Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Picked the wrong year to ditch the politics thread
    yeah, i guess i picked the wrong year to quit smoking
    yeah, i guess i picked the wrong year to quit drinking
    yeah, i guess i picked the wrong year to quit taking amphetamines
    yeah, i guess i picked the wrong year to quit sniffing glue

ya just gotta love airplane

Comment

i can't believe it took me this long to come up with this for people who try to use the law to get around wearing a mask, i made, UH i mean i found this in an old law book that my grandfather had during the 1918 pandemic, it was badly damaged, but it was readable, it says that:

pursuant to page 1,629, article 537 sub section 85 paragraph 12 of the global / national health emergency act of 1918 , it states that should a national or global health emergency occur, all articles of the united states constitution are to be suspended until such time said emergency is deemed over by a majority of health providers and a unanimous vote of the house and senate, in the event a majority of the house and or senate are either incapacitated or dead locked the president and vice president of the united states shall be required to cast the deciding vote .

i don't know how this got missed

if that doesn't work there is always this little trick

1. get 2 zip lock bags
      2. get a tissue or a paper towel
      3. get a can of fart spray

place the tissue or paper towel in the zip lock bag, coat the paper towel or tissue with a generous amount of fart spray, then quickly zip the bag and place it in another bag. when encountering a a wild karen/ chad/kevin/ darren...ect, open both bags and walk by several times, see if this encourages them to put their masks on.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Jobs, real estate and economy under covid are a hot topic here in Belgium.

Our job market is stagnent at the moment, though more people are back at work, from home or otherwise. The real estate business is booming and the economy isn't sinking entirely to the bottom of the covid-pit.
        At least your government isn't out to lunch, like ours.

Our job market is terrible right now. Most of former coworkers who were let go in February and March are yet to find any jobs. I've been sending out my resume (because I feel that my own job is living on borrowed time). and there's no callbaccks so far. I've decided to learn something new. Still researching what, but leaning towards QA.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Picked the wrong year to ditch the politics thread

I've been thinking about that more than once in the last few months.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          well when that time comes I'll likely be sharing that apartment with my sister so that'll help with costs (provided we can keep from killing each other in that apartment )
          I bought that house with my sister. We've been living together for a little over 5 years now and haven't murdered one another.

We're even taking it one step further -- we are planning to "get married". By which I mean, we have the ability to sign a contract like couples do which give us the same rights to favorable regulations when it comes to sharing a house together -- you know, like for taxes and such.

And let's not forget that we've also been working from home under the same roof, and even as colleagues we get along quite well -- even go so far as appear in each other's video conferences to wave at colleagues.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          At least your government isn't out to lunch, like ours.
          Ours is brand, spanking new... the Federal one anyway.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This was going to be a bang-up year, CV or no CV. I saw that coming a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
              yeah, i guess i picked the wrong year to quit smoking
              yeah, i guess i picked the wrong year to quit drinking
              yeah, i guess i picked the wrong year to quit taking amphetamines
              yeah, i guess i picked the wrong year to quit sniffing glue

ya just gotta love airplane
              That's because Airplane rocks
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                This was going to be a bang-up year, CV or no CV. I saw that coming a long time ago.
                More like a rain wreck, for everyone.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

More like a rain wreck, for everyone.
                  A rain wreck?!

Yes, it's autumn and the weather hasn't been kind so no walkies for us, but we have to move soon so plenty of heavy lifting ahead. I sincerely hope the regulations don't get any tighter cause we really need all the help we are allowed to have, to get us out of the appartment and into the new place.

Comment

Yes, it's autumn and the weather hasn't been kind so no walkies for us, but we have to move soon so plenty of heavy lifting ahead. I sincerely hope the regulations don't get any tighter cause we really need all the help we are allowed to have, to get us out of the appartment and into the new place.
                    I actually prefer fall's cooler weather, it's much more comforatable to do outdoor projects than it is in the heat and humidity of summer. Like this tree that got blown over in an August windstorm. Gotta introduce it to my chainsaw shortly.

You are correct when it comes to moving. One good thing is I won't be doing it again. Next time I move will be when someone carts my rotting carcass out of here after I'm dead.

Comment

I bought that house with my sister. We've been living together for a little over 5 years now and haven't murdered one another.

We're even taking it one step further -- we are planning to "get married". By which I mean, we have the ability to sign a contract like couples do which give us the same rights to favorable regulations when it comes to sharing a house together -- you know, like for taxes and such.

And let's not forget that we've also been working from home under the same roof, and even as colleagues we get along quite well -- even go so far as appear in each other's video conferences to wave at colleagues.

Ours is brand, spanking new... the Federal one anyway.
                      well good for you....you have "white on rice" relationship with her....mine and my sister's is more like matter and anti-matter

Comment

mine and my sister's is more like matter and anti-matter
                        and long as you dont hug you should be good

We're even taking it one step further -- we are planning to "get married". By which I mean, we have the ability to sign a contract like couples do which give us the same rights to favorable regulations
                        (if it were your brother this would so have GoT vibes) I've heard of those contracts

what's to stop everyone from doing this with...everyone? that way everyone pays less in taxes :|

Comment

well good for you....you have "white on rice" relationship with her....mine and my sister's is more like matter and anti-matter
                          Woops...

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          (if it were your brother this would so have GoT vibes) I've heard of those contracts
                          Then it's a good thing I don't have a brother.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          what's to stop everyone from doing this with...everyone? that way everyone pays less in taxes :|
                          Because not many people are aware it exists. I thought I remembered something about a rule change but I thought it never went any further than a proposal stage, but apparently it did so it's a benefit we'll take. The contract automatically ends if either one of us finds their "one true love" and moves out -- which it doesn't in the case of couples. They have to jump through a few more hoops before their contracts are ended.

Our minister of health is toying with the idea of another lockdown, with our infection rates on the rise in some of the bigger cities, and large part of the south of the country.

Comment

The contract automatically ends if either one of us finds their "one true love"
                            then shouldn't you tell your sister about us?

Our minister of health is toying with the idea of another lockdown, with our infection rates on the rise
                            predictable from the get go
                            people do realize this thing ain't going away right? **** that mutates tends to stick around

best you can hope for is that it becomes less severe & settles into a seasonal pattern (like flu did)

Comment

And there we go again... all indoor sports which cannot guarantee a 1.5m (6 ft I believe) distance are forbidden as of wednesday 14/10, for everyone over the age of 12. All cafeteria's and changing rooms are closing too, except the changing rooms for swimming pools which are reservation-based to begin with.

I don't know know if this will include my Ropeskipping training since we do maintain a 1.5m distance at all times, even when we're doing our double-dutch exercises, and when we do the latter we have to disinfect our hands every time we switch position with someone who's turning the ropes.

Will see tonight what our trainer says... I hope we can continue cause I really need to have something to blow off steam, now that I can't game cause of this thing called a Trigger Finger (don't laugh, I'm not kidding, my left thumb isn't happy) and my doctor told me "no more gaming until that's healed" so my Xbox isn't an option for blowing off steam.

Comment

And there we go again... all indoor sports which cannot guarantee a 1.5m (6 ft I believe) distance are forbidden as of wednesday 14/10, for everyone over the age of 12. All cafeteria's and changing rooms are closing too, except the changing rooms for swimming pools which are reservation-based to begin with.

I don't know know if this will include my Ropeskipping training since we do maintain a 1.5m distance at all times, even when we're doing our double-dutch exercises, and when we do the latter we have to disinfect our hands every time we switch position with someone who's turning the ropes.

Will see tonight what our trainer says... I hope we can continue cause I really need to have something to blow off steam, now that I can't game cause of this thing called a Trigger Finger (don't laugh, I'm not kidding, my left thumb isn't happy) and my doctor told me "no more gaming until that's healed" so my Xbox isn't an option for blowing off steam.
                                could whack the stuffing out of a punching bag (i.e., Reaver )

Comment

Working...
                                X