This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    You know who else reads ancient texts at face value? Radicals. Just saying. Ever heard of the saying ''Survival of the fittest? or those that survive are not the strongest, but those that knows how to adapt best?'' Ever asked yourself that maybe holding on to traditions and old ways is not the best course of action to evolve as a society?

Let's leave partisanry aside for a moment. Your entire political environment is exactly like those *inexcusable tactics* you describe. To be absolutely frank, I believe the odds that the accusations were unfounded are quite high, I believe that the Dems hiring protesters to yell ''shame'' to the senators is regrettable. But implying that the Replicants are above that, is a farce at best. If you wanna go down that road, there won't be anybody left on the political scene.

MG the big difference here is that I, or any of us, isn't a man of law that rules over judicial hearings. Judges are the arbiters of the law and shouldn't be prone to anger so quickly. That being said, I would be pissed too, but that's irrelevant.

Trump-a-Trump's flavored WH's issued scope was ridiculously limited for a thorough investigation, only took em 4 days instead of the planned week. Seems like your King placed his vassals where he wanted to and his king's guard did his bidding.
    So judges have to have no emotional responses whatsoever, even justifiable ones....gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      A SENATE HEARING is NOT a criminal trial. How many times must you be reminded of this? There is no grand Jury, there is no court case, there is nothing.
      All you are doing is repeating the same lie.

An accusation is a reason to investigate, not pass judgement.

Impeachment is not a criminal trial, stop repeating a lie.

Wong game.

Yep, wrong game.

Who says that's all you needed?
      Do you know how to prove accusations?
      Ford and company had nothing but their accusations; no corroborating evidence. In fact, one or more of the people Ford claimed would back her story up denied it ever happened. And Ford didn't even have good memories; couldn't say when, how she got there or how she left, many other details missing as well.

In short, all they had were their accusations, and yet that was supposed to be enough to block Kavanaugh or at least delay with endless investigation, hoping the Senate flips and they block him that way. So, in this case, the Democrats wanted to use the accusations alone to block, because they simply couldn't meet any standard of proof.

So, again, If I accuse your wife, with no proof, just my accusation, should she lose her position, advancement, etc? After all, we don't want a possible prevert in the school, do we?

If Kavanaugh is guilty, fine, PROVE IT in a court of law. Otherwise, it's not fair to punish him any more than it would be to punish your wife on my accusation alone.

Comment

And Trump is 100% wrong on this one... Ethanol is just evil.
        It damages engines.
        It's burning our fuel supply.
        And apparently, it's not so good for the environment, either.

Oil industry, green groups join to oppose Trump’s ethanol plan

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          So judges have to have no emotional responses whatsoever, even justifiable ones....gotcha
          There's a difference between emotional response(s) and melting down on national TV acting like a beaten dog to get sympathy from the people.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          And Trump is 100% wrong on this one... Ethanol is just evil.
          It damages engines.
          It's burning our fuel supply.
          And apparently, it's not so good for the environment, either.

Oil industry, green groups join to oppose Trump’s ethanol plan
          Wow, something we can agree on.

1. Crops (corn) space is used for fuel instead of food = bad

2. It doesn't really damage engines, but it is a dirty fuel. Without proper maintenance you could look at some jammed fuel lines and other similar problems, but nothing major especially if you tune your fuel system to run on it. Still = bad

3. Farmers usually keep sowing corn over and over again years after years literally killing the soil in the process. In a normal, healthy farm environment, you usually rotate every year in order to renew the soils. New methods such as mixing Corn with other vegetables when sowing are quite promising. Recent experiments using this method revealed that the quantities of earth worms have significantly increased and the soil itself is much healthier and the yield much better. Corn and Soy are known to be ''nutriment suckers''. So, still bad.

4. Going backward in time instead of forward technology wise = bad. This case seems just like our previous conservative Prime Minister promoting oil sands in the west.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

2. It doesn't really damage engines, but it is a dirty fuel. Without proper maintenance you could look at some jammed fuel lines and other similar problems, but nothing major especially if you tune your fuel system to run on it. Still = bad
            It does damage engines. Alcohol rots rubber, and many small engines and older engines have rubber fuel system components.
            It also attracts water, which in combination with alc. causes further issues. You may not see this in CA, but ever notice how many recent vintage lawnmowers & other small engine powered hardware is thrown out or at garage sales for dirt cheap? The reason is they no longer run, 'cause alcohol has damaged their fuel system. I grab 'em or buy them dirt cheap, repair the fuel systems and sell them. Made about $500 bucks so far at that game this year.

Also, ethanol/gas mixtures contain less energy, so you have to burn more of it to go the same distance.

Comment

It does damage engines. Alcohol rots rubber, and many small engines and older engines have rubber fuel system components.
              True, which is why if you want to use this type of fuel, just like those that run their car on vegetable oil, need to change their parts. If you don't, you're an idiot.

It also attracts water, which in combination with alc. causes further issues. You may not see this in CA, but ever notice how many recent vintage lawnmowers & other small engine powered hardware is thrown out or at garage sales for dirt cheap? The reason is they no longer run, 'cause alcohol has damaged their fuel system. I grab 'em or buy them dirt cheap, repair the fuel systems and sell them. Made about $500 bucks so far at that game this year.
              Yea that or for instance here some folks don't mix their gas with oil and/or leave their lines full of fluids during the winter in their snowblower.
              Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 10 October 2018, 05:58 AM. Reason: Typo
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

True, which is why if you want to use this type of fuel, just like those that run their car on vegetable oil, need to change their parts. If you don't, you're an idiot.
                You can't get alc. compatible fuel system parts for most small engines. The only acceptable solution is to not use alcohol containing fuels.

Yea that or for instance here some folks don't mix their gas with oil and/or leave their lines full of fluids during the winter in their snowblower.
                Mixing gas/oil or not depends upon engine type, two stroke or four stroke, different topic entirely.. And you can store fuel for a year or so at least, IF you uses stabilizer in it

Comment

You can't get alc. compatible fuel system parts for most small engines. The only acceptable solution is to not use alcohol containing fuels.
                  Correct, I had cars in mind (Those that refurbish them to run on potato oil, etc.).

Mixing gas/oil or not depends upon engine type, two stroke or four stroke, different topic entirely.. And you can store fuel for a year or so at least, IF you uses stabilizer in it
                  You know our winters can get down to -40 to -50 Celsius degrees here right? Stabilizer isn't worth the money for a landmower or other small machines but yea you could I guess.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

You know our winters can get down to -40 to -50 Celsius degrees here right? Stabilizer isn't worth the money for a landmower or other small machines but yea you could I guess.
                    This is conjecture, but I would assume low temps would actually be beneficial for storing fuel, most chemical processes slow as the temp drops.

And no, you won't have use for lawnmowers, etc.. but Snowblowers, absolutely. Any alcohol in the gas there would draw water out of the air, and then promptly freeze in a fuel line, causing a no start.

You would want to run a low viscosity oil there, or a multiweight, such as 0W-30 or something to allow the oil to flow at such low temps.

Comment

Yea oil needs to be adjusted, I personally use 5W30 for winter, its better in cold climate.

It would also help tremendously if everyone got rid of their old cars since they pollute much more than newer vehicles. I'm guilty of that. My first ride was a 97 Acura TL 2.5L, a big boat of a car but very lovable with brown leatherish interior, which was also a weird model; 5 cylinders in line (I5), and I owned this car for 7 years. I made 99% of the repairs myself, McGyvering most of it to save money, tie-wrapped body parts after a few dicks did hit-and-runs on my baby, etc. But, at some point, I had to bypass the charcoal canister since it was clogged real bad (couldn't afford the parts), therefore my gas emissions were going straight out in the atmosphere unfiltered.

Where I live they'll only force a safety check on the car if you sell it to another province (Ontario), otherwise, unless you get pulled by a cop for pollution, which never happens, people just keep on riding their tubs farting emissions in high quantities.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Yea oil needs to be adjusted, I personally use 5W30 for winter, its better in cold climate.

It would also help tremendously if everyone got rid of their old cars since they pollute much more than newer vehicles. I'm guilty of that. My first ride was a 97 Acura TL 2.5L, a big boat of a car but very lovable with brown leatherish interior, which was also a weird model; 5 cylinders in line (I5), and I owned this car for 7 years. I made 99% of the repairs myself, McGyvering most of it to save money, tie-wrapped body parts after a few dicks did hit-and-runs on my baby, etc. But, at some point, I had to bypass the charcoal canister since it was clogged real bad (couldn't afford the parts), therefore my gas emissions were going straight out in the atmosphere unfiltered.

Where I live they'll only force a safety check on the car if you sell it to another province (Ontario), otherwise, unless you get pulled by a cop for pollution, which never happens, people just keep on riding their tubs farting emissions in high quantities.
                        I can't afford what I would want to buy. If I ever win the lottery or something, I'd go find a late 60's muscle car, probably a 1968 Dodge Charger with a big arse engine and all the trimmings.

Yes, I'm way older than you, and that kind of iron is what I learned to drive in, and I sorely miss them.

Comment

I can't afford what I would want to buy. If I ever win the lottery or something, I'd go find a late 60's muscle car, probably a 1968 Dodge Charger with a big arse engine and all the trimmings.

Yes, I'm way older than you, and that kind of iron is what I learned to drive in, and I sorely miss them.
                          I'm more of a 67's Mustang Cobra guy myself, but yea 68 Charger is nice too. If I'd get my hand on one of these, it would definitely not be my daily driver though and wouldn't drive it during the winter (obviously).

I had a fascination for 60s muscle cars since my childhood so I feel you on this one, even though you and I are probably 45 years apart

27634.jpg
                          Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 10 October 2018, 08:56 AM. Reason: Added pic (Fastback V8 model)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I'm more of a 67's Mustang Cobra guy myself, but yea 68 Charger is nice too. If I'd get my hand on one of these, it would definitely not be my daily driver though and wouldn't drive it during the winter (obviously).

I had a fascination for 60s muscle cars since my childhood so I feel you on this one, even though you and I are probably 45 years apart

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42740[/ATTACH]
                            For me, it would be retro thing.. 2nd car I ever owned was a '68 Charger.

Comment

Who says religion and politics don't share a bed?

So yeah

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/8/179410...an-nationalism

Yeah was posted before but seriously...... Have they all gone off the deep end?
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Who says religion and politics don't share a bed?

So yeah

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/8/179410...an-nationalism

Yeah was posted before but seriously...... Have they all gone off the deep end?
                                There are all sorts of nuts in the world.

But the article itself is quite biased, like anything on Vox. Or rather it ignores the same behavior it criticizes in the movie when it comes from the left. It goes on about people being good or bad depending upon whether they submit to authority or not. But apparently, they have no problem with people in colleges and such subjecting themselves to the authority of the leftist elites who decree what can be said and what can not be discussed on campus. Apparently, it depends on who the authority is.
                                Last edited by Annoyed; 11 October 2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X