Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have CCTV that covers that. I use both too, but I mostly only use the card for online purchases, I don't use it to buy a bottle of milk like some people I know do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      Oh yes, you are going to have to wait until all us old timers die off before ushering in your so called cashless society, cos we like cash, it's physical currency in your hand you can buy stuff with, not a piece of plastic that can be wiped clean by standing in the wrong place at the till or rendered useless in a power cut.

I wish I'd had a camera when I bought some fireworks the other week, the guys face was a picture when he handed me the electronic terminal and I handed him a wad of cash lol.

You could say hoards of people entrusting everything they have to a "computer" is a subject worthy of being labelled "boneheadedness".
      Especially when you see some of these 'cashless kids' (as i call them" struggle to do the simple addition and subtraction math, to check you out when they've had a power cut and can't use the cash register's automatic math capacity...

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      That's what motivated me to get a debit card to begin with, years ago.
      Today, I'll use cash for small purchases and purchases at unfamiliar merchants, but most of the time I use the card.
      For me, i got my credit card to pay for large (400+ dollar amounts) initially, but tend to use it for large (100) or electronic purchases these days/

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      !

Here we arrive, pump gas () go inside, tell them which pump we used, pay, and then leave.
      Ah, the days before the coming of the "Please pre pay before pumping gas" sign.

There is also a marketing aspect to the current cash process. Since gas stations are all convenience stores these days, they are hoping that you see something else to purchase while you're waiting in line.
      I am actually surprised there are still places that do that.. Damn near every gas station i have seen in the past 5 or so years, all require pay before pumping.

Comment

PH lives in some 3rd world backwater.. Something British, I think. Great something or other.
        Rumor has it they don't even let the cops carry guns.
        Last edited by Annoyed; 13 November 2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Brit cops have guns, big ones too.

Typically you will be met by these gentleman and women in cities and sensive areas, such as airports and main train stations:
          http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/image...03/0703pik.jpg

We don't hand out guns like candy no, but it's a myth British cops are not armed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            Brit cops have guns, big ones too.

Typically you will be met by these gentleman and women in cities and sensive areas, such as airports and main train stations:
            http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/image...03/0703pik.jpg

We don't hand out guns like candy no, but it's a myth British cops are not armed.
            Indeed.. Guns are only given out to those who are trained to use them

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              You guys know those days where you occasionally find a dollar bill, or even a fiver/tenner on the ground (or in the case of those self serve kiosks at supermarkets, in the cash dispenser for change).. Well it seems it was My turn to be the durned fool who dropped a bill and in my case it was a tenner.. Still wracking my brain as to WHERE i dropped it, but i had 31 bucks this morning, spent 15 so should have 16 left.. but only can find 6 in my wallet....

Now admittedly over the past 7 or so years in the states i have picked up probably close to 45 bucks on the ground/from those machines that others have dropped.. BUT still losing a tenner in one flop.. GRRR
              the other day someone spilled at least a good $25 - $30 worth of quarters, dimes, nickles, and pennies in the store parking lot...didn't see it happen but no one was there picking it up so I picked it up....I'll probably put it in the church collection though as I'd feel kinda bad profiting from someone else's misfortune...probably some old person who's hearing is so shot that they didn't hear a bunch of coins falling from their container onto the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                Indeed.. Guns are only given out to those who are trained to use them
                that would be the vast majority of CC holders in the US...most states have pretty strict training requirements in order to obtain a CCW

Comment

I remember when I worked retail and groaning when these old people where paying a 10 or 15 dollar purchase all in loose change
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    that would be the vast majority of CC holders in the US...most states have pretty strict training requirements in order to obtain a CCW
                    You are joking, right?
                    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...rmit-guns-utah
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

right now that's the least americans have to fear (maybe it would've been something else had Hillary won & those Trump militias started causing chaos & shooting Democrat voters)
                      I say the guns they'll have to fear the most will be those of the SS when they're gunned down Tiananmen'89 style during marches & strikes. this happened in Chile in the 80s so it could very well happen in the US soon

Comment

I was checking into Ohios CCW laws, and since its been only 4 yrs (coming up on 5) since i retired, my military service qualifies ME for a CCW easily.. Now i just need to get a gun (thinking 9mm pistol), and lock box..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          I was checking into Ohios CCW laws, and since its been only 4 yrs (coming up on 5) since i retired, my military service qualifies ME for a CCW easily.. Now i just need to get a gun (thinking 9mm pistol), and lock box..
                          http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio-...tion-checklist

2. Find a qualified CCW instructor and complete the required 8-hour training to obtain your Certificate of Competency
                          Yep, very strict laws...........
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            I did say MOST....not ALL......or do you need your eyes checked?

Comment

I did say MOST....not ALL......or do you need your eyes checked?
                              Did you read the article that allows that one pass to CCW in 34 states?
                              Do you need your math checked?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Yup!!

"You may also present documentation that proves you are an active or reserve member of the U.S. Military, you have been honorably discharged from the U.S. Military within the past 6 years, or you are a retired law enforcement officer and have experience that is equivalent to the training requirements."

Comment

Working...
                                X