This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I don't think Doctor Who is available on Amazon or any other streaming aggregator services at this time. BBC has been pulling the rights.
    But if you install the BBC app into your smart TV, S12 was on it as of 2 days ago.
    I bought the episodes. I have a lot of no rush shipping credits for digital purchases, so I use them to buy episodes of TV shows.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I bought the episodes. I have a lot of no rush shipping credits for digital purchases, so I use them to buy episodes of TV shows.
      I've got some classic seasons that I've gotten at garage sales, and most of 2005-2010 either recorded off-air or purchased on optical media if I see it at a discount.

But I won't pay 5 cents for S11 or S12. I despise the direction Chibnall has taken this.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        and when Covid mutates?
        This is not a vaccination, rather an opportunity for acut treatment for dying patients in critical condition.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          This is not a vaccination, rather an opportunity for acut treatment for dying patients in critical condition.
          same question

maybe those new drugs will work wonders in the short term

but after that?

Comment

That would be "Kor" for a boy. You really do need to learn your classic Sci Fi shows, don't you?

https://www.startrek.com/database_article/kor

Cora is connected to the original Battlestar Galactica. It was a talking computer built into a special Viper used in the episode "The Long Patrol".

https://en.battlestarwikiclone.org/wiki/CORA

PS: Yes, I know, my mind is full of useless trivia.
            I remember CORA....basically BSG's version of KITT

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              I remember CORA....basically BSG's version of KITT
              Well, both shows were Glen Larson's. Not surprising he borrowed the idea for KITT.

CORA had a certain female snarkiness about her though that Kitt couldn't match.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

It looks like Jack is already enjoying the benefits...

carter and O'neill oh let's face it they hooked up and we all know it, even though it is against protocol

Comment

Well, both shows were Glen Larson's. Not surprising he borrowed the idea for KITT.

CORA had a certain female snarkiness about her though that Kitt couldn't match.
                  KITT was doin' the self-driving thing before it was cool

And I don't know...KITT could be pretty snarky too

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    KITT was doin' the self-driving thing before it was cool

And I don't know...KITT could be pretty snarky too
                    Since when is the self-driving thing cool? The desire of businesses to avoid paying drivers doesn't make it cool. Nor does the desire of the 95% of the people on the road who can't drive to begin with to avoid driving.

KITT was fiction. and even that wasn't foolproof. Remember KARR?

Comment

same question

maybe those new drugs will work wonders in the short term

but after that?
                      Holy mudpies! I agree with SR?

I too am concerned about any "on the fly" vaccination they come up with.

Comment

Holy mudpies! I agree with SR?

I too am concerned about any "on the fly" vaccination they come up with.
                        We are around a month away from clinical human trials for an anti-viral drug. There will be over 50 Hospitals engaged in the research. It's not a vaccine, just a treatment.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          We are around a month away from clinical human trials for an anti-viral drug. There will be over 50 Hospitals engaged in the research. It's not a vaccine, just a treatment.
                          Regardless of what it is, I would be worried about side effects that aren't immediately apparent in any on-the-fly drug. It doesn't matter how many people they have working on it, the only way to look for delayed effects is to let time pass.

You're aware that I had to give up my former primary care doc. One of the reasons I liked her so much was that she was honest. At least honest enough to admit that medical science doesn't know half what it would like to have us believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            It's not a vaccine, just a treatment.
                            same problem

Comment

same problem
                              What they are trying to do is advance it to where in kills the virus, and they are pretty hopeful it will.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

@ Annoyed

They aren't on-the-fly drugs. They are already being used to treat HIV and the other is a drug against Malaria.

They had pretty succesful results against the virus in test tubes but they have to find out how it responds to human physiology.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X