Best 3 Trek movies?

1: (and unbeatable champ) Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan
    2: Star Trek: First Contact
    3: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
    Same 3 movies for me, but in a different order:

1. First Contact
    2. The Wrath of Khan
    3. The Voyage Home

I also quite liked Generations (so that would be 4, or maybe 3 depending on my mood).
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Times like this, we ought to have a mechanism for unified action, rather than 50 states all doing what they want. But I would be leery of giving the feds that much power to take if they want it.
      You already did, had it since the 80's., if not earlier.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

more AWWWW...

Coronavirus Jokes That Will Make Your Quarantine A Little Better

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          Same 3 movies for me, but in a different order:

1. First Contact
          2. The Wrath of Khan
          3. The Voyage Home

I also quite liked Generations (so that would be 4, or maybe 3 depending on my mood).
          Generations was a good transition movie, but not quite good enough for the top three.
          And I have a huge problem with an old Bird of Prey taking out a Galaxy class ship. That was a cheap trick by the writers.

Comment

Generations was a good transition movie, but not quite good enough for the top three.
            And I have a huge problem with an old Bird of Prey taking out a Galaxy class ship. That was a cheap trick by the writers.
            wasnt the Enterprise unshielded or something?

Comment

I liked the whole bringing together Kirk and Picard thing and I thought some of the character stuff was nice. I have more issues with some of the other movies than I do with Generations.
              sigpic

Comment

I liked the whole bringing together Kirk and Picard thing and I thought some of the character stuff was nice. I have more issues with some of the other movies than I do with Generations.
                <sarcasm>Well, there is always "Star Trek: Nemesis"... </sarcasm>

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                  wasnt the Enterprise unshielded or something?
                  The Klingons had tapped into Geordi's VISOR and obtained the frequency (or something) of Enterprise's shields.

Starships have taken hits from greater vessels than a Klingon Bird of Prey before though. Even with a way through the shields, it strains credulity that a B.o.P. could take down the federation flagship.

Comment

<sarcasm>Well, there is always "Star Trek: Nemesis"... </sarcasm>
                    Honestly, I actually like Nemesis. I have my issues with it, but overall I found it more interesting and enjoyable to watch than Insurrection or the other TOS era movies. It's been awhile since I've watched them all though, I was going to try doing a Lord of the Rings movie re-watch, but I might just end up doing a Star Trek movie re-watch instead.
                    sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I actually like Nemesis. I have my issues with it, but overall I found it more interesting and enjoyable to watch than Insurrection or the other TOS era movies. It's been awhile since I've watched them all though, I was going to try doing a Lord of the Rings movie re-watch, but I might just end up doing a Star Trek movie re-watch instead.
                      Wasn't Insurrection Picard era?

Comment

Wasn't Insurrection Picard era?
                        Yes, that's the only one I really didn't care much for in the Picard era. When I wrote "other TOS era movies" I meant the other than wrath of Kahn and voyage home. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, that's the only one I really didn't care much for in the Picard era. When I wrote "other TOS era movies" I meant the other than wrath of Kahn and voyage home. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
                          Bah. We'll have to go back to trashing Cuomo.

Actually, if you have about 6 hours to kill, II, III & IV are all the same story arc and isn't a bad way to kill 6 hours.

Comment

Not everyone pays attention to social distancing rules (and sometimes it might not even be on purpose)...
                            Having to be told 3 times to step back behind the line is downright being ignorant as hell (eye witness account by my sister when she went to the butcher's last week).

...and if you have someone at high risk in your house you might want to wear one as an extra precaution when you go out and even inside your house so in case you have something, you're not sharing it with someone who can possibly die from it.
                            We do not. It's just me and my sister, and the cats. We are literally halfway the country -- the furthest removed from the rest of the family.

TOS has to be first, and not only because it was the best. It was also the first, without which we wouldn't have any others.
                            I have killed so many braincells watching TOS -- it's not even funny anymore.

The only episode I really enjoyed was The Trouble With Tribbles.
                            The banter between Spock and McCoy was OK in season 2 but McCoy has since gotten on my nerves.

There's been one episode near the end of season 2 that I nearly turned off altogether, where I was so horribly annoyed that it took me everything not to smack my screen.

I like Sulu, Checkov, Spock, Scotty and Uhura, and Christine who is simply hilarious fawning over Spock.

Kirk has the emotional range of a teaspoon, and McCoy is overly dramatic and annoying the hell out of my patience.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            suure
                            come across a patrol & try what you just said if one of them coughs in your face - dunno if they'll have your imprint but they'll definitely have your fingerprints
                            lol
                            Might I remind you that the officers over here are of the polite versions.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              SR is an anarchist. He hates any enforcement arm of any government.
                              I suspect he's fed up with all the restraining orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Having to be told 3 times to step back behind the line is downright being ignorant as hell (eye witness account by my sister when she went to the butcher's last week).

We do not. It's just me and my sister, and the cats. We are literally halfway the country -- the furthest removed from the rest of the family.

I have killed so many braincells watching TOS -- it's not even funny anymore.

The only episode I really enjoyed was The Trouble With Tribbles.
                                The banter between Spock and McCoy was OK in season 2 but McCoy has since gotten on my nerves.

There's been one episode near the end of season 2 that I nearly turned off altogether, where I was so horribly annoyed that it took me everything not to smack my screen.

I like Sulu, Checkov, Spock, Scotty and Uhura, and Christine who is simply hilarious fawning over Spock.

Kirk has the emotional range of a teaspoon, and McCoy is overly dramatic and annoying the hell out of my patience.

I think it goes back to what Vampy was saying to TOS showing it age. Its probably my least favorite Trek but I acknowledge that what people wanted was different
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X