X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Thanks.
    I think we're all similar in that fashion otherwise we wouldn't be lurking here would we lol. Some are in just for the bacon or the MAGA though.
    I think we are all looking for either validation, or catharsis.

Fun comes after that
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Well well, look at that gem I just found. The Flat Earth Wiki.

What evidence do you have?
      The evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy. The simplest is by relying on ones own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us. The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the Sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world. This is using what's called an empirical approach, or an approach that relies on information from your senses. Alternatively, when using Descartes' method of Cartesian doubt to skeptically view the world around us, one quickly finds that the notion of a spherical world is the theory which has the burden of proof and not flat earth theory.

Perhaps the best example of flat earth proof is the Bedford Level Experiment. In short, this was an experiment performed many times on a six-mile stretch of water that proved the surface of the water to be flat. It did not conform to the curvature of the earth that round earth proponents teach.

Many other experiments demonstrating the lack of curvature in the earth may be found in Earth Not a Globe by Samuel Rowbotham, as well as in the Experimental Evidence section of this Wiki.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        like, dumb people?
        But we have Roo as an issue, Roo is unique to Aus, bacon isn't.
        i heard you have a stray cat issue too

can you get bacon from a feral cat?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Well well, look at that gem I just found. The Flat Earth Wiki.
          another example of this intellectual pestilence sweeping about

these ppl cannot just be sloughed off as 'kooks'. yes many are just plain old kooks but most of them are not

the modern day messiah of the FE movement is a video game design and testing tech

mark sargent (he no longer does the vid game thing as he makes money from being the FLAT EARTH pontiff)

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/hes-s...g-about-earth/

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            I think we are all looking for either validation, or catharsis.

Fun comes after that
            is there a catharsis thread here?

or a former gf.net member support group thread?

i am semi serious,its silly but it irritates me

GF76 and annoyed know what i am talking about (and any others who have done a legal online user- name change )

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
              i heard you have a stray cat issue too

can you get bacon from a feral cat?
              You sir have crossed a line. I will be waiting for your apology.

This is a silly thread mostly because the concept of a flat planet. But people can be stubborn even when facts contradict their POV
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                You sir have crossed a line. I will be waiting for your apology.

This is a silly thread mostly because the concept of a flat planet. But people can be stubborn even when facts contradict their POV
                I came here to channel my wrath upon flat earthers and I found feral cat bacon. This is blasphemy. I am not a baconist but there is only one true bacon, the pig bacon.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I come here to make people think, and have my thinking challenged.
                  The bacon is gravy.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

What if gravy is bacon?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      My generation was not given everything.
                      Yes, some circumstances were different, and in my opinion my generation ushered in many changes which were not all that good for our society as a whole, and that is an understatement. I disagreed with many of those changes.

But it wasn't the free ride that younger folks claim it was, they're making that claim to bolster their claim that they should be handed everything on a silver platter. Just to look at one issue, we still had to pay for college, many of us took on debt to do so, same as today.
                      Your generation was given much more than the generation before yours. I don't see you being in any hurry to relinquish any of it.

Your generation also lived in a different society. A country of 300 million people simply cannot sustain the same economy as the country of 180 million people and expect the same per-person prosperity. Economic structure is inextricably linked to population structure.

I don't imagine that you, by any chance, might remember why feudalism, a system founded on serfdom and inherited estates, collapsed in favor of capitalism?
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                        Your generation also lived in a different society. A country of 300 million people simply cannot sustain the same economy as the country of 180 million people and expect the same per-person prosperity. Economic structure is inextricably linked to population structure.
                        Why not? More people, yes, but that *should* more people producing goods and service, more people consuming them, every thing just grows larger.

The difference is that we now have a far higher percentage of non-productive people. That is what is unsustainable.

Comment

You're just attacking the symptoms not the problem
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Why not? More people, yes, but that *should* more people producing goods and service, more people consuming them, every thing just grows larger.

The difference is that we now have a far higher percentage of non-productive people. That is what is unsustainable.
                            By non-productive people you mean unemployed? Because the figures don't match that. Percentage wise last year's unemployment was 3.9% which is fairly on par with if not a bit lower in the average rate of unemployment throughout the 50's and 60's. Even when the crash hit in 2008 unemployment still remained well below 10% over the entire decade (it got closest in 2009 with about 9.5% unemployment bit then dropped sharply over the next few years after) which is still lower than some periods of economic downturn during the 70's and 80's. Of course no where near the 25% unemployment from the great depression.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              By non-productive people you mean unemployed? Because the figures don't match that. Percentage wise last year's unemployment was 3.9% which is fairly on par with if not a bit lower in the average rate of unemployment throughout the 50's and 60's. Even when the crash hit in 2008 unemployment still remained well below 10% over the entire decade (it got closest in 2009 with about 9.5% unemployment bit then dropped sharply over the next few years after) which is still lower than some periods of economic downturn during the 70's and 80's. Of course no where near the 25% unemployment from the great depression.
                              No, I'm not talking about the temporarily unemployed. I'm talking about the number of outright leeches.

Comment

No, I'm not talking about the temporarily unemployed. I'm talking about the number of outright leeches.
                                So that'd be you in a couple years from now once retired? Guess we should dump you too?
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X