Is he a luddite?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      but what, but what, but what.
      What if your 4WD hit a truck?
      You would be dead.
      "I drive a big car, so I am safer"
      Garbage, there is always something bigger than you. A B double would turn your 4WD into a coffin no less effectively than a mini car, probably more effectively as 4WD's are designed to resist impact rather than work with it.
      You should really look up what happens when the 4WD fame fails.
      Of course, if I hit a semi, I'm gonna lose. In a collision, mass equals a better chance of walking away from it.

What are the odds of me hitting or being hit by a semi vs the odds of an accident with a private automobile? The chance of a wreck with a private auto are far greater. So I have better odds in my large vehicle. How hard is that to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Is he a luddite?
        Probably the classic older generation of fearing change and new things
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Of course, if I hit a semi, I'm gonna lose. In a collision, mass equals a better chance of walking away from it.

What are the odds of me hitting or being hit by a semi vs the odds of an accident with a private automobile? The chance of a wreck with a private auto are far greater. So I have better odds in my large vehicle. How hard is that to understand?
          You really do live a life of fear, don't you? Fear seems to be what drives you.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Said that years ago
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Look who he voted for
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl
                  Jamming your finger in a door before starting a new job on Monday
                  *passes an ice pack*

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ars-tweet-nasa

Donald J. Trump
                    ?
                    @realDonaldTrump

For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ars-tweet-nasa

Donald J. Trump
                      ?
                      @realDonaldTrump

For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!
                      I think he was saying that going to the moon might very well be a stepping stone for Mars, but should not be the goal.

Comment

I think he was saying that going to the moon might very well be a stepping stone for Mars, but should not be the goal.
                        It won't happen until China threatens to get their first. Which means we must wait anywhere between one and four decades.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

It won't happen until China threatens to get their first. Which means we must wait anywhere between one and four decades.

I wish China best luck.

It will be nice to see enraged people watch as China plants a flag on the Moon.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            I wish China best luck.

It will be nice to see enraged people watch as China plants a flag on the Moon.
                            They can put it next to the one we left there 50 years ago.

Comment

I hope not. We started out great with space exploration in the 1960's but we never followed through. We ought to far ahead of where we really are by this point.

Comment

I hope not. We started out great with space exploration in the 1960's but we never followed through. We ought to far ahead of where we really are by this point.

But we are even behind where we were just a decade ago. We have no manned flight capability (SpaceX will soon change that). It's because of the "We have problems here we shouldn't spend money on space" crowd. Total boneheads if you ask me.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X