Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    No, the REALLY funny bit is he is pushing for a "properly aligned SCOTUS"
    Influence from the public = bad?
    Influence from the POTUS = good?

Wait let me rephrase that.

Influence from millions = bad
    Influence from one individual and his party cronies = good
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

B: You expect the Dems to act like the Repubs.
      might not be a bad idea actually

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        might not be a bad idea actually
        Fire with Fire

Reps have the deportation bus, Dems should have the importation bus!
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Its a perfect metaphor for our democracy
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Dems should have the importation bus!
            that would be water (they tried that in 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              C. If you buy Annoyed's conspiracy theory
              Thing is, based upon the facts that we know now, my conspiracy theory is what makes the most sense.

You can take for granted that you aren't going to hear "the truth" from either political party or most politicians in general. This does not just apply to the current SCOTUS fight, it applies in general.

So the best anyone can do is look at what we do know, including who stands to benefit from whatever is going on, and figure out what is really going on. That's just how you gotta do it when you can't get "the truth" from politicians, political parties or the media.

So, who stands to benefit the most from (what even some of you have conceded) are in all likelihood, false accusations, deliberately brought to light at the 11th hour in these circumstance?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Thing is, based upon the facts that we know now, my conspiracy theory is what makes the most sense.

You can take for granted that you aren't going to hear "the truth" from either political party or most politicians in general. This does not just apply to the current SCOTUS fight, it applies in general.

So the best anyone can do is look at what we do know, including who stands to benefit from whatever is going on, and figure out what is really going on. That's just how you gotta do it when you can't get "the truth" from politicians, political parties or the media.

So, who stands to benefit the most from (what even some of you have conceded) are in all likelihood, false accusations, deliberately brought to light at the 11th hour in these circumstance?
                More possible scenarios:

He did do it (And maybe did it too to the second accuser)
                The accuser thinks he did it but he didn't do it (Same or different with second accuser)
                The accuser is a pathological liar (Second accuser is a bandwagon jumper or the same)
                The accuser is on a one woman crusade (Second accuser s a bandwagon jumper or wants a two woman crusade)
                The accuser wants their moment of fame (Same with second accuser)
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

the only conspiracy theory that has credibility is the one where Government rigs next national elections (2018 & 2020)

but hey don't diss Godvernment right?

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    More possible scenarios:

He did do it (And maybe did it too to the second accuser)
                    The accuser thinks he did it but he didn't do it (Same or different with second accuser)
                    The accuser is a pathological liar (Second accuser is a bandwagon jumper or the same)
                    The accuser is on a one woman crusade (Second accuser s a bandwagon jumper or wants a two woman crusade)
                    The accuser wants their moment of fame (Same with second accuser)
                    But, take it as a given that we will never hear "the truth" from politicians or the media? What is the most likely scenario?

Comment

But, take it as a given that we will never hear "the truth" from politicians or the media? What is the most likely scenario?
                      Why should anyone take what you say as a given?
                      You support a leader who lies every day, and when confronted with it, don't care about the lies as long as you get what you want.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Why should anyone take what you say as a given?
                        You support a leader who lies every day, and when confronted with it, don't care about the lies as long as you get what you want.
                        So, you believe that you get the truth from politicians and the media?

If you were a US resident, I would assume it was the fault of how our schools have changed over the past 4 or 5 decades. When I went through them, we were taught to think for ourselves and come to our own conclusions, as opposed the the blind acceptance of whatever the govt. says, conformist and groupthink crap that is taught today.

Maybe the schools down under have been undergoing the same changes, too, I don't know. But if you do generally accept govt. and media reports at face value, as you appear to do, maybe you ought to rethink that.

And yes, in my opinion, this country has been moving in the wrong direction for decades now on several fronts. If we have to hold our nose to get people who will get it going in the right direction, I'm ok with that. What's the alternative? Hold your nose and back people who will move the country the wrong direction? It's not as if the Democrats don't lie just as much as the Republicans do.

No matter which side you back, you still have to hold your nose.

Comment

But you dont think for yourself. You just repeat any nonsense Trump says.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            But you dont think for yourself. You just repeat any nonsense Trump says.
                            That's hardly true. Have I not said quite often that he has the worst case of foot in mouth disease that I've ever seen? Have I not said that I think we would be better if Pence took over?

I agree with the path he wants to take the country down; his agenda. But I do not agree with everything he says.

Comment

That's hardly true. Have I not said quite often that he has the worst case of foot in mouth disease that I've ever seen? Have I not said that I think we would be better if Pence took over?

I agree with the path he wants to take the country down; his agenda. But I do not agree with everything he says.
                              Could you be specific on what you do not agree with? Give a few examples?
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                Could you be specific on what you do not agree with? Give a few examples?
                                Mostly, it's the stupid comments he makes on twitter, etc. And no, I don't bother remembering them, hek I don't even have a twitter account.
                                His constant stream of nonsense and foot-in-mouth is actually lessening his abiltiy to carry out the agenda he was elected to carry out, so Pence would be better choice at this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X