X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Possible correlation between vitamin D and mortality rate

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...-mortality.amp
    Shush. Now Cuomo will blame this for NY's high infection rates. (Exposure to the sun helps the body generate Vit. D.) and as you know, we have these things call winter and clouds. I remember one year we went 3 months without seeing the sun.

Comment

Possible correlation between vitamin D and mortality rate

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...-mortality.amp

If the correlation is real that could also be a factor in African americans being disproportionately affected by this virus. The darker your skin the harder it can be to absorb vitamin D.

I agree that people don’t need to hoard supplements. That said if you already have it, can’t hurt to take it. Because vitamin D also helps with iron and calcium absorption I believe.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Shush. Now Cuomo will blame this for NY's high infection rates. (Exposure to the sun helps the body generate Vit. D.) and as you know, we have these things call winter and clouds. I remember one year we went 3 months without seeing the sun.
        NY's high infection rates mostly come from nyc's population density (and people commuting into the city from the surrounding suburbs), that's why the downstate area had/has the most infections, he doesn't need to look elsewhere.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          If the correlation is real that could also be a factor in African americans being disproportionately affected by this virus. The darker your skin the harder it can be to absorb vitamin D.

I agree that people don’t need to hoard supplements. That said if you already have it, can’t hurt to take it. Because vitamin D also helps with iron and calcium absorption I believe.
          Yeah, hoarding supplements or taking too much wouldn't be a good thing. I know there are a lot of different dosages of it, so I don't think it would be a great idea to stock up on all the different types and start taking them. If someone isn't already taking it, and they want to start, they probably should talk to their doctor or at least a pharmacist about what dosage would be good even for just their general well being before they start overdosing on vitamins.
          sigpic

Comment

Obviously yes, double check with your doctor. That said, I have OTC vitamin D tablets that are 1000 IU which is 250% the recommended daily allowance, which suggests to me that your body naturally purges any extra (like it does vitamin C). Unlike my iron pills which are ‘one a day, no more’. (The average human body does also purge extra iron but you can overdose and get sick from it as well)

I guess what I’m saying is, if you have some, can’t hurt.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

not sure about the purging part
              you can still overdose on D & one of the side effects (at least in lab mice) is...accelerated aging

speeding up the clock, not a fave among most people I say :|

nb. if you take D (D3 only) you also better take K to go with it (K2 only). apparently there's some sort of critical balance between those 2
              snag is good K2 sources are scarce

Comment

NY's high infection rates mostly come from nyc's population density (and people commuting into the city from the surrounding suburbs), that's why the downstate area had/has the most infections, he doesn't need to look elsewhere.
                Oh, I know that, I was being facetious.

Comment

Obviously yes, double check with your doctor. That said, I have OTC vitamin D tablets that are 1000 IU which is 250% the recommended daily allowance, which suggests to me that your body naturally purges any extra (like it does vitamin C). Unlike my iron pills which are ‘one a day, no more’. (The average human body does also purge extra iron but you can overdose and get sick from it as well)

I would think you could get all the Vitamin D you want by drinking a lot of milk.

Comment

I would think you could get all the Vitamin D you want by drinking a lot of milk.
                    myth

milk by itself has no vitD not even organic grassfed raw milk (it must be enriched)

Comment

Dude!!
                      I have to open another tab to sort through this mess
                      Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      In my area, the local shops are considerably more expensive than the ones 3 bus stops away, near my old apartment. Also there are no non-kosher shops in my new area.
                      My "local" is still a major supermarket chain, so the prices are fine. Yes at your "corner store" you will get charged more because they rely more on margin that turnover. As for things being "kosher" or not, well that's not something I want to deal with in this thread.

Originally posted by Womble
                      It's a beginning trend, and probably more prevalent in some places and less in others. But I'm seeing a lot of it in big supermarkets.
                      The power of using purchacing power over margins. Even in your own industry you know that. You will book the "best deal" for a customer if you know 10 more will come in to get that deal on a flight (and they will)

Originally posted by Womble
                      I don't mind everything going online; people don't go to electrical appliances or kitchenware shops to socialize.
                      No, they don't, but that is not my point. It's seeing other people, being around them, having a sense of community, even when the jerk in front of you pisses you off. I'm talking about the pure isolation factor here Womble.
                      But the online retail's failure point is their offline arm - processing, delivery and service. Right now, they just aren't up to the task.
                      Sure, that could definately be an issue, but let me ask, before all this happened, were you happy with that side of things?
                      The company I work for just hired thousands of new staff, and now they cannot get shifts because the workload has normalized. They are encouraging people to become delivery drivers rather than in store workers now to cover that delivery deficit you are seeing now, but not everyone drives, as you know.
                      A second job is never relaxing; it usually means that the first job isn't bringing enough money.
                      I was looking at it from the perspective that a second job can be used to find something more personally fulfilling, not so much the money aspect. Perhaps the use of the word "job" was incorrect in this case. "A hobby that pays as well?"
                      Hi-tech pros used to make 20k shekels monthly will hardly switch to home service computer repairs that'll earn less than a third of that.
                      Not switch, do it for fun or relaxation. You would be suprised how many "high pressure" employees actually enjoy just giving up that control and doing something more personal and meaningful for the individual in front of them.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't know if it is covid 19 or not, but the past week or so the pictures I could stomach to look at, because the last thing I want to see is a picture of the Donald, but it looks like he has lost a substantial amount of weight, he doesn't look like he did a few years ago. I think he may be sick, or on some sort of diet, I just don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                          I don't know if it is covid 19 or not, but the past week or so the pictures I could stomach to look at, because the last thing I want to see is a picture of the Donald, but it looks like he has lost a substantial amount of weight, he doesn't look like he did a few years ago. I think he may be sick, or on some sort of diet, I just don't know.
                          The job does tend to age you. Some prior occupants appear to have aged 20 years while in office.

Comment

The job does tend to age you. Some prior occupants appear to have aged 20 years while in office.
                            yeah I know that, I just wonder if there is more to it than that.

Comment

yeah I don't think excess vitamin D gets purged...at least not very quickly

vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat soluble and with fat soluble vitamins they don't get purged as quickly and can build up to toxic levels more easily

on the other hand vitamins B and C are water soluble....so if you overdose on those you can just drink extra water and flush the excess via your urinary tract

Comment

Well with two whitehouse staff allegedly having tested positive to Covid 19 it would worry him. Then again he might be suffering from his disinfectant injections.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X