X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good one for our Texas Rangers:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/gran...nd-nonexistent
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      This is a professional news operation?

A woman who told police that a 10-month-old was inside her car when it was stolen was arrested Saturday after police discovered the infant didn't exist.

Margarita Levrie, 33, told police Friday night that when her car was stolen in Grand Prairie in the 2100 block of Fort Worth St., a 4-year-old and a 10-month old were inside.

The 4-year-old was found a block away, and an Amber Alert was issued for the infant. By Saturday morning, police had determined there never had been a baby in the vehicle and cancelled the alert.

Levrie, who provided police with an image, has been charged with filing a false report to police, a Class B misdemeanor, and was being held at the Grand Prairie Detention Center.

Police confirmed that the vehicle, a Toyota Camry 4D, was stolen from outside the home of Levrie's mother and remains missing.
      They found a 4 year old that they say didn't exist, and then issued an amber alert for it? That's a damned good trick.
      How the heck does that get past the editors, or whoever it is that proofreads their material?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Most likely isn't, but the news is real. I've seen it on lapresse which is a professional news operation here in Canada.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Most likely isn't, but the news is real. I've seen it on lapresse which is a professional news operation here in Canada.
          Even professional news operations get fooled into reporting something that isn't real. It usually happens when they parrot a story from another news site without realizing that it really isn't a news site.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

I wasn't making any claim whether the story was real or not. The article itself is written so poorly it doesn't even make sense.

Comment

This is too stupid to be true. Slow news day at Daily Mail.

They did a story about an Apex TV video about a Time Traveller whose "time machine" broke.

Man who claims he travelled from the year 6491 and is stuck in 2018 because his time machine broke 'PASSES lie detector test'
              Although the man has a Birmingham accent, with a US twang, he claims he is from outer space.

Describing life light-years from now, he says more species and planets are discovered – and that there are fights coming between humans and aliens.

He said: 'We are constantly finding new planets and galaxies every day. Most of it is just nothing.

'Sometimes you hit the jackpot and find intelligent life on it. You find new planets, new eco systems.

'There are a lot of planets more intelligent than humans.'

Comment

I don't think he is wrong
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Martin, is that you?
                  Spoiler:

Comment

They found a 4 year old that they say didn't exist, and then issued an amber alert for it? That's a damned good trick.
                    How the heck does that get past the editors, or whoever it is that proofreads their material?
                    The Amber alert was for the 10 month old that didn't exist, basically what they are saying is the woman made up the existence of the 10 month old for some weird reason, they never said the 4 year old didn't exist.

Comment

Go over the article again.
                      A woman who told police that a 10-month-old was inside her car when it was stolen was arrested Saturday after police discovered the infant didn't exist.

Margarita Levrie, 33, told police Friday night that when her car was stolen in Grand Prairie in the 2100 block of Fort Worth St., a 4-year-old and a 10-month old were inside.

The 4-year-old was found a block away, and an Amber Alert was issued for the infant. By Saturday morning, police had determined there never had been a baby in the vehicle and cancelled the alert.
                      How could they have found a child who didn't exist?

Levrie, who provided police with an image, has been charged with filing a false report to police, a Class B misdemeanor, and was being held at the Grand Prairie Detention Center.

Police confirmed that the vehicle, a Toyota Camry 4D, was stolen from outside the home of Levrie's mother and remains missing.

Comment

Not boneheadedness but whatever happened to the cop that shot the unarmed woman in her pyjamas through his car window?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Go over the article again.
                          To be honest, I found this website, Dallas News, in order to give an English version of the article. This is where I originally found the news, no mention of the 4 year old.

Good luck reading French though!

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/in...auto-volee.php
                          Spoiler:

Comment

This has got to be the best Boneheadedness of all time

Dancing FBI agent loses gun during backflip, accidentally shoots bar patron

There goes your Tax money 'Muricans!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

NEVER underestimate human stupidity.

Comment

Idiots. They didn't think this **** would hit the rotary oscillator?

A valedictorian went off-script to talk about sexual assault. Then her school cut her mic.

A California high school cut its valedictorian's microphone when her speech deviated from the expected script during a graduation ceremony last Saturday.

When the student later posted an "uncensored" version of the speech, it contained a line alleging members of the school community mishandled cases of sexual misconduct.

Petaluma High School senior Lulabel Seitz was the first member of her family to graduate high school and did so as her class' valedictorian, The (Santa Rosa, Calif.) Press Democratreported.

Perseverance was a theme in her graduation speech.

But video from the event shows that about four minutes into her speech, her mic was cut.

"Because the class of 2018 has demonstrated time and time again that we ... are not too young to speak up, to dream and to create change. Which is why, even when some people on this campus, those same pe —"

The mic cuts out.

June 2017: Valedictorian goes off script, so the school cut his mic

Seitz stepped away from the podium, visibly upset. She yelled inaudible words to someone off camera then motioned for the crowd to stand.

Some in the audience applauded. Some chanted "let her speak!" After nearly a minute of silence, Seitz returns to her seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X