This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Don't they teach youngsters the basics of electricity today? Like NOT using it in the bathtub?

Texas teen electrocuted after cell phone incident in bathtub

I wonder how long before the family sues the manufacturer for negligence or some such rot?
    Probably wasn't thinking about that at all. When you start using phones as such a young age, picking up a phone the instant a notification occurs (or to just check the time despite the fact there's a clock in the room) becomes almost like a reflex, done without thinking. Not only that, but the desire to see is strong enough that even if thought is given, it's almost like if you were asking a junkie to wait a few more minutes before shooting up.

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
    I am not surprised she didn't know how electricity works. She was probably to busy trying to learn all the SJW Approved lessons her school is cramming in between her ears, like how racist her country is and that she is a horrible person because she is white and thus responsible for all the problems in the world.
    Let me get this straight, you're accusing schools of falsely calling the country racist while bringing race into the conversation where it is irrelevant? Am I the only one here who sees this as...Irony? Hypocrisy?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    And i do remember several stories of people electrocuting themselves in the 50s and 60s in the UK cause of dropping the rotary phones in the tub while they were in it..
    So much for Fly's story. Apparently this stuff is common across generations *Takes toaster out of bathroom*

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Apparently you need a license to run a lemonade stand

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/w...zvO?li=BBnbfcL
    John Stossel has shown me this a long time ago.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    If you outlaw lemonade, only the outlaws will drink lemonade.
    Life should bet sent to jail for possession with intent to distribute.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Probably wasn't thinking about that at all. When you start using phones as such a young age, picking up a phone the instant a notification occurs (or to just check the time despite the fact there's a clock in the room) becomes almost like a reflex, done without thinking. Not only that, but the desire to see is strong enough that even if thought is given, it's almost like if you were asking a junkie to wait a few more minutes before shooting up.
      Doing things without thinking is an effective way to earn a Darwin award.

Comment

Doing things without thinking is an effective way to earn a Darwin award.
        It's probably one of it's greatest causes.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

It's probably one of it's greatest causes.
          Annoyed is a pro at it
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Aside from the fact that I'm still alive, that is.

Comment

Plenty spend their lives and do incredibly idiotic things
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Aside from the fact that I'm still alive, that is.
                Statistically speaking, it's bound to happen. You're one in a billion
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Sooner than later probably
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It's already later for me.

Comment

You grasp of time is lacking
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        You grasp of time is lacking
                        I think that's what goes after memory.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

I think that's what goes after memory.
                          It wouldn't be the first time we were right in accusing Annoyed of senelity
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Someone at work accidentally sent an email out to a large usergroup and seven people REPLIED ALL... multiple times.
                            sigpic
                            Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
                              Someone at work accidentally sent an email out to a large usergroup and seven people REPLIED ALL... multiple times.
                              At my job, when I cancel a customer's reservation, I send them an email informing them that it's been cancelled, and put the agent who made the reservation into CC: so that he would know he lost the commission from that reservation. One time, the agent REPLIED ALL with "Good riddance to bad rubbish"... Took a while to mop up that mess.

Another favorite of mine is when an email is sent from one address with an out-of-office notification active to another with an out-of-office notification active. They can exchange a few hundred automated messages before our tech support catches up.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

No risk of life & limb, but oh, the embarrassment.

Syracuse teen loses car in Toronto, forgot where he parked for rock concert

And apparently, this isn't the first time this kid has lost his car.

The car has US Florida license plates, a small Canadian flag affixed to the door frame, and a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker."
                                Well, no one every accused Democrats of being all that bright.

Comment

Working...
                                X