The Covid19 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And there we go again... all indoor sports which cannot guarantee a 1.5m (6 ft I believe) distance are forbidden as of wednesday 14/10, for everyone over the age of 12. All cafeteria's and changing rooms are closing too, except the changing rooms for swimming pools which are reservation-based to begin with.

I don't know know if this will include my Ropeskipping training since we do maintain a 1.5m distance at all times, even when we're doing our double-dutch exercises, and when we do the latter we have to disinfect our hands every time we switch position with someone who's turning the ropes.

Will see tonight what our trainer says... I hope we can continue cause I really need to have something to blow off steam, now that I can't game cause of this thing called a Trigger Finger (don't laugh, I'm not kidding, my left thumb isn't happy) and my doctor told me "no more gaming until that's healed" so my Xbox isn't an option for blowing off steam.
    In both our countries, the whole attempt to re-open has been a colossal failure. Despite the gibberish about "flattening the curve", the idea of quarantine & isolation as a strategy to combat disease is to prevent the spread of the disease, to the point where the disease dies off, rather than large numbers of people. How the hell can you expect to be successful at that when you don't keep things closed long enough?

But the moneymen have to keep lining their pockets, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      could whack the stuffing out of a punching bag (i.e., Reaver )

Mmm... didn't think of that... good idea.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Like hell you didn't
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          could whack the stuffing out of a punching bag (i.e., Reaver )

is this your way of hitting on me

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            is this your way of hitting on me
            Dude, you are as much of my type as I am Falcon's.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              That makes no sense. A.F.A.I.K, Falcon hasn't figured out what it's type is yet.

Comment

Like hell you didn't
                I plead the 5th.

I have a type -- no clue what it is yet, but I'm sure I have one...

Comment

Your type is small and furry.
                  At a glance it could seem the same as mine, but in the long run?
                  Nah.
                  sigpic

Comment

That's an easy one. PH is FH's type
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

are the quotes messed up or something? I was addressing FH obviously

I plead the 5th.

I have a type -- no clue what it is yet, but I'm sure I have one...
                      you're in denial luv

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        you're in denial luv
                        That a river in Egypt?

More Covid-news from Belgium and a little from The Netherlands:

NL is going into a semi-lockdown with restaurants and bars closing, groups of maximum 6 people gathering, and facemasks mandatory in public buildings and where social distance cannot be maintained.

As far as BE goes, province I live in has mandated that all bars and restaurants have to close at 11pm, except on Friday and Saturday ( I know) -- they can stay open until 1am. And working from home should be the majority too.

I live in Flemish-Brabant, but work in the province of Antwerp so I'm hoping that our company will do the right thing and give us the option of working from home fulltime.

Our numbers are reaching dramatic levels -- by comparison of what we had in the first wave:
                        We're averaging an infection rate of 5000 new ones, an average of 119 people admitted to the hospital and 18 deaths on average on a daily basis in the last 7 days.

Not good... ...most of us are expecting another lockdown to follow. We're prepared for it this time at least.

Comment

There is a massive argument here whether or not to finally reopen the schools and kindergartens. Many parents cannot work because they have no one to leave the kids with. The government decided yesterday to decide at a later time. I kid you not.

The airport should finally reopen tomorrow. Up until yesterday only people who bought tickets before the lockdown were allowed to fly out, which led to airlines cancelling flights due to low demand, and considering abandoning Israel as a destination altogether.

Apartment rent prices have fallen so sharply in the Tel Aviv area that wifey and I are considering moving, even though we've only lived in this apartment for one year.

My unpaid leave ends next week; apparently nobody wants to handle my customers.
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            There is a massive argument here whether or not to finally reopen the schools and kindergartens. Many parents cannot work because they have no one to leave the kids with. The government decided yesterday to decide at a later time. I kid you not.

The airport should finally reopen tomorrow. Up until yesterday only people who bought tickets before the lockdown were allowed to fly out, which led to airlines cancelling flights due to low demand, and considering abandoning Israel as a destination altogether.

Apartment rent prices have fallen so sharply in the Tel Aviv area that wifey and I are considering moving, even though we've only lived in this apartment for one year.

My unpaid leave ends next week; apparently nobody wants to handle my customers.
                            At least it sounds like your govt. is discussing it and how to proceed. As opposed to the mess we have now over here.
                            We seem to be going in opposite directions; we've decided that we aren't going to close things back up to isolate the disease, and at the same time, the population is being thrown to the wolves when it comes the the economic consequences.

I think the Canadian rock band Rush did a song which describes as best as possible what we're doing...

"Big Money"

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              Our minister of education refuses to switch the color code to orange, as it should be due to the exponential rise of infections in all layers of the population. At the moment, schools are still operating in code yellow which is the normal way of doing things -- kids go to school and don't have online classes.

Many schools have had to quarantine entire classrooms because of infections among children or teachers.

Code orange would mean that half the students stay home, and school-going alternates every other week.

It's confusing.

Our upstairs neighbors have a daughter of about 9 and a son of 6. I'm really glad they are able to go to school so that the youngest, almost 8 months old, can sleep in peace, and it doesn't feel like the ceiling is coming down cause they're running back and forth.

I love hearing them play and have fun, but sometimes enough is enough.

Comment

That a river in Egypt?
                                I sea what you did there -_-

took me a while to get it...you made me think...not cool

Comment

Working...
                                X