Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In honour of our fiend-ship, you make take my flamethrower with my blessing.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Douse them in an accelerant first
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

*sprays the infidel with lighter fluid*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Poor garhkal. He is really stuck on this us vs them mentality
          When for the most part it SEEMS like the liberals are the party OF 'us vs them'; whether its rich vs poor, white, vs every other ethnicity (Especially black), male vs woman, cops vs civilians, legal vs illegal.. OF COURSE we are stuck.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Stop being such an idiot. Lord Trump is the messiah and he can do no wrong.
          I thought that mantra belonged to King obama the first.

Comment

(Yes, I know, many of you will see "fox news" and dismiss this.)

And how about those "unbiased fact checkers".....

As usual, biased towards the left. Which, of course, is why they're so popular with the left...

The real truth about Facebook's 'fake news' filters

To protect Americans against “fake” news, Facebook will now use filters so that only “reputable” articles can appear at the top of users’ trending news stories. And Facebook is going to media fact checkers for help (initially ABC News, The Associated Press, FactCheck.org, Politifact and Snopes). But guess what? These fact checkers have their own biases — usually the same liberal biases that we see in the rest of the mainstream media.
            But to get an idea of how bias also affects fact checkers, just consider a few evaluations from Politifact.

— "We’re the highest taxed nation in the world. Our businesses pay more taxes than any businesses in the world. That’s why companies are leaving.” Donald Trump on "Meet the Press" on May 8, 2016

Donald Trump was clearly talking about tax rates for businesses. But in rating the claim as “False,” Politifact focuses on total federal tax burden as a share of GDP. Trump was correct that the U.S. has the world's highest corporate income tax rate (combined federal and state). In 2016, that rate was 38.9 percent France came in second with 34.4 percent. But Politifact conveniently overlooks state taxes, which are really what put the U.S. over the top compared to so many other countries.
            This is particularly true for very high tax states like NY.

There are other examples of their bias in the article.

Now, what was that you were saying about unbiased "fact checkers"? Looks like a crock of shiznit to me. But that's just fine with you folks who rely on them, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Isn't that what you do all the time?
              But I'm not writing articles passing judgment upon the accuracy of story, am I ? See above post for more delightful details on the "fact checkers".

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I think it's an established fact that readers are never checking whether the news they are getting is real or fake, or simply don't care.

I'd say that's a very naive thought.
              And that matters how? It is still the readers responsibility to judge the value of a story for himself. Lots of people ignore the speed limit, too. So you think people should be censored because people can't think for themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                When for the most part it SEEMS like the liberals are the party OF 'us vs them'; whether its rich vs poor, white, vs every other ethnicity (Especially black), male vs woman, cops vs civilians, legal vs illegal.. OF COURSE we are stuck.

You did it again. All you see is if you not a conservative then you are a liberal
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Just be glad we never got Queen Hillary the 0th.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

As usual, biased towards the left. Which, of course, is why they're so popular with the left...

Ok, so FOX's lead in claim is that Politifact is wrong based on their evaluation of the question:
                    — "We’re the highest taxed nation in the world. Our businesses pay more taxes than any businesses in the world. That’s why companies are leaving.” Donald Trump on "Meet the Press" on May 8, 2016
                    Right?
                    However, that is not the statement that politifact was ranking, it was -only- the statement of:
                    — "We’re the highest taxed nation in the world.

So, in example one, the lead story, they got it WRONG.
                    PF Article: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...tion-in-world/

The article does indeed then drill down into the full quote covering business, where they say that if Trump had been more specific, his statement would have been truer.

Their next claim is about gun murder rate, and unlike the FOX article, Politifact was not evaluating the efficacy of the governers, more they were pointing out the difference between gun murder rates, and deaths by guns and the governor mixed his percentages up.

Then we move onto voter fraud, Seriously, do I have to grace this load of BS with a response? Even IF you stack up every claim and put them in the same year, they comprise of around 1% of the total vote, and 1% really isn't "widespread"

Suffice to say, this opinion piece from FOX is an exercise in Republican spin.

Now, what was that you were saying about unbiased "fact checkers"? Looks like a crock of shiznit to me. But that's just fine with you folks who rely on them, isn't it?
                    Their claims stack up pretty well actually.
                    Finally, this article is misleading on it's face, and I am not surprised you missed it as you have missed it from everyone else here. This article is talking about -bias and spin-, it has nothing to do -whatsoever- with the spread of fake news which is a separate beast to media bias.

"Annoyed does not like abortions because he is a republican" This is spin, you don't like abortions, but I painted the reason for that "because you are a republican", that is the spin, the essential fact you don't like abortions is still correct.

"Annoyed shot up an abortion clinic" This is fake news with no basis in fact whatsoever

They are NOT the same thing at all.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      You did it again. All you see is if you not a conservative then you are a liberal
                      So what do You call it if somone's not conservative??

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

This is particularly true for very high tax states like NY.

There are other examples of their bias in the article.

You're conflating two different situations here. Those fact checkers, as they call themselves, are checking actual statements made by actual people. Reporting that an actual person said what he/she actually said is not fake news in any way. The fact checkers are not dissing any news source in your example. They are dissing a person's claims, and yes bias can come into play, obviously.

However, fake news is someone fabricating a quote that an individual never made and passing it off as truth in an article filled with other like fabrications. Breitbart tends to do this. As for real Conservative News sources, Fox News (When dealing with the journalists) and the National Review are very good about only reporting things that actually do happen. They would have absolutely nothing to fear. As long as John Smith actually says and does X, there is no way to touch what they report. Now if they start making stuff up and say that John Smith said Y and Z when in reality he never even spoke on the subject, then that would be fake news.

If it is impossible to objectively decide that, then we truly live in a world where the truth does not exist and the sky is indeed falling. But then again, you do enjoy your tinfoil.

So what do You call it if someone's not conservative??

I call it a Trump fan. Right now, many of the people you consider conservative are actually reactionaries and right wing populists. It's been a slow conversion. You can tell since Tea Party hardliners are now considered "establishment".
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

So what do You call it if somone's not conservative??
                          Them?
                          Apolitical?
                          Uncaring?
                          46% of the voting population?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Them?
                            Apolitical?
                            Uncaring?
                            46% of the voting population?
                            46% of the population was always going to vote for Obama unless he did something crazy, like ask Congress to declare war against Canada or declare Sharia Law or something. Same thing can be said about the conservative 46%, they were always going to vote for Romney unless he started to show how much of a big Mormon heart he actually has. It's the middle of the road folks that haven't made up their minds that are the most crucial. However, in that particular case, his own 46% rebelled against him because republicans were too blind to see (years back) that their base was no longer following conservatism but going down the road of reactionary populism.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              46% of the population was always going to vote for Obama unless he did something crazy, like ask Congress to declare war against Canada or declare Sharia Law or something. Same thing can be said about the conservative 46%, they were always going to vote for Romney unless he started to show how much of a big Mormon heart he actually has. It's the middle of the road folks that haven't made up their minds that are the most crucial. However, in that particular case, his own 46% rebelled against him because republicans were too blind to see (years back) that their base was no longer following conservatism but going down the road of reactionary populism.
                              No Tood, 46% of the voting population could not be bothered to vote at all, so they just might not care about "liberal" or "conservative"
                              That was my point.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                No Tood, 46% of the voting population could not be bothered to vote at all, so they just might not care about "liberal" or "conservative"
                                That was my point.
                                You're talking about the eligible to vote population? Oh yeah, those people >.>

On that subject, I would be fine with a mandatory voting law as long as they have an option to abstain for each item in the ballot.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X