• Show
Clear All

Flat Earth Haiku

Kiss was never metal
    Lizards got tongue game

I bought Jelgate instead of Colgate
    Flat Earth.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Flat Earth Haiku

Kiss was never metal
      Lizards got tongue game

Flat Earth.
      Never claimed that KISS was metal, they're more in the hard rock genre.
      But whatever they claim to be, I'm not about to argue with a band that is still touring 45 years after they started. Whatever they did, clearly, they did it right.

And I will admit that Lizards do have fairly active tongues. But according to what I learned back in school, they use their tongues for smell. Boy, you critters are screwed up.

Back to music for a minute.. I think there is a difference in what constitutes heavy metal nowadays as compared to what it was a few decades back.

Queensrÿche, Metallica, Iron Maiden, classic Deep Purple and such are all what I consider to be good metal. Intelligent lyrics and music that has a melody, if a harsh one. Metallica's black album and Queensrÿche's Mindcrime are two of the best examples of the genre that I can think of.

This is probably a generational thing, but there are a lot of bands out there these days who wear the metal tag, but at least to my ears, their sound is just noise, people thrashing about on their instruments, producing something that sounds random and discordant to my ears. To me, that's not even music.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Never claimed that KISS was metal, they're more in the hard rock genre.
        But whatever they claim to be, I'm not about to argue with a band that is still touring 45 years after they started. Whatever they did, clearly, they did it right.

And I will admit that Lizards do have fairly active tongues. But according to what I learned back in school, they use their tongues for smell. Boy, you critters are screwed up.

Back to music for a minute.. I think there is a difference in what constitutes heavy metal nowadays as compared to what it was a few decades back.

Queensrÿche, Metallica, Iron Maiden, classic Deep Purple and such are all what I consider to be good metal. Intelligent lyrics and music that has a melody, if a harsh one. Metallica's black album and Queensrÿche's Mindcrime are two of the best examples of the genre that I can think of.

This is probably a generational thing, but there are a lot of bands out there these days who wear the metal tag, but at least to my ears, their sound is just noise, people thrashing about on their instruments, producing something that sounds random and discordant to my ears. To me, that's not even music.
        It's more about metal being divided into sub-genres as it expands. I'm not a huge fan of the likes of thrash or death metal either. But Symphonic Metal like Nightwish, Within Temptation or Delain I adore. Metal also in of itself is just so vast these days that it is it shouldn't really grouped together at all any more.

Gotta say Annoyed I might not agree with much of... well anything you say... But you have awesome taste in music.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          abstinence doesn't work? are you serious? so NOT having sex can still result in a baby? so pregnancies happen by magic now?
          And, aside from the unproven tale of the Virgin Mary, and technical interference, planting eggs/etc., name me even one instance in all of recorded history where keeping the pants on resulted in a pregnancy. Just one.
          I refer you to the replies made by P-90_177 below and Tood's.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Absolutely all of this. If you are open and frank with kids about sex from as soon as they begin being curious about such things then all evidence demonstrates that they are better prepared to handle the responsibility and take the necessary precautions when having sex. Preaching abstinence only just leads kids to draw away from parents and other responsible adults and attempt to educate themselves, and teens are notorious for being pretty bad at controlling themselves when they find eachother attractive. And for their overall mental health the last thing you want to be doing is telling kids that there is something dirty or wrong about their bodies and natural bodily functions and urges.
          "An effective sexual education curriculum is rooted in principles of consent and sexual and reproductive rights."
          Where's the part about sexual and reproductive responsibility?
          Covered in the same topic.

You can't, because abstinence is proven to be 100% effective every time it's used. That is why it should be the focus of sex education. Combine that with education on the devastating effect an unplanned pregnancy has a young person's life and you might have something that is at least somewhat effective.
          You continue living in your ignorant little abstinence world.

Here have an interesting article about The Psychology of Human Sexuality, for those lonely nights.

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
          what is it i need a 'pass' for?
          You're an American talking European history -- that's a very interesting combo.

It tends to lean to superficial knowledge more often than not, the same as we have a superficial knowledge of American history.

My history classes ranged from prehistoric Europe to modern day Europe (albeit modern day was closer to 2000 than 2019).
          I am literally surrounded by that history and have visited more than my fair share of medieval, ancient roman, ancient greek and celtic sites.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I suspect a marriage with Annoyed would be similar to Soul being married
          Speaking of Soul -- where is he hiding?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          We must consult with FH.
          I hate to break it to you but I wouldn't have the first clue.

Flat Earth Haiku

Kiss was never metal
          Lizards got tongue game

Flat Earth.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Check your basement FH
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Or the dishwasher, always check the dishwasher
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Maybe he is in the trash compactor

*turns on trash compactor*

We'll know shortly
                Jelgate is right

Comment

It's more about metal being divided into sub-genres as it expands. I'm not a huge fan of the likes of thrash or death metal either. But Symphonic Metal like Nightwish, Within Temptation or Delain I adore. Metal also in of itself is just so vast these days that it is it shouldn't really grouped together at all any more.

Gotta say Annoyed I might not agree with much of... well anything you say... But you have awesome taste in music.
                  Not too much into the melodic genre but I do enjoy some Be'lakor from time to time.

Annoyed got good taste yes but he made one irreparable mistake. The Black Album is the worst, that's the pivotal point that Metallica shifted from metal to commercial metal only touring with mainstream bands not deemed too "extreme". That's also when Hedfield *learned to sing* (boo).
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Not too much into the melodic genre but I do enjoy some Be'lakor from time to time.

Annoyed got good taste yes but he made one irreparable mistake. The Black Album is the worst, that's the pivotal point that Metallica shifted from metal to commercial metal only touring with mainstream bands not deemed too "extreme". That's also when Hedfield *learned to sing* (boo).
                    Agreed. Reckon it ultimately hurt them too. Definitely alienated a lot of their fan base.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Agreed. Reckon it ultimately hurt them too. Definitely alienated a lot of their fan base.
                      It sure didn't hurt them financially, most of their top singles are on the 91 album but yeah they sure became something else.

The music ain't bad I mean I love of wolf and man but I literally can't stand enter sandman anymore.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Obey your master MASTER.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Check your basement FH
                          Good luck finding anything in there without breaking your neck... He's doomed if he's in there.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hasn't he always been doomed
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Good luck finding anything in there without breaking your neck... He's doomed if he's in there.
                              So you broke his neck in the basement? Didn't take you for the violent type.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                So you broke his neck in the basement? Didn't take you for the violent type.
                                I heard she can get a little crazy when she smokes CO2 and GW while driving.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X