Laurel's) to Sara seemed a bit too happy, given that she wasn't going on a luxury cruise, but going off to be an assassin with the woman who'd kidnapped and threatened to kill Dinah earlier in the season. Yeah, Nyssa and the League helped them fight Slade(after Sara asked for their help and volunteered to go back with them), and it was cool seeing Nyssa and the LoA again, but the goodbye scene seemed weird.

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                I think Oliver loves Felicity, but I also think it is friend love and that is where he wants to keep it. I really don't like it when they make her seem all head-over-heels for him.
                ^ I agree. I hope she moves next season. I like Felicity a lot, but I really dislike when she acts like a school-girl with a crush(it was kind of funny/cute at first, but now it's just annoying and she comes off as kind of sad/desperate sometimes, IMO). I also really like Oliver and Felicity's friendship, and I don't want her to become another notch on Oliver's bedpost, before he finally decides that he belongs with Laurel or whatever.
                sigpic

Comment

I for one doubt she will be gone for long.
                  Oh I'm sure she'll be back somehow. Just probably as a member of the LoA, not as Black Canary.

I just really liked Sara. I liked seeing her journey toward becoming a hero instead of a killer. And I'm just irritated that was all apparently thrown away so that Laurel could take up her comic book destiny. And I don't like Laurel (understatement alert!) so that doesn't help.
                  Last edited by Killdeer; 31 May 2014, 03:56 PM.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    It was just stupid.
                    Yep. Exactly right, "stupid" is a great way to describe it. I too will be giving up on this show. Maybe I'll give it a shot when I can watch Season Three all at once without having to wait week to week.

Comment

I agree - that was really really stupid. I don't think I'm going to keep watching this show next season. I was really excited about it earlier in the year, but I felt like things went downhill after Three Ghosts. And I can't stand Laurel, and I wasn't happy about them spending a whole season on Sara only to throw it away in this scene by having her choose to go back to her old life (what?) and symbolically hand the Black Canary role over to Laurel. It was just stupid.
                      I liked Sarah, except for the Sarah/Oliver romance thing. I mean seriously. Can't we decide what bloody sister he wants? It's getting quite tiresome. And Laurel annoys me a lot of the time. All that melodrama this season with Laurel was so annoying. Laurel isn't going to take over as black canary is she? I'd rather have Sarah as canary, minus the Sarah/Oliver romance angle though. And I wouldn't mind that other assassin woman hanging around for a while too

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      I hope Sara comes back eventually. I enjoyed the finale for the most part, but Quentin and Laurel 's farewell(especially Laurel's) to Sara seemed a bit too happy, given that she wasn't going on a luxury cruise, but going off to be an assassin with the woman who'd kidnapped and threatened to kill Dinah earlier in the season. Yeah, Nyssa and the League helped them fight Slade(after Sara asked for their help and volunteered to go back with them), and it was cool seeing Nyssa and the LoA again, but the goodbye scene seemed weird.

^ I agree. I hope she moves next season. I like Felicity a lot, but I really dislike when she acts like a school-girl with a crush(it was kind of funny/cute at first, but now it's just annoying and she comes off as kind of sad/desperate sometimes, IMO). I also really like Oliver and Felicity's friendship, and I don't want her to become another notch on Oliver's bedpost, before he finally decides that he belongs with Laurel or whatever.
                      I love Felicity, but the school girl crush on Oliver is becoming boring and annoying. Move on, you can do so much better than him. He can't even decide what sister he wants
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        I liked Sarah, except for the Sarah/Oliver romance thing. I mean seriously. Can't we decide what bloody sister he wants? It's getting quite tiresome. And Laurel annoys me a lot of the time. All that melodrama this season with Laurel was so annoying. Laurel isn't going to take over as black canary is she? I'd rather have Sarah as canary, minus the Sarah/Oliver romance angle though. And I wouldn't mind that other assassin woman hanging around for a while too
                        I didn't mind Oliver and Sara together. I just didn't feel like they developed it very well. But as far as Black Canary goes, to me it looks like Laurel's going to be Black Canary next year. While none of the writers have come out and said since the finale that's what's going to happen, one of them (Andrew Kreisberg) said before the finale aired
                        Spoiler:
                        that we would know who the true Black Canary is 43 minutes into the finale. And Katie Cassidy (who plays Laurel) has been very excited and talking about working out and saying that she thinks that's what's going to happen. All that to me adds up to Laurel being BC next year.

As far as Sara goes, what bothered me is that this is a woman who earlier in the season said that the killing was destroying her soul. Who took poison rather than go back to that life. Who has struggled to rise above being a killer all season, and in just the previous episode (Streets of Fire) we see her finally seemingly take on the hero's mantle - the Canary. And then in just the next episode she turns around and goes back to that life of being a killer. And if it had been played as a tragic moment - a terrible price she paid to save the city - it might have worked better. But that's not how it was played. It was weirdly played like it was supposed to be a happy moment. Quentin and Laurel are far too accepting for losing Sara all over again. Laurel is almost giddy when she gets the jacket from Sara. Quentin, who knows better than Laurel what Sara's going back to, too easily accepts the situation. It was like the writers thought that we were going to be so excited to see Laurel finally take up her comic book destiny as Black Canary that we wouldn't think too hard about what Sara's going back to. Not only that, but it's Sara who's been through the fire, but Laurel who gets to become the hero, and that really rubs me the wrong way.

I love Felicity, but the school girl crush on Oliver is becoming boring and annoying. Move on, you can do so much better than him. He can't even decide what sister he wants
                        I don't think I would mind Olicity if I didn't feel like the writers are just playing the audience. They know Olicity is massively popular so they're using it for the press, but it will be Laurel in the end - I'm almost sure of it. So all the Oliver and Felicity scenes are just a big tease. It's Chloe and Clark all over again. Andrew Kreisberg just a few weeks ago compared Oliver and Laurel to Lois and Clark. And Katie Cassidy has said that she thinks Oliver and Laurel are "soulmates" and that they will be together in the end. (I can't stand those two together). And if they were willing to throw away a season's worth of character development on Sara so that Laurel could be Black Canary just because she is in the comics, I don't doubt that Olicity will be similarly thrown under the bus whenever they decide that Oliver and Laurel must be together again, because you know, they're comics canon.

All this adds up to why I'm not wasting any more time on watching this show. If nothing else, SGA showed me the folly of sticking with a show too long. No point in putting myself through the aggravation.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh I'm sure she'll be back somehow. Just probably as a member of the LoA, not as Black Canary.

I just really liked Sara. I liked seeing her journey toward becoming a hero instead of a killer. And I'm just irritated that was all apparently thrown away so that Laurel could take up her comic book destiny. And I don't like Laurel (understatement alert!) so that doesn't help.
                          I honestly don't understand the Laurel hate. Every argument against her has been weak or a double standard in my opinion. I kind of knew Sara as the Canary was limited. I think others should have realized that from the start instead of whining about it.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I honestly don't understand the Laurel hate. Every argument against her has been weak or a double standard in my opinion. I kind of knew Sara as the Canary was limited. I think others should have realized that from the start instead of whining about it.
                            Well quite frankly I thought the writers were smarter than to introduce a far more popular version of an already unpopular character and then expect the audience to be happy when forced to go back to version 1.0. As someone elsewhere said, it's like giving someone a Porsche and then taking it away and expecting them to be happy driving a Ford. I honestly did not think the writers were that stupid, but obviously I was giving them too much credit. It was beyond stupid for them to introduce Sara, make her an awesome kickass Canary, and somehow think that was going to improve Laurel's already low standing with the audience. Bringing Sara on was the worst thing they could have done for Laurel. If they wanted Laurel as Black Canary, they should have just done it instead of pulling the bait and switch with Sara. Nobody likes a bait and switch. Just look at how outraged people were recently at the HIMYM ending.

As for why I don't like Laurel, I think the character has been both terribly written and terribly acted. Katie Cassidy was completely miscast in the part IMO. And I find her scenes with Oliver, Laurel's supposed "soul mate", to be completely cringeworthy, the most recent example being that awful "I know you better than I know my name" scene in City of Blood. Their relationship makes not even the remotest amount of sense. In one episode we see that he got a girl pregnant behind her back, and in the next she's telling him she knows him "in her bones". It makes her look clueless and out of touch with reality. And yet this is supposed to be our show OTP. Why should I root for a couple like that?

Honestly, I could deal with Laurel by herself if they would take two things permanently off the table. 1) her ever becoming Black Canary, and 2) her ever EVER getting back with Oliver. The fear of those two things happening, and the feeling that she is completely unsuitable for either role, is what I believe drives much of the hate toward her character. If she was just a supporting character with no fixed destiny, you wouldn't see the hate you do now.

You're of course welcome to your opinion, but I would appreciate you not sneering at mine.
                            Last edited by Killdeer; 01 June 2014, 05:31 PM.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

I didn't mind Oliver and Sara together. I just didn't feel like they developed it very well. But as far as Black Canary goes, to me it looks like Laurel's going to be Black Canary next year. While none of the writers have come out and said since the finale that's what's going to happen, one of them (Andrew Kreisberg) said before the finale aired
                              Spoiler:
                              that we would know who the true Black Canary is 43 minutes into the finale. And Katie Cassidy (who plays Laurel) has been very excited and talking about working out and saying that she thinks that's what's going to happen. All that to me adds up to Laurel being BC next year.
                              How long do you think it would take for Oli to train Laurel up to take on the Canary's mask>

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                How long do you think it would take for Oli to train Laurel up to take on the Canary's mask>
                                I would sincerely hope they're not planning on having Oliver train her. If and when she gets training, it shouldn't be from Oliver. Whoever the Black Canary is, she shouldn't be in the role of being a "sidekick" like Roy (for lack of a better word) and that's what Laurel would be if she became one of Oliver's trainees. (Not to mention that I think what happened with Roy shows that Oliver is kind of a terrible teacher, and it'd be even worse with Laurel because of their history.)
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X