This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    So that'd be you in a couple years from now once retired? Guess we should dump you too?
    Nope. Nor any other legitimate retirees. Those that have worked and paid into the system throughout their working lives have earned that.

That's a far different circumstance from the hordes of people who just expect and somehow get the taxpayers to fund their existence through welfare and all the other programs that we have.

Comment

Why should we? The system will be long gone by the time people like Chaka and myself retire. Im tired of barely making ends meet because your generation wants to continue their cushy life. Maybe you should of saved you money for retirement. Its only kind of retirement I'll get
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Unemployment (or Annoyed's leaches) account for the lowest category of welfare funds usage. Problems?

So in short, that argument is invalid.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

He'll argue that we shouldn't be providing assistance for housing, children, or Medicaid. People should of planned better. Of course people have already disproven that argument but....
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Unemployment (or Annoyed's leaches) account for the lowest category of welfare funds usage. Problems?

You've got things backwards.
            Unemployment, is a very small percentage, as are the other things shown.

By far the largest aspect is welfare & medicaid. And jelgate's right. While some of this is unavoidable, how much of these two categories are made up of people who did plan poorly?

How many are people who just came into the country expecting the US taxpayer to support them?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              How many are people who just came into the country expecting the US taxpayer to support them?
              So here we go with your immigration fetish again. Well here's some news for ya:

43 percent of Medicaid recipients were white, 18 percent were African American and 30 percent were Hispanic in 2016. [Source: KFF]
              https://www.lexingtonlaw.com/blog/fi...tatistics.html

So if the major part are white Americans, it means they're not the migrants you so desperately blame for everything. Also that argument isn't one, simply because to receive welfare one needs to be American and therefore all the welfare recipients are full-fledged American citizens, just like you. Or are you suggesting there are two categories of Americans? Natives and non-natives? That'd be quite an unamerican thing to say wouldn't it?
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Now this time I'd like you to discuss the facts, not some made-up shiznits as you call it. How do you explain the majority of welfarers are actual white Americans?
                Spoiler:

Comment

Now this time I'd like you to discuss the facts, not some made-up shiznits as you call it. How do you explain the majority of welfarers are actual white Americans?
                  They are the lion's share of the population. Look at it in terms of percentages of each racial/ethnic (or whatever other group you want to look at.)

Comment

You've got things backwards.
                    Unemployment, is a very small percentage, as are the other things shown.

By far the largest aspect is welfare & medicaid. And jelgate's right. While some of this is unavoidable, how much of these two categories are made up of people who did plan poorly?

Probably very few since immigrants aren't eligible for welfare benefits for 5 years after entering the US.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Don't worry. The millennials will fill in living off the luxuries of welfare while Annoyed's generation will continue being the only generation of hard work
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Don't worry. The millennials will fill in living off the luxuries of welfare while Annoyed's generation will continue being the only generation of hard work
                        Indeed. Not like the generation before that won freedom from fascism and created welfare for the benefit of everyone or anything.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Probably very few since immigrants aren't eligible for welfare benefits for 5 years after entering the US.
                          If only that was the case. There are more ways around that than nature has little green apples. In fact, as I understand it, there are entire legal practices where lawyers help them do just that.

For ex. Enter US illegally. Have a child. Since child is automatically a citizen, it is entitled to welfare. As are the parents, grandparents, siblings, 4th cousins twice removed and so on and so on.

Comment

do these numbers include fed and state spending or just state?

Comment

wow, didnt take long for a thread about the flat earth and other craziness to turn into a political thread

Comment

If only that was the case. There are more ways around that than nature has little green apples. In fact, as I understand it, there are entire legal practices where lawyers help them do just that.

For ex. Enter US illegally. Have a child. Since child is automatically a citizen, it is entitled to welfare. As are the parents, grandparents, siblings, 4th cousins twice removed and so on and so on.
                                Don't forget the sentient tacos. A good conspiracy theory needs sentient tacos
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X