Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Yes, the advent of the coronials.

Maybe the fading of our last baby boom will bring about the next one.
    The aging boomers have absolutely nothing to do with the rise of CV. Shouldn't you be placing the blame at the proper feet?

If there does turn out to be a spike in births 7-10 months from now, we know what the cause was, and it wasn't the boomers.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      The aging boomers have absolutely nothing to do with the rise of CV. Shouldn't you be placing the blame at the proper feet?

If there does turn out to be a spike in births 7-10 months from now, we know what the cause was, and it wasn't the boomers.
      You only exist because people shagged after WW2.
      It's life over despair and hopelessness.
      Get a clue dude.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Possible correlation between vitamin D and mortality rate
        https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...-mortality.amp
        Researchers looked at data, and correlated from it that suffering from a vitamin-D difficiency contributed to a higher mortality rate from covid-19 complications.

It apparently keeps the cytokine storm from the immune system at bay, which is the cause of many covid-19 related fatalities.

A whole lot more study needs to be done, outside of the data-box. This is a study which never even saw one ounce of vitamin-D up close, so researchers and scientists alike have no idea what vitD actually does, but it's well worth a trip down science lane, so stocking up is useless.

If the correlation is real that could also be a factor in African americans being disproportionately affected by this virus. The darker your skin the harder it can be to absorb vitamin D.
        The Tech Insider article I read, did indeed point this out as a reason to why the mortality rate for AA is as high as it is. However, many more aspects need to be taken into account why they are more affected here. It's not just because of vitD.

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
        I don't know if it is covid 19 or not, but the past week or so the pictures I could stomach to look at, because the last thing I want to see is a picture of the Donald, but it looks like he has lost a substantial amount of weight, he doesn't look like he did a few years ago. I think he may be sick, or on some sort of diet, I just don't know.
        Stress -- and considering how everyone in the world is always against him, I'm guessing he has his fair share of it too.

The job does tend to age you. Some prior occupants appear to have aged 20 years while in office.
        The previous occupant went in black haired and came out grey...

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        Told yah. This ain't gonna end well. NOT for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time.
        Anyone thinking otherwise, is either very naive or hasn't been paying attention.

I have a few of those in my group of colleagues, and unfortunately my teamlead is one of them who thinks all is still well with the monetary world of our company. I know it be otherwise, by means of insider information and having the right connections. She's gonna be in for a surprise.

...and do have a decent amount already in the freezer since I tend to do the ‘if it’s on sale get it while it’s cheap and freeze it’ shopper...
        Sounds like my sister.

Though, we've started ordering our meat products from a local butcher these past few months.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        gotta give it to Covid it sure dont waste time:

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/co...ons-end-2020-5

and this is in Germany where people are disciplined enough to follow the rules on their own
        It's called the Weekend-Effect.

We've opened to, stores and the likes. I expect our infection rate to fluctuate in the coming weeks. At the moment, we're well below a 100 infections a day, as are our deaths.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        yeah it wouldn't surprise me if these times make not getting married and having kids even more popular than it already is
        Trying times, these are.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Men and woman stuck at home, I expect a population explosion MG.
        Actually... COVID-19 baby boom? This new study suggests perhaps not

Looking at parenthood desires during the ongoing pandemic crisis in Italy, a team of experts, led by the University of Florence, carried out 1,482 online interviews. Their results, published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology, show that some 1,214 (81.9%) did not intend to conceive during the pandemic crisis.

This made me laugh... sorry.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Researchers looked at data, and correlated from it that suffering from a vitamin-D difficiency contributed to a higher mortality rate from covid-19 complications.

It apparently keeps the cytokine storm from the immune system at bay, which is the cause of many covid-19 related fatalities.

A whole lot more study needs to be done, outside of the data-box. This is a study which never even saw one ounce of vitamin-D up close, so researchers and scientists alike have no idea what vitD actually does, but it's well worth a trip down science lane, so stocking up is useless.

The Tech Insider article I read, did indeed point this out as a reason to why the mortality rate for AA is as high as it is. However, many more aspects need to be taken into account why they are more affected here. It's not just because of vitD.

Stress -- and considering how everyone in the world is always against him, I'm guessing he has his fair share of it too.

The previous occupant went in black haired and came out grey...

Anyone thinking otherwise, is either very naive or hasn't been paying attention.

I have a few of those in my group of colleagues, and unfortunately my teamlead is one of them who thinks all is still well with the monetary world of our company. I know it be otherwise, by means of insider information and having the right connections. She's gonna be in for a surprise.

Sounds like my sister.

Though, we've started ordering our meat products from a local butcher these past few months.

It's called the Weekend-Effect.

We've opened to, stores and the likes. I expect our infection rate to fluctuate in the coming weeks. At the moment, we're well below a 100 infections a day, as are our deaths.

Trying times, these are.

Actually... COVID-19 baby boom? This new study suggests perhaps not

Looking at parenthood desires during the ongoing pandemic crisis in Italy, a team of experts, led by the University of Florence, carried out 1,482 online interviews. Their results, published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology, show that some 1,214 (81.9%) did not intend to conceive during the pandemic crisis.

This made me laugh... sorry.
          well I suspect that not getting married and having kids was already starting to become popular due largely to the very high cost of living in many areas here in the US, along with large amounts of debt largely from student loans....getting increasingly difficult just for single people to make ends meet, let alone those who have a family to support

Comment

It's life over despair and hopelessness.
            Get a clue dude.
            And what on earth does that have to do with SD's speculation that the boomers caused the CV outbreak?

You youngsters are quite incapable of being honest about anything, even with yourselves. We know where this virus came from, and it ain't the boomers. You would rather deceive yourselves in order to be politically correct.

Comment

You youngsters are quite incapable of being honest about anything, even with yourselves. We know where this virus came from, and it ain't the boomers. You would rather deceive yourselves in order to be politically correct.
              Still calling it the China Virus, I see...

Though, if you feel like throwing PC out the window, I have a better suggestion -- Wuhan Flu -- even if it's nothing like the flu but neither was the Spanish Flu so it's okay.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And what on earth does that have to do with SD's speculation that the boomers caused the CV outbreak?

I read what Sky said as, though there are lots of old people (baby boomers) dying because of covid, it (covid) may also be the cause of lots of babies being born. Or something along those lines. I could be wrong, but I didn't read what Sky said as blaming boomers for the virus.
                Last edited by VampyreWraith; 12 May 2020, 06:28 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  I read what Sky said as, though there are lots of old people (baby boomers) dying because of covid, it (covid) may also be the cause of lots of babies being born. Or something along those lines. I could be wrong, but I didn't read what Sky said as blaming boomers for the virus.
                  It could be a poor choice of words on Sky's part, maybe that wasn't what she intended to say, but as posted, it certainly reads to me as she's saying the dying out of the boomers are the cause of the next boom

Originally Posted by Skydiver
                  In fact, if you think about it, that is highly unlikely. The female boomers are well beyond their childbearing years at this point, so it's not the boomers that might cause a new boom. It's the youngsters who are cooped up at home with nothing to do that would be doing that.....

As written, it's just another attempt by the young ones to blame their troubles on the boomers. There is really nothing new about that, every generation does it. Been there, done that, et al.

All I'm suggesting is that we be honest. There is no doubt where this virus originated. But we can't speak the truth about things today because we are afraid we might offend someone. That very attitude offends me.
                  Last edited by Annoyed; 12 May 2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Still calling it the China Virus, I see...

Though, if you feel like throwing PC out the window, I have a better suggestion -- Wuhan Flu -- even if it's nothing like the flu but neither was the Spanish Flu so it's okay.
                    Is it a flu or is it virus? It's been tagged as a "virus", but the origin is conveniently missing.

Comment

Is it a flu or is it virus? It's been tagged as a "virus", but the origin is conveniently missing.
                      flu IS a virus....namely the influenza virus

what we colloquially call "stomach flu" isn't really the flu as it's not caused by any strain of influenza but mostly by a family of viruses called noroviruses (some stomach illnesses might have bacterial causes)

this bug is a virus as well....from a family of viruses called coronaviruses...which we've actually dealt with before...the original SARS illness was caused by a coronavirus strain....so not sure why we can't just modify existing treatments and vaccines that might exist for SARS and adapt it to be effective against what I'll call SARS 2.0 for this bug

Comment

At no point in time did I blame boomers for the virus. Simply noting that the boomers - those born after WWII are reaching the end of their lives (them being 70 years of age plus) thus are slowly being out numbered by those that came after them.

i had a class that spoke about the generations and in that class it was mentioned that we were on the cusp of the next generation and just needed a defining event. This pandemic certainly qualifies as one.

The Coronials and Quaranteens has been a joke that’s been around since the beginning of this issue.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It could be a poor choice of words on Sky's part, maybe that wasn't what she intended to say, but as posted, it certainly reads to me as she's saying the dying out of the boomers are the cause of the next boom

In fact, if you think about it, that is highly unlikely. The female boomers are well beyond their childbearing years at this point, so it's not the boomers that might cause a new boom. It's the youngsters who are cooped up at home with nothing to do that would be doing that.....

As written, it's just another attempt by the young ones to blame their troubles on the boomers. There is really nothing new about that, every generation does it. Been there, done that, et al.

All I'm suggesting is that we be honest. There is no doubt where this virus originated. But we can't speak the truth about things today because we are afraid we might offend someone. That very attitude offends me.

As written to me it reads, maybe old boomers dying will bring about new boomers being born. I still don't think reads it as blaming boomers for the outbreak.

Edit: I just noticed Sky explained what she meant as I was typing my reply to you.
                          Last edited by VampyreWraith; 12 May 2020, 07:02 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

As one baby boom (the post war boomers) start to decline - meaning reach the end of their lives and start to decline in number - we may be facing the next ‘baby boom’, quarantine babies.

Baby booms after major sequestered events are quite common. After major storms or blizzards there is often a small baby boom 9 months later - as said in the original post, males, females, nothing but time...nature takes its course.

And that explanation is enough on that. FOlks wanna be offended, go for it.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              flu IS a virus....namely the influenza virus

what we colloquially call "stomach flu" isn't really the flu as it's not caused by any strain of influenza but mostly by a family of viruses called noroviruses (some stomach illnesses might have bacterial causes)

this bug is a virus as well....from a family of viruses called coronaviruses...which we've actually dealt with before...the original SARS illness was caused by a coronavirus strain....so not sure why we can't just modify existing treatments and vaccines that might exist for SARS and adapt it to be effective against what I'll call SARS 2.0 for this bug
                              I'm aware that "the flu" is really a virus, but colloquially, all of those variations have been tagged as flu, while this, SARS, HIV and others have been colloquially tagged as "viruses".

Vaccines work by showing the body a sample of the virus or bug it's expected to fight, the body's immune system learns to recognize it, and is from then on able to strike at a matching invader nearly instantly, preventing it from getting a foothold. As far as I understand it, for a vaccine to be effective, the sample must be identical or very nearly identical to what you want to vaccinate against. This is why some years the flu vaccine is effective, other years it is nearly useless; the health authorities make an educated guess as to the specific strain or strains that they expect to be prevalent that year. Sometimes their guess is spot on, other years, not so much.

Comment

At no point in time did I blame boomers for the virus. Simply noting that the boomers - those born after WWII are reaching the end of their lives (them being 70 years of age plus) thus are slowly being out numbered by those that came after them.

i had a class that spoke about the generations and in that class it was mentioned that we were on the cusp of the next generation and just needed a defining event. This pandemic certainly qualifies as one.

The Coronials and Quaranteens has been a joke that’s been around since the beginning of this issue.
                                So has the term " #Boomer Remover ".

Comment

Working...
                                X