• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*holds out plate*

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      *holds out plate*
      Didn't work for Oliver, what makes you think it will work for you?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't think PH eats well. She holds out that plate at the slightest excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Didn't work for Oliver, what makes you think it will work for you?
          ah but there's a twist: this one's female

Comment

PH just wants to be included. She has had a life of being alone
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

*shuffles away with plate*

Comment

I was going to eat that
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The boneheadedness award of the day goes to Ynet for complaining that more than half the Israeli population earn less than the average salary.

Somebody please email them the dictionary definition of "average" and a textbook on the basics of economics.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                    The boneheadedness award of the day goes to Ynet for complaining that more than half the Israeli population earn less than the average salary.

Somebody please email them the dictionary definition of "average" and a textbook on the basics of economics.
                    Math is magic!!
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Unless y'all are all filthy rich, then their statement would be true...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Maybe I should go to Israel. I don't like being poor
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

it'd be stupid if they said everyone earned less than average

for instance take a population of 1 million
                          now suppose everyone except one, earns $1 a year. suppose the remaining person earns $1000000001 (I know that'd be impossible IRL - even under Trump)

so the total income's 1001000000. divide that by population & you get exactly $1001 average income (and 1001 nights for 999999 people to ponder on how lucky they are to have such a high average income)

so there you got a situation where everyone, except 1 person, earns less than average

if I'm not mistaken situations almost as extreme as this can be found in countries like Brazil & Saudi Arabia where the average income is high because of a small group of extremely wealthy individuals

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Unless y'all are all filthy rich, then their statement would be true...
                            Their statement is true; the problem with the statement is that it can't be otherwise.

Most people can't earn more than the median wage for the country for the same people why it's impossible for most people to , say, have higher than average IQ. An average wage is called that BECAUSE half the workforce earns less than that. In conditions of perfect economic balance, half the workforce would have income at or close to average, a quarter below average and a quarter above average. Because ideal balance like that doesn't actually happen anywhere, a higher-than-ideal level of economic inequality necessarily leads to more than half the population having lower-than-average income. It's the case in every single economy.

Ynet's blunder just shows how poor most people's mathematical intuition is. The average number of feet among humans is less than 2, and it's obvious why, but most people will do a double-take at this statement because their intuition protests against it.

(And yes, the roots of Occupy Wall Street are in lousy math).
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Don't worry, somewhere in Texas they made a statement about homosexuality. Forgot some comma's and points and thus more than half the state is gay.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                (And yes, the roots of Occupy Wall Street are in lousy math).
                                No, the roots of OWS are in a basic human failing, greed. People who don't know any better want shiznit handed to them.
                                As I recall, they really didn't have any focused set of demands besides wanting someone to pay off their student loans for them, which was the most often cited.

Comment

Working...
                                X