Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    no biggie it will live on in ur quote

also it was about Covid19 which is the topic so why would this perfectly ontopic post be deleted
    Nah, they'll nuke my post too.

As for reason, it's an expression of a political opinion (You don't like politician A or B)

Don't get me wrong. I don't like the "sanitized for your protection" rules, Just from the number of people who were active participants, I think there is a demand for that type of board.

But it's their ball, bat & backyard. So I try quite hard to stay within the rules. Even so, I got modded for a week.

I'm just sayin' they are not screwing around.

Comment

The word karma comes to mind
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Don't get me wrong. I don't like the "sanitized for your protection" rules
        hey for someone who claims to not like the new rules you sure appear to like calling out (and quoting) others when they almost sort of not quite bend those rules eh?

the real world's sanitized enough as it is what with the whole Covid19 problem :|

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          In what way? Even before the new rules, I never wanted or tried to get anyone silenced. Quite the opposite. More than once I stated that I didn't want any administrative action taken against anyone else on my behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            not really
            as I expected King Don's being given experimental treatment against Covid19 (artificial antibodies or something) the sort of thing commoners can't afford

10 to 1 he'll pull through with nothing more than the milder symptoms of Covid19
            Last edited by SoulReaver; 02 October 2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

hey for someone who claims to not like the new rules you sure appear to like calling out (and quoting) others when they almost sort of not quite bend those rules eh?
              It's called "fair warning". I don't want to see anyone get banned.

Comment

not really
                as I expected King Don's being given experimental treatment against Covid19 (artificial antibodies or something) the sort of thing commoners can't afford

in other words he'll pull through with nothing more than the milder symptoms of Covid19
                I got news for you. Even if it was free, I wouldn't take a newly released or "experimental" vaccine. I'll wait a few years to see if anyone dies from it.

In fact, that's one thing I'm afraid of. Some boneheaded government official might get it in his head to mandate that people take it.

Whether or not any particular individual gets a mild or fatal case of it seems to be beyond our control. Older people are at greater risk, though. But we just don't know in anyone's case.

As has been my position all along, I don't think we know enough about this. Last time I had a Dr. appt., I asked her for an antibody test; I wanted to know if I have had it. She wouldn't do one, telling me the test was not accurate enough to be useful. 20% false positive, 20% false negative. That's a 40% error rate. Translation: Useless.

Myself, I think I've had it, and have permanent after effects, that's what I wanted the test for.

Comment

It's called "fair warning". I don't want to see anyone get banned.
                  when done in public that's less like fair warning & more like ratting out '_'

Comment

I got news for you. Even if it was free, I wouldn't take a newly released or "experimental" vaccine. I'll wait a few years to see if anyone dies from it.

In fact, that's one thing I'm afraid of. Some boneheaded government official might get it in his head to mandate that people take it.

Whether or not any particular individual gets a mild or fatal case of it seems to be beyond our control. Older people are at greater risk, though. But we just don't know in anyone's case.

As has been my position all along, I don't think we know enough about this. Last time I had a Dr. appt., I asked her for an antibody test; I wanted to know if I have had it. She wouldn't do one, telling me the test was not accurate enough to be useful. 20% false positive, 20% false negative. That's a 40% error rate. Translation: Useless.

Myself, I think I've had it, and have permanent after effects, that's what I wanted the test for.
                    if those are just artificially created antibodies (serum?) not a complex vaccine with additives like aluminium adjuvants & what not then there shouldn't be a risk
                    you dont turn down a freebie when you've nothing to lose

I didn't take the antibody test for the same reasons
                    I probably caught that **** back in january without realizing it when I had a slight cough in the morning for over a week

apparently them coronadogs are far more reliable virus-detectors than the PCR tests so maybe the doggies can also be trained to snif out the antibodies? (to replace both the PCR test & the antibody test)
                    they're still pups in training though

Comment

latest news: Trump has some of the lesser symptoms cough fever fatigue etc. (same stuff caused by flu) but none of the serious ones like shortness of breath (a "Covid-exclusive")

that's despite his age weight & bad diet

told you so

with Covid19 the severity's more based on social class than other criteria

compare with "fairer" diseases like cancer (cf. David Koch)

Comment

latest news: Trump has some of the lesser symptoms cough fever fatigue etc. (same stuff caused by flu) but none of the serious ones like shortness of breath (a "Covid-exclusive")

that's despite his age weight & bad diet

told you so

with Covid19 the severity's more based on social class than other criteria

compare with "fairer" diseases like cancer (cf. David Koch)
                        That is total nonsense. Yes its true that the rich have better access to health care, just like they have better access to everything. That's just the way the world is and always has been, regardless of who is in charge.

But aside from the known risk factors, CV doesn't play favorites any more than Cancer does. And in this case, since we don't have a treatment for CV, rich or not, you face the same odds.

Comment

That is total nonsense. Yes its true that the rich have better access to health care, just like they have better access to everything. That's just the way the world is and always has been, regardless of who is in charge.

But aside from the known risk factors, CV doesn't play favorites any more than Cancer does. And in this case, since we don't have a treatment for CV, rich or not, you face the same odds.
                          so it's just a coincidence that Covid19 kills far more smallfolk (proportionately) right?

BloJo only had lesser symptoms, King Don only has lesser symptoms etc. if rasPutin gets it (one can only hope but that rusky takes too many precautions) you can bet he too will breeze through it

just coincidence right?

cancer took out bigshots like David Koch, what's Covid19 waiting for?

Comment

so it's just a coincidence that Covid19 kills far more smallfolk (proportionately) right?
                            No, it's degree of exposure and access to medical care.

Poor people tend to be in close contact with more people, because of the nature of work, use of public transport and larger social circle.

Poor people, especially in countries where healthcare is expensive, also tend to write off covid-related symptoms as something minor because they don't want to skip work unless absolutely necessary, and they put off medical treatment for fear of getting stuck with huge bills. Poor people are also more prone to attempting all sorts of "alternative medicine".

Quite a few "big shots" died from corona actually, just google it.
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

if those are just artificially created antibodies (serum?) not a complex vaccine with additives like aluminium adjuvants & what not then there shouldn't be a risk
                              you dont turn down a freebie when you've nothing to lose
                              You do if the freebie might be a trap.
                              That's just it. Without proper trials and testing, which is a long and time-consuming process, you don't know what you might lose from a new vaccine.
                              We (as a species) don't know as much about medicine as the health care industry would like us to think we do. My prior Prim. care physician reminded me about that on several occasions. Was one of the things I liked about her, she was totally honest.

Comment

The antibodies go away with time (though your immune system remembers and that offers some protection if you've been previously infected). I have a coworker who got covid in late April (while we were shutdown), she recently had an antibody test done and she was told she had a very low antibody count, like they were almost all gone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X