Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody having issues with latest Google Chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I'll remember that.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

Works perfectly fine for me, even on Windows 7 Professional.

Only for older systemns {PXP, Vitsa, 7 {so I hear}} as far as I am aware, windows 10 has full support and the LATEST version of Chrome is SUPPOSED to reduce the resource use by the software. But I have not seen any indication of it happening {ram use for me is STILL around 2GB just to have 5 tabs pinned and 2 extra tabs for researching stuff}
      pretty sure RAM usage also depends on how many extensions you might have running in your browser...I have a few for ad blocking and digital coin miner script blocking

Comment

Would anyone know what might cause Chrome to crash when you click print (right-click>print/three dots>print/ctrl+p)?

I saw others who had this issue but, alas, they were on Windows 10 because the Windows update(s) that caused it were for that OS. I did try my TestUser1 account that I have in Chrome and the same thing happened. I did try another browser Microsoft Edge (which Windows 7 users got through an update in 2019) and there were no issues.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I havent had any issues printing anything on Chrome in windows 10 mostly because I have not let it update ever since I got a tool called Windows Update MiniTool, otherwise known as WUMT; when active the tool actually entirely turns off the automatic update services and will ONLY enable them when the tool is run to do any updates.

Now for me, windsows 10 updates, on my personal terms

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

My Dad probably would have liked that tool as he had routine when came to updates.

When I was searching this issue, the 2 updates for Windows 10 were KB4524147 and KB1424148. I was just hoping one of those search results I had found had been someone on Windows 7 that had the issue. I know about the end date for Windows 7, but Microsoft has continued to put out updates here and there, which leads me to believe they are semi supporting it during the pandemic. I would uninstall and reinstall Chrome, but I know if I do that I will lose some extensions. I figured what Chrome did was have some code check each extension and if it was still in the store, it would show up in Chrome and be usable. If it was no longer in the store it wouldn't show up in Chrome, but the data for it would remain in the profile folder. I do know at some point Chrome will stop supporting Windows 7, but I just wish they would wait until they are ready to stop supporting Windows 8/8.1. As for the issue, I wish I could remember when it started then I would know if it was a windows update or not. Also, I may have to ask the Google Chrome community again about it randomly switching between windows because that issue has yet to go away for me.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I am not aware of Chrome ending support for windows 7 I know MS still supports it semioffically and offically through paid support systems for hospitals and such.

Rapidly switching between windows ? I've had that happen before, but it ended up being a stuck key stroke, turning off Sticky Keys fixed it for me, but that was at least ten years ago

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I think that could have been the enterprise edition I just assumed it was the version everyday users use.

As for the sticky keys, I have those off and the only time I get a message asking me to turn them on is if I am in my Sims 2 game, looking at floors and walls, and I hold down the shift key for a long while causing the message to appear, but I never turn them on.

Now for the randomly switching between windows, which happened while I was typing this up. These are some things I found in a google search about the issue. In link number 5, I was not having the issue when the original poster posted about it and it was only sometime after that that the issue occurred. Things that were suggested:
                The Great Suspender - uninstall and reinstall it. I don't use that so it didn't apply to me.
                #proactive-tab-freeze-and-discard - disable this but the flag is gone as well as the replacement flag so not an option.
                There is a suggestion in link number 4, by mac user, I have tried it out and will try it again, at some point, to see if that works in Windows. It's the one near the end of the thread. I guess it meant the desktop icon and not the pinned to taskbar icon because I don't think it worked as it just happened again.

1. https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comm...nging_windows/

2. https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/10076241

3. https://www.reddit.com/r/chrome/comm...pen_window_of/

4. https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/com...indows_for_no/

5. https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/11951244?hl=en

Comment

Working...
                X