This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Hardly, I could pull as many examples of the right doing it as the left.
    Simple fact is, both sides are guilty of it, and the quicker people realise that, the quicker that there will be one less petty thing for them to argue over.
    I rattled off a couple of examples (actually a major example and a group of more recent examples) without really thinking about it. I'm not the only one who has commented that liberals demand that everyone accept their ideas as gospel; they are totally intolerant of other ideas and beliefs, despite themselves claiming to value diversity.

Perhaps because liberals, generally being younger don't listen to radio so much anymore, it's more online or podcasts.
    This fight was over long ago, sometime in the 1990's-2000's as I recall. I think the death rattle of AA occurred in 2010. well before the dominance of the 'net.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I rattled off a couple of examples (actually a major example and a group of more recent examples) without really thinking about it. I'm not the only one who has commented that liberals demand that everyone accept their ideas as gospel; they are totally intolerant of other ideas and beliefs, despite themselves claiming to value diversity.
      I'll give you two that blows them all away.
      the NFL kowtowing to a president because he finds something offensive
      That's a dictator, no matter who does it.
      The NRA re-writing the 2nd amendment to make money for itself.

Destruction of the private sector union movement while be jealous of the private sector union movement
      Multi tier republican owned media outlets such as Sinclair
      I can go on if you want.

It's sad really, rather than just see it for what it is, you attempt to "win". Both sides are equally as bad as eachother.
      This fight was over long ago, sometime in the 1990's-2000's as I recall. I think the death rattle of AA occurred in 2010. well before the dominance of the 'net.
      AA did not start until 2004, and the net certainly was around. It was not AS dominant, but most new tech is embraced by the younger generation first (the ones who tend to be more liberal). I was on BBS' in the 80's and in high school in the late 80's we were learning website development and coding in computer studies.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Now, time for your daily stupid.
        https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...48460881035265

FAKE NEWS
        sigpic

Comment

Now, time for your daily stupid.
          https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...48460881035265

FAKE NEWS

Who are all the whiners in there defending Cadetbonespurs?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Ok, Roseanne was stupid, shot her mouth off, and got what she deserved. Only sad thing there is all the other people who lost their jobs.

But now, something similar from the other side of the fence.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/samantha...-feckless-cnt/

Bee eventually took aim at Ivanka Trump, who faced criticism from liberals after posting a photo of her son this weekend on Twitter amidst reports that HHS had lost track of nearly 1,500 migrant children placed with families.

“Ivanka Trump, who works at the White House, chose to post the second most oblivious tweet we’ve seen this week,” Bee said. “Ivanka, that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad’s immigration practices you feckless c**t!” [asterisks mine to avoid board censors]

“He listens to you,” she added. “Put on something tight and low-cut and tell your father to ****ing stop it. Tell him it was an Obama thing and see how it goes, okay?”
            That was just as far over the line as Roseanne's comment was. Let's see how long it takes for the network to axe her show, or the mass outcry in the rest of the media to rise.

Or does is who says something and what viewpoint they advocate more important than what is said?

Comment

I'll give you two that blows them all away.
              the NFL kowtowing to a president because he finds something offensive
              That's a dictator, no matter who does it.
              What law, executive order or other official policy did Trump make regarding the NFL? He expressed an opinion, same as any citizen has the right to do.

The NRA re-writing the 2nd amendment to make money for itself.
              How, exactly?

Destruction of the private sector union movement while be jealous of the private public sector union movement
              Presuming my correction is correct, it's not jealousy. I really have no objection to unions in the private sector. If a company's unions demand excessive wage/benefit packages, its customers buy the product someplace else, the company goes out of business (Unless it's "too big to fail", thank you G.B. II). It's a self-correcting problem.
              The public sector is different because the consumer can't go elsewhere to get that service. There's no control or brake on the greed of the demands.

Multi tier republican owned media outlets such as Sinclair
              I can go on if you want.
              Surely you jest. Yes, some media networks come from a right-of-center position. But regardless of who owns them, or their individual political positions, the vast majority of the media in this country is strongly biased to the left.

AA did not start until 2004, and the net certainly was around. It was not AS dominant, but most new tech is embraced by the younger generation first (the ones who tend to be more liberal). I was on BBS' in the 80's and in high school in the late 80's we were learning website development and coding in computer studies.
              Yes, the 'net existed then, but it was in its infancy compared to today. You're making the assumption that there was left-leaning content, such as talk shows available on the 'net back then that the young skulls full of mush would have been listening to that.
              They didn't know how to operate a simple AM radio? If there had been interest, left-leaning talk radio could have flourished, but there was simply not enough interest to sustain it as a business. Which is why PBS/NPR survived, they don't HAVE to earn an audience.

Comment

What law, executive order or other official policy did Trump make regarding the NFL? He expressed an opinion, same as any citizen has the right to do.
                If he were any other citizen, no one would care about his opinion, or his tax returns, or his affairs, or his deals with Russia or anything else.
                But he ISN'T.
                He is POTUS, and that carries weight, more weight than "leftie celebrities" like Sam Bee that you just got your panties in a bunch over.

How, exactly?
                By ignoring the entire section on the militia, and spreading fear campaigns to sell guns. Before the NRA took a nasty turn in the 60's-70's, it served a useful function, a club for responsible gun owners to have meetings and events. What it is now is nothing more than the publicity arm of Arms manufacturers.
                Simple enough for you?

Presuming my correction is correct, it's not jealousy. I really have no objection to unions in the private sector.
                You personally may not.
                If a company's unions demand excessive wage/benefit packages, its customers buy the product someplace else, the company goes out of business (Unless it's "too big to fail", thank you G.B. II). It's a self-correcting problem.
                Unions are not to represent "company A workers", they are to represent entire classes of workers. As for it being self correcting, that's the drivel of trickle down economics. Companies report massive profits, but those profits never trickle down to the worker, because the worker as an individual has no agency, they are replaceable, and expendable (and republican lawmakers have made damn sure in stays that way). The profits "trickle down" to the Shareholders, who are not replaceable or expendable and worker joe gets screwed once more. Why do you think that the US is almost unique in the first world nations to have such a MASSIVE wealth disparity?
                The public sector is different because the consumer can't go elsewhere to get that service. There's no control or brake on the greed of the demands.
                Yes there is.

Surely you jest. Yes, some media networks come from a right-of-center position. But regardless of who owns them, or their individual political positions, the vast majority of the media in this country is strongly biased to the left.

Oh, and you sorta undercut your argument about radio as it is mostly right wing.
                Yes, the 'net existed then, but it was in its infancy compared to today.
                Your point?
                You're making the assumption that there was left-leaning content, such as talk shows available on the 'net back then that the young skulls full of mush would have been listening to that.
                It's not an assumption, unlike young skulls being full of mush.
                They didn't know how to operate a simple AM radio? If there had been interest, left-leaning talk radio could have flourished, but there was simply not enough interest to sustain it as a business. Which is why PBS/NPR survived, they don't HAVE to earn an audience.
                They know how to operate one, they just have no interest in the delivery method. They are no where near the same things. Retail is getting this now. It's not that people don't want to shop, they just find ordering things from Amazon or whatever easier. The same is true for information exchange. Radio (especially talkback radio) is the person slogging a trolly aisle to aisle through a store and paying cash or writing a cheque at the register. Amazon is clicking some buttons, typing some numbers and being done in 5 minutes and getting what you want without being distracted by the built in Gruen effect of grocery stores.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok, Roseanne was stupid, shot her mouth off, and got what she deserved. Only sad thing there is all the other people who lost their jobs.

But now, something similar from the other side of the fence.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/samantha...-feckless-cnt/

That was just as far over the line as Roseanne's comment was. Let's see how long it takes for the network to axe her show, or the mass outcry in the rest of the media to rise.

Or does is who says something and what viewpoint they advocate more important than what is said?
                  Sam had an opinion based on facts, Roseanne did not.
                  Her point was not to call Ivanka a "feckless C" but to point out that she is utterly tone deaf to a situation enabled by her father, and un-resisted by her as a WH staffer, and most importantly, happening at the same time. She might as well have said "let them eat cake"
                  "My daddy lost 1500 children, but look at my beautiful boy"
                  Cool...………………………….

As for the "wear something low cut" comment, well, Trump has stated on more than one occasion that if Ivanka was not his daughter, he would date her, and several of his mistresses have confirmed that he compares them to her...……….

Calling someone a cross between a monkey and Islamic state has no basis in fact, and only serves to put crap on someone. If you cannot see the difference here, I don't know what to tell you.
                  sigpic

Comment

speaking of the islamic state Ivanka could have some uses - if she were sent as an offering to ISIS (eg. in exchange for prisoners) no doubt they'd know to make good use of her

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      speaking of the islamic state Ivanka could have some uses - if she were sent as an offering to ISIS (eg. in exchange for prisoners) no doubt they'd know to make good use of her
                      That comment falls into the Roseanne category. Well done, you have stared into the abyss long enough to become the thing you hate.
                      sigpic

Comment

That comment falls into the Roseanne category. Well done, you have stared into the abyss long enough to become the thing you hate.
                        cept on purpose Jesus
                        (sux when the wrong people get baited)

btw I'd never become a government-worshiping capitalist
                        Last edited by SoulReaver; 31 May 2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

cept on purpose Jesus
                          (sux when the wrong people get baited)
                          Here is a novel concept, try not just trolling?
                          You are a smart person, capable of sifting through layers of BS on both sides, so why not use that and keep the snark as a backup weapon?
                          I LOVE some good snark, it's all but a national pastime, but snark has value, cruelty has none.

Oh and I ain't Jesus, I admire the myth of the man, not what people have done with him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, Annoyed, you were asking about the 2nd amendment before.
                            Here you go:

When your 13 year old kids are afraid to go to school, not because of "mere bullying" but "cause I could get shot", you, as a nation, have a problem.
                            sigpic

Comment

Outrageous! This is very insulting.

You should damn well know that only goats are accepted as offerings.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Nah, she's a natural blonde (I think). That's worth 20 camels... at least!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X