This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Harvey Weinstein and Tim Murphy are hardly comparable. On one hand, you have a sitting right side congresscritter who was a strong advocate of abortion restrictions telling his own personal honey to get an abortion and on the other, you have a liberal Hollywood producer who seems to have made a career of routing young female aspirants to the big screen via has casting couch. (A not unheard of story in Hollywood).

The Fox article takes him to task, for sure, but it appears to be playing with kid gloves in comparison to how politicians on the left are treating him, divesting themselves of monetary gifts he has given them and so forth.

Here's a nice, left side source for you.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...006-story.html
    Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    eeexactly. hardly comparable

on one hand a womanizer
    on the other...a killer of children* & an extreme hypocrite

so who's worse*?

*by your standards (or did you suddenly forget them?)
    What I find utterly hilarious is that trump, a know womanizer and has had -many- harassment suits filled against him, and gets caught -on tape- being a misogynistic pig gets embraced by the religious right and the "party of personal responsibility", yet when someone on the left does it, it is the democratic senators willing to give up the donations as "dirty money"
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It reminds me of what Tood said a few weeks back about how Trump supporters will brush any controversy he engages in when any other politician would never even think of doing
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

But that article in huffington is a sorry excuse for news reporting. For one thing, the article spends more time spouting it's hyper-left bias than it does actually reporting the story. In fact, despite the blurb at the top about being updated two days ago, it doesn't even mention that he had announced that he would not run again, and later announced his resignation.

If that is an example of where you folks on the left get your news from, it's no surprise that you're so screwed up.
        Have the original articl then since the Huff reported only 3 days ago -- this one's from 6 days ago:

Rep. Tim Murphy, popular with pro-life movement, urged abortion in affair, texts suggest

A news story is not supposed to be an editorial piece. Yes, most sites are biased one way or anotber, But I haven't seen that blatant an example for a long time.
        Every day -- bias to every corner of the universe, if the universe had corners.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This was expected...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ational-anthem

The NFL has developed a plan to "move past" its ongoing debate about player protests during the national anthem and could enact it next week, commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Tuesday in a letter to all 32 teams.

Goodell made it clear in the letter, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, that he wants players to stand during the anthem. He did not provide specifics on how he intends to ensure it, but he wrote that it would "include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues."

The issue will be discussed, and likely acted upon, during the NFL's regularly-scheduled fall meetings on Oct. 17-18.

Comment

I have a question though. Do you agree with private companies quashing free speech? I don't mean about this in a legal way, but just a social way. Should a company be allowed to quash speech it finds "Offensive" when it does not impact the employee's job?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              I have a question though. Do you agree with private companies quashing free speech? I don't mean about this in a legal way, but just a social way. Should a company be allowed to quash speech it finds "Offensive" when it does not impact the employee's job?
              No. If an employee expresses his views on his own time it's none of their business. Unless this person is known as being an official representative of the company; it's his job to speak for the company. Some jobs are "on the clock" 24.7 in this matter and some others.

But the NFL player is not on his own time. He is in his employer's uniform, at his place of employment, doing what he is paid to do. He has to toe the company line just like anyone else.

Comment

No. If an employee expresses his views on his own time it's none of their business. Unless this person is known as being an official representative of the company; it's his job to speak for the company. Some jobs are "on the clock" 24.7 in this matter and some others.

But the NFL player is not on his own time. He is in his employer's uniform, at his place of employment, doing what he is paid to do. He has to toe the company line just like anyone else.
                That leads me to the second question. Isn't he free to his speech if the company is okay with it? If conservatives truly believe in free speech, why make a big deal out of this? After all, the only reason the NFL is doing this is because of all the "Snowflake" conservatives complaining about this.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Yes. Since this IS impacting their "Job" by losing fan base.. Just like those workers at Mcdonalds who spat in cops drinks/refused service fired THEM, cause it caused customers to leave or threaten to leave..

Now onto something else that made my blood boil when i read it..

A CA middle school teacher not only has been arrested working for and LEADING Antifa, but has now also gone and willingly taken STUDENTS with her to Antifa rally's AGAINST the schools orders..
                  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/28...ley-brawl.html

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9938

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/01/pu...-antifa-group/

https://www.onenewsnow.com/education...ntifa-protests

First off, HOW IS it she's still got a bloody job, after WILLFULLY Taking kids off campus without school's permission?? ISN'T that kidnapping?
                  Secondly according to the ONN article, she's had many discipline issues, SO WHY HAS it taken this long to get her 'suspended'?

Comment

All the stories about her taking kids to events come from the blaze, and the blaze has pulled the story of her doing it.
                    And she has been suspended before.
                    sigpic

Comment

How about something more worthy to get you going?
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.e9fb2a54ab97
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Yes. Since this IS impacting their "Job" by losing fan base.. Just like those workers at Mcdonalds who spat in cops drinks/refused service fired THEM, cause it caused customers to leave or threaten to leave..
                        You just equated protest against police brutality and racism to McDonalds employees spitting in drinks and refusing service.

You also missed the hilarious double standard of complaining about McDonald's employees refusing service and for being okay with a baker refusing service.

Spitting in drinks is generally considered bad behavior and will always lead to termination of contract -- they're working in a foodservice where there are strict (or should be strict) hygiene rules.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Did the baker who refused service also own the business? And the employees of McDonalds do not speak for the owners of McDonalds so they have no right to refuse service for their own views. Dirty disgusting habit, spitting yuk
                          sigpic

Comment

That leads me to the second question. Isn't he free to his speech if the company is okay with it? If conservatives truly believe in free speech, why make a big deal out of this? After all, the only reason the NFL is doing this is because of all the "Snowflake" conservatives complaining about this.
                            If his employer is fine with it, have at it.
                            And the reason the NFL is doing this is as expected, it's starting to affect their bottom line. It's costing them viewers on TV. Since these protest started up in ernest, viewership is down.

Recall a few weeks back, I said the NFL would do something about it as soon as they realize it's affecting their profits? Like it or not, a lot of NFL fans consider the protests offensive, and are expressing their displeasure by not watching the games. You didn't think that would carry weight with the NFL owners?

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                              Did the baker who refused service also own the business?
                              As I recall, it was the owner of the bakery who chose not to make the cake for the gay wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                All the stories about her taking kids to events come from the blaze, and the blaze has pulled the story of her doing it.
                                And she has been suspended before.
                                The one-news now article didn't mention the blaze as being their source for that..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                You also missed the hilarious double standard of complaining about McDonald's employees refusing service and for being okay with a baker refusing service..
                                No i didn't. A baker owns his business. A worker at Mc donalds (or what ever fast food joint we've heard about cops getting refused service at), does not own the business..

Comment

Working...
                                X