This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Yeah, buzzwords like Server and Homebrew.................
    In the bathroom?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      In the bathroom?
      Where else?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Maybe that is what North Carolina is worried about
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Maybe that is what North Carolina is worried about
          Transgendered servers in bathrooms getting hacked??
          Where is PH, we need the investigating hat!!
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            It's not the buzzwords, it's the sheer convenience. It's being able to shut your kids up by letting them watch Netflix on their iPad as you drive. It's being a road warrior and using your laptop on the move. It's being able to start up the air conditioner in your car from a phone app on a very hot day 10-15 minutes before you actually get out of your house and into your car. It's being able to use fingerprint authorization and two-factor identification instead of your car keys. It's integration with parking search&payment apps instead of driving around looking for a parking place and then looking for change to feed the parking meter. There's a lot of added value to a connected car.

And such a connected world can be hacked. ...... Yay. /sarc

One thing I learnt from Watch Dogs was that everyone can be hacked, homes can be hacked and cars can be stolen by smartphone....... Sure it's fictional but the real world is getting pretty damn close.

{LINK Removed.Unsafe for GW/browsers.}
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 June 2016, 01:04 AM.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

If servers gain genders, LGBTQWERTY will need a lot more letters in the acronym.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

If servers gain genders, LGBTQWERTY will need a lot more letters in the acronym.
                Wouldn't that be covered by questioning?
                sigpic

Comment

Hey, don't leave out AZERTY!

LGBTQA+
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Hey, don't leave out AZERTY!

LGBTQA+

Only the servers that like to hang out in bathrooms.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Would the version number be included?

Comment

*appears* *looks around*

....Look at all the tinfoil.. No wonder there's a shortage.. It's all in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          *appears* *looks around*

....Look at all the tinfoil.. No wonder there's a shortage.. It's all in here!
                          But, but, we need to investigate
                          Is the investigating hat made out of tinfoil?
                          sigpic

Comment

But, but, we need to investigate
                            Is the investigating hat made out of tinfoil?
                            I think there are enough tinfoil hats in here already...

So when does the end of internet freedom get here? It seems like it's been "just around the corner" for years..

Comment

So when does the end of internet freedom get here? It seems like it's been "just around the corner" for years..
                              Given the sharp rise of not just conservatism, but extreme conservatism across the world, I wonder sometimes if it is becoming a viable concern. Funny though, it seems to be some of the people who worry the most are causing this to happen at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

It's a slow process, and it takes major crises to advance it in the kind of leaps that are obvious to everybody.

My estimation is that it will take two to three decades. It will go faster once quantum computers are developed (because encryption will become useless).
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X