This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Dems&Company keep scorecards, except for their own (ahem - President Clinton, who openly committed "immoral behavior" during his presidency with certain staff members).
    Of course. "Do as I say, not as I do" is a constant theme for all politicians of any stripe. For example, Congress routinely exempts itself from most of the laws they pass.

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    The political arena and MSM is so hateful against Donald Trump that now they are bullying Kanye West over Kanye's comments about "thinking for oneself" and not being swayed by the public. Maxine Waters (congress-woman) basically told Kanye to shut his mouth on politics..for saying what he did in relation to (being sort of pro-)Donald Trump.

Maybe Maxine Waters needs to shut her mouth-trap, too. Let Kanye West think and act for himself.
    Of course, between Maxine's unspoken lines, there seemed to be some threat level being set-up against Kayne West and perhaps against anyone who follows Kanye's suggestion(s) to think (at the voting booth) for oneself -- not be persuaded by a bunch of peers/bullies.
    Democrats don't really like the idea of people thinking for themselves. This is natural. If people think for themselves, they might see how screwed up the Democrats ideas are. Can't have that, can we. Of course they're coming down hard on Kayne; he's straying from the plantation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      The reason "Dems and co" don't keep scorecards SG, is because they are not the ones claiming moral superiority in matters of the bedchamber.
      Guess who does?
      There is some truth to that. Since the Republicans tend to run on "family values" platforms, I would expect that they would behave better in this arena. To run on a platform opposing abortion, and then paying for your hotel honey's abortion is rather hypocritical in my view.

But at the end of the day, when you choose who to vote for, you have to pick your priorities. All politicians come as packages of good and bad, you have to decide if the good is worth putting up with the bad.

Sure, politician A has gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but is it worth putting up with that to get someone who wants to do the right things on policy, or do you vote for the other guy who wants to do boneheaded things because of the warts?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Of course. "Do as I say, not as I do" is a constant theme for all politicians of any stripe. For example, Congress routinely exempts itself from most of the laws they pass.

Democrats don't really like the idea of people thinking for themselves. This is natural. If people think for themselves, they might see how screwed up the Democrats ideas are. Can't have that, can we. Of course they're coming down hard on Kayne; he's straying from the plantation.
        Really? Then why did the video of Donald Trump saying if he ran for President he would run as a republicant because they are stupid? Why are republicants always denying scientific fact? I think, sir, you have that reversed. At one time in the history of the GOP, they did think for themselves...but that ended well before King Ronnie.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Really? Then why did the video of Donald Trump saying if he ran for President he would run as a republicant because they are stupid? Why are republicants always denying scientific fact? I think, sir, you have that reversed. At one time in the history of the GOP, they did think for themselves...but that ended well before King Ronnie.
          Actually. that, is a load of ********, trump never said that.
          It's a still image meme, and about as useful as most of them.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

There is some truth to that. Since the Republicans tend to run on "family values" platforms, I would expect that they would behave better in this arena. To run on a platform opposing abortion, and then paying for your hotel honey's abortion is rather hypocritical in my view.
            But that is a VERY narrow view to look at it.
            "Family values" -as a platform-, also impacts all levels of gender/sexual rights.
            THAT is what you constantly fail to understand.
            You could argue that people on the left wanting socialized medicine are not looking at the broader cost (a conservative talking point)
            Then we go into cost of all other things etc etc.

But at the end of the day, when you choose who to vote for, you have to pick your priorities. All politicians come as packages of good and bad, you have to decide if the good is worth putting up with the bad.
            Sure, and that's an entirely valid way of looking at it, but that viewpoint is utterly, totally dependant on non tribalism politics.
            You NEED to vote policy, not party, and you need to have a long view, and forgive me, but most people can't last 5 minutes with a viewpoint.

Sure, politician A has gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but is it worth putting up with that to get someone who wants to do the right things on policy, or do you vote for the other guy who wants to do boneheaded things because of the warts?
            It's not a cookie jar, it is proving moral bankruptcy.
            "you can't have an abortion by law" (but I did)
            Sex with the same sex is a violation of God's laws (except when I did it)
            Poor people deserve jail, but my white collar crime didn't end with me killing someone, so it's ok.

Look at your favorite punching bag, "you can keep your doctor".
            Obama was STUPID to make such a comment because it was not, is not, and never should be the role of the government to determine how something reacts to new laws. He -wanted- to do the right thing though, so on your scale, he get's a pass.
            What is trump's intent?
            sigpic

Comment

Kanye said slavery was a choice, you idiot.
              sigpic

Comment

Actually. that, is a load of ********, trump never said that.
                It's a still image meme, and about as useful as most of them.
                Ummm...I saw the video from the interview. It was on youtube until a couple months prior to the election. I remember sharing it with friends. It was not an image meme. It was a moving picture...they've been around for well over 100 years. The video still exists, but the part where he says he would run as a republican has been edited out.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Ummm...I saw the video from the interview. It was on youtube until a couple months prior to the election. I remember sharing it with friends. It was not an image meme. It was a moving picture...they've been around for well over 100 years. The video still exists, but the part where he says he would run as a republican has been edited out.
                  He never said it.
                  Trump leaned far more democratic than republican when he was a just a businessman, why do you think the split with the Clintons was so hard for his kids?
                  I'm not defending him, he is an A grade piece of crap, always has been, but you need to keep honest with yourself here, cause god knows he won't.
                  sigpic

Comment

You NEED to vote policy, not party, and you need to have a long view, and forgive me, but most people can't last 5 minutes with a viewpoint.
                    I DO vote policy, not the man. How many times have I said I'd rather see Pence take over, because he will carry out the same policy as Trump, but without the circus sideshow. Who else was on the ballot or the Republican primaries that advocated the same policies that Trump did? Scrapping stupid trade deals, securing our borders and in general, a no BS approach to immigration "reform"?
                    Take trade for example. I've been staunchly opposed to NAFTA and such since before Ross Perot brought it to the fore in 1992 with his "giant sucking sound", which regrettably actually came to pass. He was right on the money with that.

Take illegal immigration. My idea of proper "immigration reform" is to eject every illegal to their country of origin, no excuses, no BS. They can then apply for legal immigration.

Every other pol besides Trump has had some form of amnesty as their plan. We did amnesty, under Reagan in 1986. That didn't work out so well, did it? Ever hear the saying about doing the same thing over and expecting different results?

So don't tell me I voted for Trump because he is Trump. I voted for him because of his policies. If it had worked out that Pence was on top of the ticket, with Trump as VP, I would have voted for Pence.

Comment

I DO vote policy, not the man. How many times have I said I'd rather see Pence take over, because he will carry out the same policy as Trump, but without the circus sideshow. Who else was on the ballot or the Republican primaries that advocated the same policies that Trump did? Scrapping stupid trade deals, securing our borders and in general, a no BS approach to immigration "reform"?
                      Ted Cruz.

Take trade for example. I've been staunchly opposed to NAFTA and such since before Ross Perot brought it to the fore in 1992 with his "giant sucking sound", which regrettably actually came to pass. He was right on the money with that.
                      American manufacturing actually grew during that time period. Automation is what did it in, not free trade. Here's a very interesting video where the conservative candidate for the Mexican Presidency goes into details on that (in English btw). Blaming NAFTA is like blaming ice cream for the rise of crime during the summer. It just so happens that Ice Cream sales increase independently off the increase of crime in the summer. His info checks out for the most part. Start at the 2 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIdXBqoU2kw

Take illegal immigration. My idea of proper "immigration reform" is to eject every illegal to their country of origin, no excuses, no BS. They can then apply for legal immigration.
                      Yes we know. It's the stance of zero tolerance immorality.

Every other pol besides Trump has had some form of amnesty as their plan. We did amnesty, under Reagan in 1986. That didn't work out so well, did it? Ever hear the saying about doing the same thing over and expecting different results?
                      That's because they, like Reagan, have some moral compunctions about your idea. Unlike the others here I don't say that to offend, it is my honest take on that opinion. It is unequivocally immoral. Forget legality for a minute, it is just immoral. Deportations are not immoral, but the scale you speak off at an non prejudicial level will and does lead to a whole load of moral issues.

So don't tell me I voted for Trump because he is Trump. I voted for him because of his policies. If it had worked out that Pence was on top of the ticket, with Trump as VP, I would have voted for Pence.
                      No you would have not. If you didn't vote for Cruz, you wouldn't have voted for Pence. The one constant people gave for supporting Trump wasn't policy, it was "He said it like it is", in other words, his dog whistle blowing is what sold many people. I'm not saying you were attracted by the dog whistles, but he also had a lot of soundbites that you did like. Unfortunately, that's all they are. Fanciful soundbites with little to no basis in reality.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        Fanciful soundbites with little to no basis in reality.
                        Amen
                        sigpic

Comment

This is how you prevent yourself from becoming a "MeToo".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/05...olice-say.html

A teenager in Memphis stabbed her classmate with a pair of scissors after he pulled up her dress, local authorities said.

A male student allegedly pulled up his schoolmate's dress in a classroom at Central High School. The girl then grabbed a pair of scissors and eventually stabbed him after various attempts, according to FOX13.

A school nurse treated his injury, the news station reported. It’s not immediately clear where the male was stabbed.

Both students, whose names have yet to be revealed, were issued juvenile summonses, police said. The male was issued a summons for sexual battery, FOX13 reported, while the female was issued one for aggravated assault.

The male student told police that “he was only playing and never exposed the victim,” FOX13 reported.
                          Good for her! Although I would like to know why she was charged.

Comment

Because she stabbed a guy
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Although I would like to know why she was charged.
                              if stabbing's ok for this then how should she react if it's full-on Trump-level assault?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Because she stabbed a guy
                                Defending yourself should not be a crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X