No announcement yet.

Keep Your Enemies Closer (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like Thea. Laurel, I think, the writers are doing a bad job with her and not the actress.

Comment

I actually like Thea too, and she doesn't really have that big of a role; so even when she is being annoying, it's not really a big deal to me.

I don't really have a problem with the actress playing Laurel(she's not great, but she's not bad either), I just don't find the character interesting or well written. She's just the love interest that the hero can't really get over, and/or the damsel in distress. Though I suppose a better actress could have made me feel more sympathetic towards the character, even if the character were poorly written.

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      Yep me 2, its taken me this long to realise that it was Zalenka
      The characters are so different, it's not easy to see that they are being played by the same person lol.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        The characters are so different, it's not easy to see that they are being played by the same person lol.
        Especially when the new character is all gruffy and macho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
          Especially when the new character is all gruffy and macho.
          Yeah lol, he's not at all like nerdy, nervous Zelenka. Anatoli looked kind of like a pimp in that club scene, with the leather jacket, his shirt a little unbuttoned and the gold chain showing.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't really have a problem with the actress playing Laurel(she's not great, but she's not bad either), I just don't find the character interesting or well written. She's just the love interest that the hero can't really get over, and/or the damsel in distress. Though I suppose a better actress could have made me feel more sympathetic towards the character, even if the character were poorly written.
            lol.
            While she was ok in the first half of S1, she has dropped down in my rating book.. here is hoping they have some decent character advancement for her for the rest of S2 that is not more 'damsel in distress' stuff.

Yeah lol, he's not at all like nerdy, nervous Zelenka. Anatoli looked kind of like a pimp in that club scene, with the leather jacket, his shirt a little unbuttoned and the gold chain showing.
            It wasn't just that imo.. It was he didn't have the same voice, let alone the same face..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              While she was ok in the first half of S1, she has dropped down in my rating book.. here is hoping they have some decent character advancement for her for the rest of S2 that is not more 'damsel in distress' stuff.
              I hope so too. I don't hate her or anything; I think she's ok for the most part. I just want to actually like Laurel, she has a fairly big role, and I'd probably enjoy the show a lot more than I already do if I liked her more.

It wasn't just that imo.. It was he didn't have the same voice, let alone the same face..
              Yeah, I think it was the beard that made his face look a lot different.
              sigpic

Comment

I felt she was better in the second half of the first season. Now they have her kinda pushed to the side and lightly addressing what she is going through. But her father is taking most of the action so far.

They probably would have done better by not having he in any of those episodes until they showed her alcohol and drug use. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem like she's taking a bad turn when they have her doing all this other stuff.

Comment

I wonder if/when daddy is going to break his promise and tell Laural her sister is still alive..?

Comment

I thought this was a really good episode; I enjoyed it a lot.

I found Felicity's attitude towards Isabel funny. I lol'd at the little hand gesture she made when she apologized for interrupting Oliver's meeting with Isabel to tell him that Roy had info(she put her hands up like they were claws).

I liked Deadshot in this ep. I liked Anatoli too.

Diggle was great. I liked that Diggle worked with Deadshot and that he didn't end up killing him. I liked Lyla too.

I enjoyed the flashbacks on the ship.

I only just realized that David Nykl plays Anatoli. I remember reading that he was supposed to be on this, but I didn't realize that it was him until I went to look up who played Anatoli, because I thought that the actor looked familiar from something lol.

That's basically how I saw it as well.
                    David Nykl? Lol I had no idea!

I didn't really like Oliver's attitude when talking about Isabel to Felicity at the end. That was cold!

And seriously Diggle, typing H.I.V.E. into Bing? *eyeroll*
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                      David Nykl? Lol I had no idea!

I didn't really like Oliver's attitude when talking about Isabel to Felicity at the end. That was cold!

And seriously Diggle, typing H.I.V.E. into Bing? *eyeroll*

What did he say? I don't remember it being that bad. I remember him saying that he was with Isabel because he didn't want to be with someone that he could actually care about. Oh wait, nevermind lol, I suppose that would mean in regards to Isabel. She wasn't exactly nice towards Felicity, and she didn't seem to be emotionally attached to Oliver or anything, so his attitude didn't really bother me I guess.

Some of the product placement on this show is eye-rolling lol. I find the Windows 8 home screen ones to be the worst.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Last Episode and this one are my favorites from the second season but i have not seen.any disappointing Episode in this season. I am glad That i stuck with it because i remember that i was not quite convinced by this Show. I loved that it played in russia and with The mission andall feeled a bit like shield only netter. I hope we. See more of Summer glau although i like felicity more.
                        sigpic

Comment

Watching this ep again i thought Isabel's name was weirdly familiar and since i know nothing whatsoever about the comics i couldnt rest till i figured out why.
                          So am i crazy or in the first episode in season one when Oliver looks at the notebook under Adam Hunt (the guy he's hunting in that ep)'s name is Isabel Rochev?
                          So assuming im not mad or blind, does that mean she was part of the 'Undertaking'? Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Alphabet Cookie View Post
                            Watching this ep again i thought Isabel's name was weirdly familiar and since i know nothing whatsoever about the comics i couldnt rest till i figured out why.
                            So am i crazy or in the first episode in season one when Oliver looks at the notebook under Adam Hunt (the guy he's hunting in that ep)'s name is Isabel Rochev?
                            So assuming im not mad or blind, does that mean she was part of the 'Undertaking'? Hmm
                            Did you confirm that or are you just guessing?

Comment

Did you confirm that or are you just guessing?
                              I looked back at the pilot ep and i think its her name, it looks like it to me anyways but i could be wrong... and perhaps need to wear glasses more, i dunno

Comment

Yes, she is in the book. What level of involvement she has in the Undertaking is unknown.

Comment

Working...
                                X