This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    But that would require me to believe in a god I don't believe in now either. That's problematic.
    no problem, woman - just be a good wife to your man, pretend you believe (and never get caught) and everything should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Of course, any nation that supports, aids or provides assistance to these extremists should face the full wrath of the international community, up to and including being "glassed".
      careful - W junior was a good friend of the Saudis & Qataris

Comment

It's about not letting fear control the life we are leading - if we can show them that we are not afraid, and will not be intimidated into not fighting back (which we need to continue to do - we have no choice in the matter - Sinjar in Iraq was retaken by the Kurds, an important IS-lifeline cut in half). That's the kind of message we need to spread.

Stand against the extremists, not against all Islam.
        I know but who exactly is to be fought back - we know names of organizations but who is behind these? You can't strike back just because you want to do something. The criminals have the upper hand - they know it and they act accordingly.
        They don't give a dam who they kill - something the 'backfighters' shouldn't.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          careful - W junior was a good friend of the Saudis & Qataris
          Haven't you figured out by now that I don't march in lockstep with anyone, regardless of political party? I was never a big Bush II fan, and in fact have been quite critical of many of his actions.

Comment

quite the opposite with such a large muslim population (almost 8%) especially considering that there are muslims in the police & gendarmerie ie. law enforcement (that alone disproves the anti-muslim argument) and they've had muslim governors & even muslim ministers (including their minister of justice, a few years back)
            even those in prisons get to have hallal menus on demand

now they had a recent controversial law banning burkas in public (women can still wear the veil but not cover their faces) but this was to prevent people from hiding their faces - in other words wearing a V Anonymous mask in public is also illegal, nothing to do with religion
            I think it's more that there are some shady anti-religion laws and ridiculous laws that Muslims end up thinking that they are being specifically targeted. I mean, from an American POV those are somewhat...bad laws.

Okay, you be afraid then and continue to fall into the trap you so nicely explained.

I'm gonna make a different choice, and say that while I feel uneasy and restless. I will not relent to blind fear.
            I think the words you are looking for are "not letting fear control your life" or "giving into fear" or "surrendering to fear."
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, you be afraid then and continue to fall into the trap you so nicely explained.

I'm gonna make a different choice, and say that while I feel uneasy and restless. I will not relent to blind fear.
              You know, there are people who don't feel pain. It's not an advantage, it's a hazard. People who can't feel pain don't know when they're injured, and they have to constantly check themselves for scratches and wounds.

Same goes for fear. Fear is not something to avoid or suppress, it's a healthy reaction to danger.

When you're facing a threat, there are three known responses. You can react by confrontation (fight), by escape (flight) or you can freeze where you are and do nothing, hoping it'll somehow go away by itself (paralysis).

Where does your choice of reaction fall on this scale?
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Maybe what needs to happen is that the world as a whole start distrusting Muslims in general. Once the "main" branch of the religion starts to feel the heat of dislike, mistrust and suspicion, it may feel more strongly motivated to disavow the actions of the extremist minority that claims their religion as cover and hides within it, and to more actively cooperate with the international community in exposing and destroying that extremist minority wherever it is located, by whatever means necessary
                Muslims are condemning the attacks. They are telling us that IS is not what Islam is all about.

I saw an interview with an Imam on Dutch television, and he said exactly that. He's afraid if the world turns against Islam and Muslims in general that it will lead to even more young Muslims joining the call to arms, believing that it's the right way, instead of realizing it's the wrong way.

And he has a point...

no problem, woman - just be a good wife to your man, pretend you believe (and never get caught) and everything should be fine
                I'm the kind they throw off buildings, remember.

As of yet, I have not mastered the art of flying and I do love my freedom. I will never bow to any man or woman who wants to take my freedom away. I'd rather take my own life than live in a "prison".

Yeah, I said it.

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                I know but who exactly is to be fought back - we know names of organizations but who is behind these?
                We do know who's behind IS --> Inside the leadership of Islamic State: how the new 'caliphate' is run

Haven't you figured out by now that I don't march in lockstep with anyone, regardless of political party? I was never a big Bush II fan, and in fact have been quite critical of many of his actions.
                I knew.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                I think the words you are looking for are "not letting fear control your life" or "giving into fear" or "surrendering to fear."
                Yes, them. Thank you.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

let's just say you tend to send...contradictory signals ^^

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    I think it's more that there are some shady anti-religion laws and ridiculous laws that Muslims end up thinking that they are being specifically targeted. I mean, from an American POV those are somewhat...bad laws.
                    hey I'm not exactly a fan of such pro-govt laws either - people should be allowed to wear masks all they want

I'm the kind they throw off buildings, remember.

As of yet, I have not mastered the art of flying and I do love my freedom. I will never bow to any man or woman who wants to take my freedom away. I'd rather take my own life than live in a "prison".

Yeah, I said it.
                    it's ok you can say it - freedom of speech is paramount & everyone should be entitled to it, even women

yeah I said it

Comment

Muslims are condemning the attacks. They are telling us that IS is not what Islam is all about.

I saw an interview with an Imam on Dutch television, and he said exactly that. He's afraid if the world turns against Islam and Muslims in general that it will lead to even more young Muslims joining the call to arms, believing that it's the right way, instead of realizing it's the wrong way.

And he has a point...
                      Has the "official" Muslim front office ever given direct, useful intel or other information regarding the locations, names of members/leaders, or in any other way provided direct, tangible, useful assistance to the forces trying to take ISIS down? Or better yet, attacked and destroyed an ISIS cell on it's own? (even if the attack failed, it would still count for something.)

Actions speak much louder than words.

Comment

let's just say you tend to send...contradictory signals ^^
                        Thinking for one's self tends to do that.

Comment

Thinking for one's self tends to do that.
                          does it really have to involve that much internal conflict?

Comment

Quote: We do know who's behind IS --> Inside the leadership of Islamic State: how the new 'caliphate' is run (quote: Falcon Horus)

And who goes there to neutralize him/them/the ideas/the group?
                            And how? And who guarantees that he/them is/are the only one/s?
                            The evil ones have an organized system we cannot imagine - and whenever a politician says our country is safe it's simply not true!
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Has the "official" Muslim front office ever given direct, useful intel or other information regarding the locations, names of members/leaders, or in any other way provided direct, tangible, useful assistance to the forces trying to take ISIS down? Or better yet, attacked and destroyed an ISIS cell on it's own? (even if the attack failed, it would still count for something.)

Who are you talking about, exactly?
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

You should contact the official Christian Front Office. Maybe get the secretary to call the Muslim Office.

Also.. What in the name of Bacon are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X