Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny/Fun work experiences or fun Jobs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    It doesn't usually help to be able to tell them that, because it is likely to generate a follow-up complaint about poor service and shifts the focus from the customer's behavior to yours. A particularly crafty customer can deliberately provoke you into rude reaction in order to record it and put it up on social media without the context that allows people to actually judge the situation, and you end up in hot water. Why bother?

There are certain strategies to those conversations. One trick is to break the customer's expectations by actually answering questions which they expect to be treated as rhetorical.

"So you're saying that I booked my ticket like that? Do you think I'm stupid?"
    "The change fee applies regardless of your intelligence level."
    Employees are not allowed to tell customers off.. that's the point. The customers know they can be as stupid as they want to, and no one can say a word. If employees were allowed to tell them off, with management approval, people wouldn't be so stupid.

A good percentage of these idiots are just angling for free shiznit anyway, in order to compensate them for their stupidity, which of course is the company's fault.

Comment

That is what the back is for. To mock their stupidity
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        That is what the back is for. To mock their stupidity
        ^^^ Completely Agree!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franksixer View Post
          Damn @Chaka-Z0! That's a pretty crazy one dude! I appreciate you posting in what I think is a fun off topic thread. That was definitely a good read, and definitely worth reading...I'm glad you're safe and everything's okay and the robber was a stupid dumbass

If that happened where I live, you could bet the guy would change outfits, get a different car, and definitely came back.. people here are real scumbags, and I only use that word because I can't curse on the forums LOL

Or maybe you do bear a resemblance to Chuck Norris, Vin Diesel, or Jack Bauer... And he was just terrified

So side note, I mentioned this earlier but then Chaka-Z0 posted a crazy story! Is anybody interested on hearing a cool story that is kind of funny? I will not be hurt if someone says no... But I think personally it's a cool story to share... But as I said earlier, I have to type it on my phone and I don't want to do that if there isn't at least JUST ONE person interested in reading it. So if you are that one person please be vocal whether it's here or a PM

Either one is fine, like I said it's a cool story but there are some funny bits, anyway thanks @Chaka-Z0 again for sharing that. That was a pretty crazy one to say the least! Lol -

Cheers ladies and gentlemen,

-Frank
          Or they'd be trying to rob whole foods and be terrified at the sight of me dragging a load of 50+ carts all by myself (which I've actually done...till my back, which, like the rest of me, is rapidly approaching 40 years of age, started complaining ) and be like..."let's get outta here...that guy's probably bullet proof as well"

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            Or they'd be trying to rob whole foods and be terrified at the sight of me dragging a load of 50+ carts all by myself (which I've actually done...till my back, which, like the rest of me, is rapidly approaching 40 years of age, started complaining ) and be like..."let's get outta here...that guy's probably bullet proof as well"
            I'm not sure a "liberal bastion" like whole foods would attract a lot of criminals...……..
            More seriously, stop doing that with carts, no one in the company will give a rat's arse if you do the job quicker or better because at 20, you are probably beating the next dude by 100%.
            Have pride in your work ethic, not your ability. Ethics don't cost a dime, pushing yourself does, as I am sure I can tell you, and so can Annoyed.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              I'm not sure a "liberal bastion" like whole foods would attract a lot of criminals...……..
              More seriously, stop doing that with carts, no one in the company will give a rat's arse if you do the job quicker or better because at 20, you are probably beating the next dude by 100%.
              Have pride in your work ethic, not your ability. Ethics don't cost a dime, pushing yourself does, as I am sure I can tell you, and so can Annoyed.
              I was gonna say "Wait till you're on the high side of 60."

And although this is a bit of a leap, a place like WF might actually draw more criminal interest than a lower end market. They cater to a richer clientele, so the customers are richer, and the store's prices are higher that a mass market chain, so the store might have higher receipts to steal. Although little of it would be cash; mostly credit/debit cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                I was gonna say "Wait till you're on the high side of 60."
                You are not pushing that much weight at your age, I would not do it at my age, but I DID do it at MG's age. I am just saying to MG don't wreck yourself for people who will not care.
                And although this is a bit of a leap, a place like WF might actually draw more criminal interest than a lower end market. They cater to a richer clientele, so the customers are richer, and the store's prices are higher that a mass market chain, so the store might have higher receipts to steal. Although little of it would be cash; mostly credit/debit cards.
                ……...Which sorta destroys your own argument. Where is the interest without the cash?
                sigpic

Comment

oh they knew I have a solid work ethic too...I just did it that way cuz I wanted to get some good exercise in as I was also pretty heavy at the time as well....but yeah if there's a load that big againI would definitely draft someone to steer from the front while I push from the back (or the other way around)...as what was wrecking my back was the double strain of dragging AND steering a load that big...my back could still support either dragging or steering a load that big but not both at once

and yes they did mention to me to be more careful as I'd be no good t them to have their most reliable cart person/cashier assistant go out on permanent disability

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    oh they knew I have a solid work ethic too...I just did it that way cuz I wanted to get some good exercise in as I was also pretty heavy at the time as well....but yeah if there's a load that big againI would definitely draft someone to steer from the front while I push from the back (or the other way around)...as what was wrecking my back was the double strain of dragging AND steering a load that big...my back could still support either dragging or steering a load that big but not both at once

and yes they did mention to me to be more careful as I'd be no good t them to have their most reliable cart person/cashier assistant go out on permanent disability
                    I know you are/were a big dude MG, I'm just saying that doing that is not actually helpful to loose weight.
                    More reps at lower weight will actually help you more. Low rep high weight is good for pure muscle building.
                    Fat people can have an amazing amount of muscle, hidden under a mass of fat as I am sure you know.

Just be careful man, I don't want you to have separated shoulders or torn forearm muscles like I do because I took "pride" in being able to do more than others quicker or faster for people who do not care.
                    Pride comes before the fall, yes?
                    sigpic

Comment

I know you are/were a big dude MG, I'm just saying that doing that is not actually helpful to loose weight.
                      More reps at lower weight will actually help you more. Low rep high weight is good for pure muscle building.
                      Fat people can have an amazing amount of muscle, hidden under a mass of fat as I am sure you know.

Just be careful man, I don't want you to have separated shoulders or torn forearm muscles like I do because I took "pride" in being able to do more than others quicker or faster for people who do not care.
                      Pride comes before the fall, yes?
                      Indeed it does and my wake up call for cutting back on the size of cart loads came on Christmas Day when I woke up that day and could hardly move....took me like 20 minutes just to get from my bedroom to the living room to play Santa...spent practically the whole rest of the day with a heating pad on my back....but yeah I've lost 30 - 40 lbs since I've started....might start losing more as spring and summer come around and I can incorporate more salads into my diet (I already cut back on the added sugars and the deep fried foods)

Comment

Since we're on the supermarket topic...When I was an ''alley clerk'' (not sure if that's the right term, the guy that fills the shelves with products)...

One day I went down to to the basement store to get some more cereal boxes. Those boxes were stored in the far end of the basement since its non-perishable stuff and don't get picked often. Anyway, so I go there and pick one box out of the pallet and to my surprise... there's a clerk right in the middle of the skid, sleeping like a baby!

Turns out the guy emptied the middle of the skid, made himself a little nest, surrounded himself with cereal boxes, rendering him virtually invisible. No wonder we'd been looking for the guy for hours.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I once got locked in the frozen foods freezer for about an hour when I worked at a grocery store
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                            Since we're on the supermarket topic...When I was an ''alley clerk'' (not sure if that's the right term, the guy that fills the shelves with products)...

One day I went down to to the basement store to get some more cereal boxes. Those boxes were stored in the far end of the basement since its non-perishable stuff and don't get picked often. Anyway, so I go there and pick one box out of the pallet and to my surprise... there's a clerk right in the middle of the skid, sleeping like a baby!

Turns out the guy emptied the middle of the skid, made himself a little nest, surrounded himself with cereal boxes, rendering him virtually invisible. No wonder we'd been looking for the guy for hours.
                            I presume he was fired about 10 min. later?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I once got locked in the frozen foods freezer for about an hour when I worked at a grocery store
                              What were they thinking when they let you out???
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                What were they thinking when they let you out???
                                They didn't want the food to be contaminated.

Comment

Working...
                                X