This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'm fairly certain my cooking scares more than just newbies away...

That's it for the flying pig.
    Apparently the only place they'll fly without fear is at a kosher cook off.
    https://www.al.com/bob-carlton/2010/...th-el_hos.html
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

(Yes, I know. Stupid question. Never underestimate human stupidity.)

But how can people really be this stupid?

The coronavirus has nothing to do with Corona beer. But, some people seem to think so.

As new coronavirus outbreak continues to spread, some people seem to think that the deadly outbreak is somehow related to Corona beer. It's not.

The alcoholic beverage from Mexico showed a surge in Google searches in the past week, along with the term “corona beer virus” and “beer virus.”

In the United States, Google Trends calculated that 57% of the people that searched one of those terms searched for “beer virus,” and the remaining 43% searched for “corona beer virus.”

Comment

That explains the mention of beer yesterday. So that's what my colleagues were laughing with. I think one of them was reading a similar article at which point the conversation shifted to beers.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          (Yes, I know. Stupid question. Never underestimate human stupidity.)

But how can people really be this stupid?

The coronavirus has nothing to do with Corona beer. But, some people seem to think so.
          Honestly? Auto-complete. you want to type "Corona beer", you type "corona", you get a scroll screen of auto-complete options and instead of just "corona" you accidentally click "coronavirus", then not notice it and proceed to type "beer".
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Double post...
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              Double post...
              ^^ had one too many corona's...

Comment

^^ had one too many corona's...
                Seriously, I tried a 6-pack of Corona once. Yech! I used to be a big beer drinker, and the Canadians seem to make the best beer. Molson, specifically.. But you can keep the Corona.

These days, I'm more straight whiskey than beer. Who needs the extra calories?

Comment

I wouldn't know my beers one from the other -- I don't drink alcohol.

I can only tell you how it smells when the fermentation is happening and the wind is coming from the wrong direction. I live in the Stella Artois city.

Comment

Well, now we know why you're so screwed up.

Comment

I can only tell you how it smells when the fermentation is happening and the wind is coming from the wrong direction. I live in the Stella Artois city.
                      And I was born in South Bend, IN where they used to produce ethanol for fuel....that was a bad smell from the nearby ethanol plant

Comment

This is real-world, but I don't think it's political in nature, since the stupidity is prominently displayed by almost every governing body on Earth.

The corona virus, and the world's response to it.
                        We know how to stop the spread of diseases like this. and it's really, really simple.

We should have stopped all travel too and from the source nation, China in this case. Period. No exceptions, no BS, no excuses, nothing. Stop all physical contact with the source. Sure, it would suck to be someone who happened to be traveling in the source country at the time and couldn't return home without a lengthy quarantine to ensure non-contamination.

The fact that we haven't taken effective measures to stop the spread of a disease like this puts the leaders of almost every government on earth in the running for a Darwin award.

Comment

I'm just rolling my eyes at all the misinformation that's circling about the Corona virus.

It isn't the Black Death.

Besides, you're as likely to die of the common flu as you are of Corona.

Comment

I'm just rolling my eyes at all the misinformation that's circling about the Corona virus.

It isn't the Black Death.

Besides, you're as likely to die of the common flu as you are of Corona.
                            I used to think so too

until...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/06/a...ntl/index.html

how to explain how a healthy young adult - a doctor at that - died of it?

if a healthy person in a clinical environment ain't safe - who is?

Comment

The Chinese Doctor... who first encountered the virus and probably worked his immune system to death...

However, true... he was young and should have been able to fight the infection but I think circumstances were always going to be against him.

Comment

Seem to me that the risk of fatality for this or many other diseases is random luck. My immune system may be able to fight off this one better than yours, but yours might be more effective against the next one that comes along. It's a crap shoot in the genetic lottery.

But the thing is, this could have been contained, but it's just too "inconvenient" to effectively quarantine people who may be infected. Such as the 300 (including 14 infected) people who came into the US from the cruise ship off the coast of Japan. Proper procedure should have been to anchor the ship someplace, airdrop food/supplies to them and let them sit for a month or double whatever the suspected incubation period of the disease is.

How long has medical science known that quarantine is an effective way to stop the spread of disease?

But it's just too inconvenient, isn't it? How many people are going to die for that convenience?

The possibility of quarantine should be just one of the accepted risks of traveling. If that is too inconvenient for you, stay home.

And another thing. Eventually, something that is far more universally fatal is going to break out someplace. We need to have effective processes for stopping travel immediately in place to be prepared for that day when it comes. The response to this shows just how far we have to go in this regard.

Comment

Working...
                                X