No announcement yet.

The Covid19 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you rub in that you have the more effective vaccine?

Why wasn't Jelgate invited to the get together. This must be how Soul feels
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Do you rub in that you have the more effective vaccine?

Damn... missed an opportunity...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As of last Thursday I am officially fully vaccinated!
        It marked the 2 weeks after the 2nd shot.

Comment

Yesterday at work, someone in drive-thru said to me, "They actually make you wear that mask?" I told them I had to because Codington county (where my city is located), is now considered a hot spot for COVID (Delta), but she just shook her head and laughed. I got mad and told her to please not joke about it as I had COVID and it's real. Then I told them thank you and moved them forward.

My brother had it, I had it, and thousands of people have died from it. This virus is REAL! If wearing a mask is the least I can do to stop the new virus strains, even though I've been fully vaccinated, then it's a small price to pay. Besides, at work, it's the rules, and I could be written up and/or fired for not wearing one. I need my job, so I'll do what they ask of me. Ok rant over...
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Masks are still the rule everywhere inside over here, and people get told to wear them properly or wear them full stop.

Went to Ikea today and yesterday, and today a couple entered without masks. A security guy immediately made them aware and they didn't make a fuss about it. I guess they simply forgot.
            However, a lot of people still don't know that it goes over both nose and mouth. Saw plenty of folks who had their dicks... I mean, noses out.

At my office space, masks are the rule when walking around and when a 6ft distance cannot be guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              As of last Thursday I am officially fully vaccinated!
              It marked the 2 weeks after the 2nd shot.
              So... no adverse reaction(s) after the 2 week observation period?
              I have waited very long to ask you (FH) this, because you are my vaccine twin (Pfizer), so to speak. I still have a lump in my armpit. Doctors did different tests and said "nothing abnormal". So, now it's either wait for the fluid lump to diminish on its own, or get a biopsy to find out *what* is swollen. None of the medical people ID'd exactly *what* was swollen... is it my artery/vein or lymph node(s)?

I do think after 3 months from the 2nd vaccine this swelling should have disappeared, but NO, it's still there. It has gone down, but only slightly. So, I don't know what either caused the swelling or is blocking the area from spreading, or if it has already let some of those nanoparticles in the vaccine to sneak past the swollen fluid zone and into other parts of my body, yet. I'll know if worse happens in due time.

UPDATE... I did hear recent news that someone else my hubby knows got a swollen armpit after his 1st Pfizer vaccine. The guy is young and in his late 20's. So, basically, this swollen reaction is NOT picky over what age group it happens in or gender. At least that tidbit of info narrows the field to something physically in the vaccine that is causing this type of reaction.

Plus, I'm not sure if this is vaccine related, but there are times during the day when my blood pressure or sugar level drops off the scale... it's low enough to put me to sleep almost instantly (sort of like fainting?). I have had issues of dizziness, but that might also be lymph node related. I have increased my magnesium (doctor recommended it), and just hope I am not eating too many nuts... which need to be pulverized during chewing to prevent diverticulitis. One thing always leads to another and another... never ending story.
              *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                No adverse reactions whatsoever after the 24h reaction right after the 2nd shot.
                It's been absolute smooth sailing for me.

I have waited very long to ask you (FH) this, because you are my vaccine twin (Pfizer), so to speak.
                My sister's lymphnodes had a party going on for a few days but after that no adverse effects were had and she too is considered fully vaccinated (since last wednesday).

I still have a lump in my armpit. Doctors did different tests and said "nothing abnormal". So, now it's either wait for the fluid lump to diminish on its own, or get a biopsy to find out *what* is swollen. None of the medical people ID'd exactly *what* was swollen... is it my artery/vein or lymph node(s)?
                I'm not a medical expert but I think keeping an eye on it would be a good idea.

Plus, I'm not sure if this is vaccine related, but there are times during the day when my blood pressure or sugar level drops off the scale... it's low enough to put me to sleep almost instantly (sort of like fainting?). I have had issues of dizziness...
                My best friend's mother had some dizzyspells and even fainted the day after getting her shot, but she got AstraZeneca.

Tinitus -- you know the ringing in one's ear -- was apparently added as a side effect of the Pfizer shot but I have had that on and off in a light form before Pfizer came along so definitely not one of mine.

Comment

From October 1st onward, most facemask mandates will be lifted in both Flanders and Walloon.
                  The vaccination percentage in the Brussels region is too low -- there they can't be lifted yet.

Facemasks will only be mandatory on public transport, events which do not make use of the covid safe pass, and professions where there is a lot of contact between people (such as medical professions, hairdressers, ...)

Events making use of the covid safe pass won't have to adhere to facemasks nor the 1.5 meter social distance.

A covid safe pass can be obtained 3 different ways:
                  1) being fully vaccinated (generally 14 days after the second shot, or 4 weeks after the one J&J shot)
                  2) negative PCR test -- less than 24h old
                  3) certificate of temporary immunity due to having had covid (time limit of 6 months after infection)

---

In other news... my 2 direct colleagues are not vaccinated by choice, which I accidently discovered when I mentioned that an upcoming event in our company might be making use of the covid safe pass. They don't even want to get tested for it, and the immunity certificate of one of them will have expired in October by then.

Yes, one of them got seriously ill with the Delta variation in April and her husband had to be put on oxygen. He's the one who was told in the ER that if he had waited just a little longer, they wouldn't have been able to help him anymore. Yet, he still doesn't want to be vaccinated.

Apparently they saw a video on Youtube... that's when I clenched my jaw shut so tight it hurt.

I want to troll them senseless -- I know, not cool -- but I've had it up to here (way above my head) with people who choose not get vaccinated for reasons which have little to no validity.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    From October 1st onward, most facemask mandates will be lifted in both Flanders and Walloon.
                    The vaccination percentage in the Brussels region is too low -- there they can't be lifted yet.

Facemasks will only be mandatory on public transport, events which do not make use of the covid safe pass, and professions where there is a lot of contact between people (such as medical professions, hairdressers, ...)

Events making use of the covid safe pass won't have to adhere to facemasks nor the 1.5 meter social distance.

A covid safe pass can be obtained 3 different ways:
                    1) being fully vaccinated (generally 14 days after the second shot, or 4 weeks after the one J&J shot)
                    2) negative PCR test -- less than 24h old
                    3) certificate of temporary immunity due to having had covid (time limit of 6 months after infection)
                    We have something similar here, but masks are mandatory indoors. Problem is, people are tired and annoyed, especially since it's Middle Eastern summer still. When I take a bus (can't always take the scooter), half the people on the bus don't wear masks and the drivers have mostly given up on trying to make them. Irritates me. My mom says that it's the same in Germany these days.

In other news... my 2 direct colleagues are not vaccinated by choice, which I accidently discovered when I mentioned that an upcoming event in our company might be making use of the covid safe pass. They don't even want to get tested for it, and the immunity certificate of one of them will have expired in October by then.

Yes, one of them got seriously ill with the Delta variation in April and her husband had to be put on oxygen. He's the one who was told in the ER that if he had waited just a little longer, they wouldn't have been able to help him anymore. Yet, he still doesn't want to be vaccinated.

Apparently they saw a video on Youtube... that's when I clenched my jaw shut so tight it hurt.

I want to troll them senseless -- I know, not cool -- but I've had it up to here (way above my head) with people who choose not get vaccinated for reasons which have little to no validity.
                    Oh, I know entirely too many such people. Some of my friends and former coworkers seem to have lost it completely, and their rants against vaccination and Covid rules crop up on my Facebook feed every day.

I once told someone who "saw a video on youtube" that I saw a video that plumbers get paid in sex instead of money as soon as they come through the front door of a girl's apartment, but my acquantance who is a plumber says that you still need to fix the leaks. Let's just say it did not go over well...
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      I once told someone who "saw a video on youtube" that I saw a video that plumbers get paid in sex instead of money as soon as they come through the front door of a girl's apartment, but my acquantance who is a plumber says that you still need to fix the leaks. Let's just say it did not go over well...

Damn, I missed an opportunity...

Comment

I have waited very long to ask you (FH) this, because you are my vaccine twin (Pfizer), so to speak. I still have a lump in my armpit. Doctors did different tests and said "nothing abnormal". So, now it's either wait for the fluid lump to diminish on its own, or get a biopsy to find out *what* is swollen. None of the medical people ID'd exactly *what* was swollen... is it my artery/vein or lymph node(s)?

I do think after 3 months from the 2nd vaccine this swelling should have disappeared, but NO, it's still there. It has gone down, but only slightly. So, I don't know what either caused the swelling or is blocking the area from spreading, or if it has already let some of those nanoparticles in the vaccine to sneak past the swollen fluid zone and into other parts of my body, yet. I'll know if worse happens in due time.

UPDATE... I did hear recent news that someone else my hubby knows got a swollen armpit after his 1st Pfizer vaccine. The guy is young and in his late 20's. So, basically, this swollen reaction is NOT picky over what age group it happens in or gender. At least that tidbit of info narrows the field to something physically in the vaccine that is causing this type of reaction.

Plus, I'm not sure if this is vaccine related, but there are times during the day when my blood pressure or sugar level drops off the scale... it's low enough to put me to sleep almost instantly (sort of like fainting?). I have had issues of dizziness, but that might also be lymph node related. I have increased my magnesium (doctor recommended it), and just hope I am not eating too many nuts... which need to be pulverized during chewing to prevent diverticulitis. One thing always leads to another and another... never ending story.
                        *sigh*
                        well, at least you got vaxxed despite what seems to be concerns? i dont know if there is much of any way for any Dr to determine if those lumps are from a vax or just coincidental to other health issues

i have had lumps on my body before, gone to the Dr only to have them look, push on it with their finger and say "aw, its nothing" and they eventually went away

i got the JJ 1 shot at the Vet Admin back in april-ZERO side effects

and since i have beebn doinga lot of reading on actual med data/ research, esp from Israel, the nation that was first to have so many of its pop total vaxxed-- like over 60% by march 1st -- and has been seeing breakthrough infections, though not that serious, among those vaxxed. leading the med ppl stating they believe the pfizer vax- most used in israel then- has a 6- 7 month efficacy period. that and me having several med issues, including a auto immune issue. i talked with both my VA dr and my local Dr and decided to get TOTALLY vaxxed-- no whimpy boosters!-- again with the moderna. second shot was at beginning of Sept

so 1 shot Jj in april= 1st total vax. 2 shot moderna aug.sept = 2nd total vax = doubelvaxxed! not messing around waiting for "gvt approval" and then the lines and appointments yo cannever seem to get made- ever again

just walked into walmart, asked what vax they had, they only had moderna, said i wanted vaxxed, they gave me a form to fill out, took my insurance card and id. when pharmacist came in to give me my shot, i showed her my vax card from the VA, she said no problem "we have no guidance either way from either the CDC, the state health dept or the CDC" HUH?!?!

BUT AGAIN zero issues

I have been telling ppl i know who got vaxxed 5 months ago or more to go back and get fully vaxxed again and not to wait for the Govt to announce or its going to be a crap show trying to schedule again

Comment

So..anyone seen that gatefan76 guy?

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                            So..anyone seen that gatefan76 guy?
                            Not heard from for a very long time.
                            Neither did we Annoyed.

In other news, mask mandates are mostly lifted except on public transport, in medical professions and professions with a lot of interhuman contact (like hairdressers). Also, still mandatory in a couple of public places like the airport and train stations.

I'm still wearing one when I go shopping, even though I've been told twice now that it wasn't necessary to do so but when I told the person telling me that I still feel more at ease with one than without one, they understand... and even wear one themselves. They don't have to, not for my sake anyway.

My company reported last week that 95% of all employees are vaccinated. There are about 1500 people working at the company, spread out over several offices across the country. Yet, my team of three is only 1 in 3 vaccinated unfortunately -- me. 95%, though, is an acceptable number. Wish my 2 colleagues would get the shot(s) too but the choice is theirs and I have had to accept the idea that I could make them seriously ill were I to accidently infect them (should I get infected myself, which at this point has not happened (yet)).

Comment

Wish my 2 colleagues would get the shot(s) too but the choice is theirs and I have had to accept the idea that I could make them seriously ill were I to accidently infect them (should I get infected myself, which at this point has not happened (yet))
                              i forget.. are you in the US?

as for the quote.. i used to think like that. but it has gotten to the point where we are now so far into this, if people are still refusing to believe, accept, do what is necessary and move on.. I got nothing for them except my best wishes

i am NOT for these strong mandates either. i am a middle of the way guy. yes its their choice, and if they make the choice that is wrong and bad for their health, then THEY must deal with that if they get sick

We need to stop sacrificing for them when the majority of them are just simple basic hard headed, oppositional defiant refuseniks.

Its like they are afraid to get a shot or too lazy to wear a mask so they see the rest of us doing it and say "well, they are doing it, i'm good then" so THEY believe in "herd immunity" working for them, don't they. In that 'bystander effect' kind of way

med reasons for no shot? ok, maybe a few, there are not many. religious exemptions? if the 7th day Adventists and nearly all Amish and many other hardcore religious have come out and told their ppl to get vaxxed if they want-- what religion exactly are they a part of then?

its time, long time, for US to begin to reap the rewards of doing the right thing. the US govt needs to stop paying to treat those unvaxxed who get covid as well. unless they are on medicare.medicaid, chip, etc... time for that gravy train to end to.. Be responsible and get vaxxed, if not, you pay for the cost of treatment then.. becasue that has been a CRUTCH hasn't it "oh i aint getting no shot, but if i get da covid, i just get dem antibodies or regeneron like trump done did. Gummerment pay for it"

Nah.. end it now.. its a dependency crutch supporting stupidity or laziness or just fear.
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              I looked on at gatefans on the admin page.. gf76 used to come and lurk there, hasn't been there for awhile either. hope he just (only) got tired of forums.. well i haven't been here for awhile either, so

Comment

i forget.. are you in the US?
                                No, Belgium.

We don't have a mandatory vaccine mandate, though there's a precedent in the medical sector of a mandatory mandate for Hepatitis B, so they could use that to make it mandatory for care personnel.

We were all invited by age group so my first shot of Pfizer was June and then the second at the end of July. As a 40-year old, I fell right outside of the Astra Zeneca group and even J&J so I was really stoked about getting Pfizer, which I had hoped for. I wanted to be #TeamPfizer.

Religious exemptions? if the 7th day Adventists and nearly all Amish and many other hardcore religious have come out and told their ppl to get vaxxed if they want-- what religion exactly are they a part of then?
                                Also, the Vatican has issued that everyone has to be vaccinated within the city. They even send members of the Swiss Guard home who refused. Tourists have to be fully vaccinated or need to have tested negative before entering.

I know that the Muslim council over here made a note that the vaccine is safe and one does not go against Islamic teachings when choosing vaccination.

I looked on at gatefans on the admin page.. gf76 used to come and lurk there, hasn't been there for awhile either. hope he just (only) got tired of forums.. well i haven't been here for awhile either, so
                                He's an Aussie -- maybe he's taking lockdown really seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X