Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did wear a parachute. They wouldn't let him jump without one.
    His own words.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

From the article above:
      The stunt nearly didn't come off as planned when Aikins revealed just before climbing into his plane that the Screen Actors Guild had ordered him to wear a parachute to ensure his safety.

Producers for the show were not immediately available to elaborate on the restriction.

He said he considered pulling out at that point because having the parachute canister on his back would make his landing in the net far more dangerous. If he had to wear it he said he wouldn't bother to pull the ripcord anyway.

"I'm going all the way to the net, no question about it," he said from the plane. "I'll just have to deal with the consequences when I land of wearing the parachute on my back and what it's going to do to my body."

A few minutes before the jump one of the show's hosts said the requirement had been lifted. Aikins left the plane without the chute.

Comment

Well, good thing he didn't crash then -- his wife was watching his stunt.

Whomever let him jump without the chute should get their head checked - oh wait, that would be Fox (no wonder, anything for good TV). There's a frellin' good reason Red Bull didn't want to have anything to do with this.

Comment

This ain't on Fox. Fox didn't tell him to jump out of a plane without a parachute. That boneheaded idea was his own.

Comment

He was surrounded by three companions who would have hooked him up if he'd gone astray. So basically he was surrounded by three chutes.

No way that they had him jump without any kind of safety measure, unless you want a man's death on your conscience for a little sensation on TV. Now that's boneheadedness right there.

Personally, I still prefer Felix Baumgartner's stunt over this one.

Comment

Israeli army bans soldiers from playing Pokemon Go on military bases

People were actually doing that???
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Since we already saw a story on some dunce playing it in a SECURE work environment where cell phone use was supposedly limited to WORK related stuff only (No cameras), it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Heck check this out for total stupidity..!!
                http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...mon-go-n621006

Comment

Yesterday's questions from my customers:

"Last time I went to Rhodos, Greek border police arrested me with some drugs on my way out. Do you think they'll give me any trouble because of that?"

"Last year, I rented a car in Italy. I ran a red light somewhere and they sent me a notice by mail to pay a traffic violation fine. I didn't pay it, but I'm flying to Verona next week for work. Can you make sure they don't make me pay that fine when I enter Italy?"

"I bought a really expensive vacation package from you but there is a court order preventing me from leaving the country. How can you help me leave anyway?"
                  "We can't."
                  "What do you mean you can't? What am I paying for and what good is ordering from a travel agency if you can't help me? I could've booked my flights directly from the airline and that hotel from Booking.com for half the price but I booked with you because I needed your service! I paid a lot of money for this!"

My pet peeve is people who book really expensive vacations and then cancel within hours of the booking because they have no money. I mean no money AT ALL, as in a credit card charge as low as 100 shekels ($26) gets declined. What, if anything, are they thinking?

P.S. And then there's this guy who booked a ticket from Tel Aviv to Istanbul through Moscow. Do people sleep at school during geography classes or what?

Ah, the fun of high season...
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Someone actually thought a travel agency would help him get out of the country in violation of a court order?!?!? man that's dumb.

Comment

So we get a call from a family who booked their tickets through us. One of the women got married and changed her last name in the passport, while the ticket is booked in her maiden name. I get in touch with the airline, they say it's a problem; she might not be allowed to board. Normally you can't change names in international airline tickets in the GDS, but the airline graciously offers to change the passenger's last name for a fee - if they provide a copy of their marriage certificate. So the passenger sends a translated copy of the certificate, and... the request is denied by the airline. The customer is furious and demands explanation and I obilge: the year on the marriage certificate is 2010.

Can anyone offer a good explanation for why the husband books his wife's ticket in her maiden name after six years of marriage? Because I have a very annoyed customer to call back on Sunday and the head office of a major European airline laughing at the whole affair.

Comment

Domestic tranquility? She might be a feminist type who insists upon keeping her own surname and the hubby goes along to keep the peace?

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                          Can anyone offer a good explanation for why the husband books his wife's ticket in her maiden name after six years of marriage? Because I have a very annoyed customer to call back on Sunday and the head office of a major European airline laughing at the whole affair.
                          Plain old stupidity. I've seen people fill in the stuff wrongly even after being warned, even after getting explained how it all works.

Sometimes, people's brains just have an error 404

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            Domestic tranquility? She might be a feminist type who insists upon keeping her own surname and the hubby goes along to keep the peace?
                            She doesn't need to be a femeninst type to do that. I know plenty of friends and coworkers who's wives still went with their maiden surnames.. Till they were required to change it for what ever reason..

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              Plain old stupidity. I've seen people fill in the stuff wrongly even after being warned, even after getting explained how it all works.

Sometimes, people's brains just have an error 404
                              Brain error 404 is not a valid reason for the airline.

Comment

Moscow airport shop sells model Kalashnikov guns

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X